Clean Reads for Mormon Teenagers discussion

Advertising > Book Giveaways

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (last edited Sep 27, 2010 12:36PM) (new)

Melissa | 6 comments Looking for free clean reads? Squeaky Clean Reads (www.squeakycleanreads.com) is constantly giving away clean reads! So come and enter to win! We have some great YA selections coming up in our giveaways this fall!

~Melissa
www.squeakycleanreads.com

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 6 comments www.squeakycleanreads.com

"Agent in Old Lace" by Tristi Pinkston

2 winners
ends Dec 6th at noon

ENTER HERE: http://www.squeakycleanreads.com/tris...

Publisher's Note: Shannon Tanner's perfect life is turned on end when she discovers her boyfriend, Mark,
is not what he seems. Fearing for her safety, she enlists the FBI, who puts its best man on the job, Rick
Holden, who dons a dress and goes undercover as Shannon's roommate. For a while it seems that life is safe
again, until Mark kidnaps Shannon's best friend. Shannon realizes the only way to save her friend and herself
is to send Rick, her only protection, away. Agent in Old Lace is a thrilling combination of
action, suspense, and romance that will keep you turning the pages until the end.

message 3: by Lea (new)

Lea Carter (klcislc) | 31 comments I'm celebrating The Silver Princess' arrival in print by having a Goodread's giveaway! Follow the link at the bottom to enter. :-)

Not sure if you've outgrown fairies? I recommend visiting the book's Goodread's page. Underneath the cover image on the left you should see a button that says "Read excerpt" (white text on a green background). Read the first chapter for free!

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

message 4: by Alexxa (new)

Alexxa Reynolds (alexxa111) I loved reading that book for part of a character study I am doing on fairies! It was wonderful!

message 5: by Lea (new)

Lea Carter (klcislc) | 31 comments Wow, that sounds very creative! Is that for school?

message 6: by Adam (new)

Adam Kelley | 1 comments Hi All:
I'm I'm looking for reviews on my books so I have a discount for anyone that will review one.

You can get a free E-book or 15% off a paper-back by going to www.quailsong.com and clicking on the discount button.

You can also sign up to be one of my beta readers for future books if you want to.

I have two books out right now, Rain and Three Tales by the Bay. They both follow couples through the difficulties of courtship, marriage, and trying to get through the challenges of life together.

Rain is set in a realistic near future science fiction setting, but I hesitate to classify it as science fiction since there are no fantasy elements and the story is about the people, not the setting.

Three Tales by the Bay is set in and around the San Francisco Bay area with one story set in the very early 20th century, one in the mid 21st century and the final one in the mid 22nd century. Again, its about the people, the setting just provides the challenges.

Are they clean?

I think 99% of people would consider Rain clean. There is no profanity and no graphic descriptions of nudity or sexuality. The protagonists for the most part behave themselves admirably. However, there is passion, there is conflict, and some people in the book make bad decisions that hurt people.

Three Tales by the Bay is more complicated. It adheres to the same standard of no profanity (people swear, but you don't hear the words they say) and no graphic portrayals of nudity or sexuality. However the protagonists are more flawed, often don't behave appropriately, and are involved in things they shouldn't be. There is more violence, and there are more extreme lifestyles on display. There are both positive and negative sexual relationships going on and the reader knows about them, but they are not described in great detail. There are some tragic elements. There are more disturbing attitudes held by some characters. I think its clean and, by the end, ennobling, but it goes through some dark places on the way.