The Apocalypse discussion

Characters > The Survivors - Characters - Religious

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Carly (last edited Sep 10, 2010 01:06PM) (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) Name:

Rank/Job: (i.e. hunter, cook, preacher, ect. No, they don't have to have one, but it's more of a skill to what they'll be helping with most while here.)

Personality: (please, don't have a loud but shy person or a good natured but tempermental one. I don't want a list here, I want a little about your character as a person, please.)

Appearance: (Pictures are fine, but a discription and a picture is preferred.)

Kin:

Crush: (doesn't mean you have to have one right off the bat, people!)

Other:

The religious are those who think that they were put on this earth to recreate the world in god's desired way. They're fighting with the others because they believe that the world was wiped out so they could start anew, not to recreate what chaos there was before.
**Note** - The characters don't have to be religious, they can also just dislike the way the others are working with their way to re-create the world.

message 2: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) Name: Ethan Hughes

Rank/Job: Fighter

Personality: Ethan is a very intelligent man. He has a mind that thrives on knowledge and also on competition. As a child he was a competitive learner, which didn't earn him many friends at all sadly. In a way, he views himself not as antisocial but more as independent. Some would say that he's just an overconfident and isolated asshole. This is not so, he doubts himself of course, like any other would, but his deeply buried fear of rejection and social isolation which would lead to a forever lonely life causes him to keep his fears to himself.
Aside from his intelligence, he's also very rebellious at times. Some might call him ignorant to the regular social order of things, the way he acts. He's of course impulsive, some say too much, but what they don't realize that he attempts to think through his plan to the fullest extent before doing something that could either hurt himself or other people that he either cares for or just wouldn't want to hurt in order to make a point. He enjoys being viewed as superior.

Appearance: Ethan is, at first sight, tall. He has dirty blonde hair the color of sand and steel blue/grey eyes. The color of his eyes varies depending on what color he wears, but to some people they can be overwhelmingly intense. His face is weatherworn in a way, very rugged with somewhat jagged features. You may notice that his hands can be calloused, rough to the very touch. This is because of his constant musical talent. You can usually find him at home with a drink and his guitars or piano, maybe reading one of his favorite mysteries from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. But back to his looks, before I go too far off topic. He he’s stubble, not a flat out beard but his disheveled unshaven look makes him look a bit aged, but also rugged, which he's been told suits him very well on several occasions.

Kin: Lisa

Crush: nope

Other: He's not religious, but he thinks that everything happened for a reason, and they should be making the world different

Ruby~am I a part of the cure? (openupyoureyes) | 248 comments Mod
Okay.. My English teacher is Mr. Hughes...

message 4: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) Lol. Is he creepy?

HELL YEAH!!! He scares the crap out of the students. He doesn't reach seventh graders anymore because once they started crying in class.

message 6: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) Ewww. I hate creepy teachers.

I know right? He shouts at is for the heck of it and he makes too many mistakes and misunderstandings and hates to be corrected. He once suspended some boys for laughing/ shrugging in class.

message 8: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) I'm working on some characters.

message 9: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) kin?

Family member, blood related

message 11: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) Family.

message 12: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) oh

Hehe...

message 14: by Autumn (last edited Sep 11, 2010 10:20AM) (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) Name: Harmony Chan
~Age: 6
~Gender: Female
~Rank/Job: Despite her young age, she is extremely skilled in weaving, a skill that was taught to her by her mother at the age of 4.
~Personality: She used to be bubbly and sweet but now she’s just scared. As she’s only six, she doesn’t fully understand the situation and she feels lost and confused in the new world. Her siblings have noticed that her smiles have become rare and her words even more scarce. She hasn’t spoken above a whisper since the chaos died down. She’s having nightmares about the disaster and her siblings are trying to fix everything but they really can’t.
~Appearance: Layered black hair down to her shoulders and big brown doe eyes with long lashes. Her skin is pale and clear, and everything about her is tiny.
~Kin: Twins- Sister, Autumn (15); Brother, Storm (15)
~Crush: Wow, she’s six and the world just ended. She isn’t exactly looking for love. She just wants her parents back
~Other: Her parents were lost in the apocalypse. Her siblings are unsure what happened to them because they disappeared so the Chans have assumed their parents are dead and they are now orphans. Also, she has a very strong attachment to the baby blanket her mother weaved for her, which is her only possession. Honestly, she’s not religious or nonreligous since she doesn’t really know what’s going on. I just kinda stuck her here ‘cause there isn’t a topic for confused children.

Name: Autumn Chan
~Age: 15
~Gender: Female
~Rank/Job: She’s good with medical stuff because her mother was, but only first aid. She’d been planning to become a doctor before the disaster. She’s also a fast runner from cross country and track. Currently she’s just an errand runner, which she hates because she feels like she has no power.
~Personality: She’s serious and likes to keep to herself more than she likes being around people, but she’s not a hermit. She just likes her me-time. Also, she’s very protective of those close to her, which is basically just her siblings that survived. Some people, such as her brother, say she’s bossy but she highly disagrees. She just likes to be in charge because she’s a very orderly person and she knows that she can be counted on to get things done. She’s a tough nut to crack but inside she’s really a softie. Don’t mind her sarcasm, please. She has very deep thoughts that she liked to sort through by writing in the woods behind their family’s house because it made her feel close to nature.
~Appearance: Long wavy black hair more than down her back which is usually kept in a braid. Big brown eyes and tan skin from so much time spent outdoors.
~Kin: Sister, Harmony (6); Twin Brother, Storm (15)
~Crush: None yet. She doesn’t see herself falling soon but it could happen.
~Other: The only thing she was able to salvage in the disaster One last thing-she’s a singer but you can’t tell anyone because nobody knows about her voice except for Harmony. She thinks Storm doesn’t know but he does. To be roleplayed--She’s not religious but she does believe the apocalypse happened for a reason. Her brother doesn’t think so this has put sort of a rift between them but their main focus is on their sister for now.

message 15: by Julia Horan (last edited Sep 15, 2010 02:02PM) (new)

Julia Horan Name: Julia Staddon

Rank/Job: She dosen't nesaasarily have a "job" persay. Bu, she's great with nimals and is a good writer.

Personality: Julia is a hot tempered, aggresive, protective, and defensive. She will fight to the end, for her friends. Julia is quite competitive and tends to be a sore winner and a sore loser. Julia is strong willed and spirited. She has trouble following orders, and plays by her own rules. She dosent go looking for trouble, though. Trouble just seems to find her. Julia is usually outgoing. She dosent care if she embarasses herself, she likes being the center of attention. Julia is flirty, she dosent hold back when she has a crush, and she dosent care if the guy dosent like her back, either. Julia is a very smart and intelligent girl. But, she isn't a know it all, who corrects people. In fact, she hates peole like that. Julia never regrets her descisions. She will always back up her responces, no matter what. Making her a loyal and passionate person. Julia tries her best not to complain, and to just love life.

Apperance: http://api.ning.com/files/wAim8X1wsmT...
Julia has long blonde hair, that has some brown streaks in it. She has natural highlights, of blonde, brown, and bronze. Julia has overgrown flow bangs, that just hang by her cheek. Julia's hair goes past shoulderblade length, making it quite long. But, Julia almost always pulls her hair into a ponytail, she hates how it always goes into her face. Julia has pale skin, with few freckels and acne. Julia is obsessed with being clean, so her skin has few flaws. She tries to get a tan, but she always ends up with a sunburn going across her nose and onto her cheeks. Julia has very beautiful eyes. When she wears dark colors, her eyes turn into an intense navy blue, , which always shows sadness or anger. But when wears lighter colors, Julia's eyes turn into a stormy grey, which shows her every emotion.
Julia is quite tall at 5'8. Julia has a tall abd skinny frame. She had long, slender arms and legs. Her legs are pretty much always hairless, because she shaves everyday. Julia has very white teeth, but whenever she is told to smile, her smiles turn out terrible. But when she is laughing, her smile is natural and pretty, but her laugh is very annoying.

Kin: mother- desceased, father- desceased and her brother- desceased

Crush: Open! She is looking for the right guy.

Other: Julia is quite religious.

message 16: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) yay another well developed one ^^
im so glad that im not confusing people with instructions xD!

message 17: by Julia Horan (new)

Julia Horan Lol! And thank you^^ I think this seems like a really good idea

message 18: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) ^////^ thank you!
and you're very welcome!
x3

message 19: by Julia Horan (new)

Julia Horan Anytime:)

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 12, 2010 04:36PM) (new)

Name: Viola Kendall Jackson (Goes by Vi,she thinks the Viola is too proper)

Rank/Job: She started teaching herself Martial Arts when she around 10 years old. She also started teaching some kids once in awhile. She's just always loved a challenge when she was little and sometimes, you just need to be able to hold your ground.

Personality: Viola has a very calm,charismactic energy about her. She's headstrong and rarely ever looks back on any decision or situation she's brought up to. At times,she can be more of the observer than the talker,she has an intuitive mind and contemplates about things a little too much and can be quite wistful sometimes. Her attitude,most of the time, is very witty and matter-of-fact. Sarcasm is something she uses about every 10 seconds and owns it. Viola is very complex and has always had an independent nature and despises being bossed around,that's what usually ticks her off. Well,that,and her food touching.

Appearance: She has strong,Indian features that she gets from her mother. Her face has strong bone structure with arched eyebrows. Her eyes are big and slightly slanted with fierce dark brown eyes that seem too see right through any facade. She has an athletic yet feminine body shape and naturally creamy,tan skin she defintely got from her mother. And she has a jet-black crown of wavy hair that tumbles down to her lower-black.

[image error]

Kin: Her little brother,Seth and her older cousin who she pretty much resents,Derrick. And....she's not sure about her parents,and she's not getting her hopes up but..she hasn't given up on them.

Crush: Every guy she's met has been a pig and downright obnoxious so she has no hope in that area. She's single and proud but yea..she's open.

Other: She's religious,even though she sometimes cusses like a sailor but she believes. She has to,she survived and so did her brother...she has no idea why Derick survived but there has to be a reason for that too. She also has an artisic mind and enjoys drawing and writing what she feels,which isn't exactly always on the postitive side. And when she was 7,she taught herself the piano because she was just bored out of her mind that day,and she's never stopped playing scince.

message 21: by Chachi (new)

Chachi  (fudgebrowne) | 4 comments Name: Sean Matthews

Rank/Job: Sean's not an expert, but he does know a lot about science and history. Before the world collided into complete chaos, he was a tutor for younger kids when he was about 17.

Personality: He's not really your type of guy to be nonchalant and cool about things. He get's irked easily over somethings. Yes, Sean does have a nice side most of the time. He doesn't take sarcasm very well, but he's sweet and considerate. Once you get to know him a little better, you'll be like a companion he likes to have around.

Appearance: description
Sean has warm hazel eyes. It's a weird and unknown trait to him, but his eyes are constantly changing colors. What that means is; when he was around 2 years old, his eyes were a dark blue or somewhat like the color of the ocean. A couple of years later when he turned 15, his eyes changed to an emerald green. He finds it yet akward, but facinating. He is a brunette with a blonde streaks here and there. Just call him a dirty blonde if you must. His skin has a pale brown color just slightly lighter. He's not bulky or buff, but has enough muscle that a guy starting in his early twentines should have.

Kin: His parents are deceased and he has a younger sister, Visolela.

Crush: Open

Other:

message 22: by Chachi (new)

Chachi  (fudgebrowne) | 4 comments Name: Visolela

Rank/Job: She's very good with kids. She helped work at a daycare center.

Personality: Visolela is very playfull for her age believe it or not. She's the opposite of Sean-completely. She's considerate and respectful of others. She can be a bit lazy at times but you'll always see her doing something. Visolela will contstantly bother you over any game she can think off. She's gets very quiet when something or someone prokoves her. She doesn't care what other people think of her, but will get her act together if you really do force it upon her.

Appearance: description
Visolela has a dandelion or goldenrod hair color. She has forest green eyes and the top of her nose is dotted with freckles. She's slim and doesn't really have curves like most teenagers, but she is mature.

Kin: Sean

Crush: She always says that she doesn't have time for boy problems, she just wants to live her life to the fullest without any problems.

Other: She enjoys music a lot whether it's from a recorder or violin. Visolela is a music freak. She also enjoy's playing chess. She considers herself a "chess master".

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Name: Odalisc (O-Da-Lisk)

Rank/Job: She is a priestess of what she calls the New Order, the order of perfection over chaos.

Personality: Odalisc is overall, a crazed woman, with visions of grandeur, and a perfect world, or what she calls "Omega". She believes in perfect diety, with no weakness or flaw. She believes that once the perfect world is created, she must kill herself, because she herself, is imperfect. She has a distressing past, and those images haunt her. She believes that the tragic events in her past were caused my imperfection. She is physcotic, and her lust for imperfect blood often controls her actions. She believes that those fighting for creation upon chaos should die. Inside she roils with uncontrollable anger and sadness, and a hate of herself. She is more of a radical believer.

Appearance: She is short for her age, around 5'9. She shaved all her hair off, including eyeborws and lashes. On her head is a long red scar, that trails down her neck. Her eyes are piercing blue, with flecks of brown and grey. Her skin is extremely pale, almost translusent. She has a long purple-blue-pink scar that runs like a vein down her forehead, cheek and neck. She has two other similar scars on her back, and 4 ring scars on her left ankle. She is very thin and boney.

Kin: She was married to a man, and had 2 daughters and a son. Her husband died of a rare diesease, and her son persished in a fire at the beginning of the apocalypse. She doesn't know where her daughters are, but thinks they joined the side of Chaos.

Crush: She only ever loved one man, and he died.

Other:She is gathering priestesses to join her new order. She has an apprentice, (character pending). She loves animals, whom she believes are in tune with the universe.

message 24: by Carly (last edited Sep 16, 2010 04:33PM) (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) -flails-
finally a priestess! I was contemplaiting making a preist/priestess/bishop, too x3

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

lolz awesome!!! :DDD

message 26: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) XD well thought out character

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

lolz~ thought I should make a crazy person :P

message 28: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) I love crazy people!!
I think I'll make a preist who's devoted his life entirely to god o-O

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

O-O which god?

message 30: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) Uhh Christian one, seeing as I know most about Him >.<;

Spazzy Maz Brit [the insane one] (cally215) -screams- *nearly faints* anotwr version of Ethan!! **giddy hahahaha**))

Name- Salem Casano

Age-18

Gender- femme

Job-ermm well I'll figure that out later

Personality- rebellious is one way to describe Salem. No words seem to faze her and she normally couldn't care what others think/say about her. She is very flirtatious and hot-headed, but the better you get to know her the easier to 'handle' she is. She loves to be with her friends and can be lazy. Despite her outward appearance (personality wise) she really does care for others, no matter how hard she tries to hide it.

Appearance- her hair is shoulderlength and is raven black, besides an ice blue streak in her long side bangs. Her eyes are nearly the same ice blue as her blue highlight. Her ears are double pierced as is her cartilage and bellybutton. Her figure is athletic but is also curvy.

Kin-Felix (older sister)

Crush--mehhh I don't care she flirts with everybody xD

Other-

Name- Felix Casano

Age-30

Gender- femme

Job- how bout..um..any ideas?

Personality-Felix is very stubborn in some ways. She chooses to be very immaculate. She's very fun-loving and outgoing. She can be a real bitch at times also, though. Some may describe her ad mildly bi-polar at times. She can be ignorant and sarcastic but that just adds to her 'great' role model material for her sister. She tends to flirt without her really knowing, mostly out of habit.

Appearance- longer black hair and darker blue eyes. She, like her sister, has the athletic and curvy figure.

Kin- Salem

Crush-heheh will be determined

Other-

message 32: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) XD yes eethaan!!

Spazzy Maz Brit [the insane one] (cally215) *faints of pure joy*

message 34: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) (xD)

Spazzy Maz Brit [the insane one] (cally215) My character obsessions run deep haha))

message 36: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) Name: Father Christopher O'donnel

Rank/Job: Preist

Personality: Christopher joined the church at age 18. He went on to continue working as one of the most strict and well known preists in his church and around the small town he lived in. He has always believed that everything happens for a reason, weather it be the apocalypse or the coming and going of the rain. He wants to recreate the world the way god would have wanted it.

Appearance: Father Christopher
Father Christopher is tall and intimidating. With graying blonde hair and dark brown eyes that almost look black, his aged face doesn't seem to add much help to the fact that he's a very strict man. His face is crinkly and his jaw square. He has a seveire look about him, like he'll stop at absolutely nothing to get what he wants.

Kin: died in the apocalypse. the closest thing he has to a son is the young boy he was training.

Crush: None

Other:

message 37: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) Name: Adrien James

Rank/Job: --

Personality: Adrien was orphaned as a child when both of his parents died in a car crash. After five years of living in the system, at age twelve he found a new home with the church. He was able to put all his faith in god. This young boy is faithful to god and the man who is like a father to him, Father Christopher. He works as his assistant, trying to learn as much about the faith as he can.

Appearance: Adrien
At sixteen, the boy is slim and tall. He has blue eyes and blonde hair that is a bit shaggy. His face is one of innocence, and his frame is still rather short.

Kin: dead, he was orphaned and taken in by the church

Crush: none

Other:

message 38: by Rizza (new)

Rizza (blackroseev) | 17 comments Would it be ok if I brought Anael in to be a priestess in training under either Christopher or Odalisc?

message 39: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) yes of course ! ^^

message 40: by Rizza (new)

Rizza (blackroseev) | 17 comments Woo! I'll get her posted up then!

message 41: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) yaaay!

message 42: by Rizza (new)

Rizza (blackroseev) | 17 comments Name: Anael Jacobs

Rank/Job: Priestess in training

Personality: Anael had always been more of a spiritual person, never basing her beliefs in one religion or another; that is until the end of the world as she knew it came to a crashing end. Her parents had always been devout in their beliefs, and believed it to be a blessing when she conceived her daughter and named her after the lesser archangel Anael, angel of air, life, passion and love. She lives up to her name sake, by being caring and loving to those she comes a cross. In times like these, compassion and love are needed, so she chose to become a priestess.

Appearance: Photobucket
Anael has a slight figure, standing at only 5’2” she is easily lost in a crowd. Green-blue eyes are set into creamy skin. Light blonde hair frames her face.

Kin: Her parents were killed, ironically enough, in a collapsed church

Crush: None at the moment

Other:

message 43: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) ^_^
her pic is pretty

message 44: by Rizza (new)

Rizza (blackroseev) | 17 comments Thank you =D hey could I get a summery?

message 45: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) argh i suck at these, uhm well there hasnt been much happening with the religious at all, which is why i shall lead an attack against are far too big group of non religious. mwahahhaha xD
uhm mostly we're in the early stages, a small shelter's been built for non religious charries, but they found a water source and are moving there. We determined it wasn't a nuclear problem that cause the world to end, so fruit that can be found and is actually salvagable is safe, though boiling water is obvious. and uh.. yeah.. ^_^

message 46: by Rizza (new)

Rizza (blackroseev) | 17 comments Okay, I'll try to figure out how to bring Ana in

message 47: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) ill bring in my two in a sec -.- urgh i desprately need lunch, i havent been eating much for the past two days Dx not very fun

message 48: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) Oh I know it used to piss me off as a kid >.<

message 49: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) The thing about women not being aloud to be part of the church xD

message 50: by Carly (new)

Carly  (cloud-envy) -endless squeeing-
thankyousomuch
I had a dream that huddy was breaking up next episode. O_o

« previous 1