Kenyons Minions discussion

Dark Hunter: General discussions > Dark-Hunter Series general discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 506 (506 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara | 142 comments This series is awesome- discuss!

message 2: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments It's got to be one of my all time favorites...Ms. Kenyon is an awesome story teller...I hope to meet her one day...should have NO Mercy in the mail today...come on 2:30...

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) *Whimpers* I am SO painfully jealous, Cindyg! I preordered No Mercy the collector's edition from Premiere Collectibles, and it has STILL yet to even ship, much less arrive in the mail! The super-sucky thing is that I live in BFE and the only two places to buy books, Wal-Mart and a "bookstore" (it's really a Hallmark card shoppe posing as such, LOL) do not have the book in stock.

Normally I wouldn't be this petulant about such, but I'm going to see Sherri in Indianapolis tomorrow for her No Mercy book signing - and I'm petrified that I'm going to hear a spoiler! *Bites fingernails* I'm very much of the anti-spoiler persuasion, *laughs.*

message 4: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments I purchased the collector's edition of Bad Moon Rising from Premiere Collectibles...how cool...Maybe you'll still get your copy today...
A friend and I actually talked about driving to Indiananpolis for her book signing...we live in Wisconsin but in the end decided to wait and see if she makes it to Chicago sometime in the future. I'm jealous...have fun...

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Ugh, how I wish. Alas, mail came and went, and I made the eager-beaver walk down to the mailbox to be disappointed yet again :(. But! Who knows, maybe next week!

Oooh! Double-irony. You considered going to the Indy signing AND got the collector's No Mercy book. Great minds think alike, apparently, lol.

I know it'll be fun to see Sherri again, but I'm just terrified someone's going to blurt out "HOLY CRAP THIS MAJOR THING HAPPENED IN NO MERCY!" or some such spoiler, lol. But, even if it happens, I'm thankful I got-or will get to- attend.

I hate that it didn't work out for you and your friend to go to the signing. But, at least you do have a friend who enjoys reading her books. No such luck for me. Thank God for Kenyon Minion and The Dark Hunter World - without these two GR groups, I think I'd go batty, LOL.

message 6: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments I'm very lucky to have several friends who love the series...I think I'd go ape shit if I didn't have friends to talk to about the series...and we're all die hard, have to own the books, and no we will never part with them; fans!!!
You'll have to post and let's us know how much fun you had at the book signing...

message 7: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) I've been reading the books for a year, and have only just found this site. All that time I had no one to share them with. It was horrible. Still cant believe just how popular they are!

message 8: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Well you'll love it here Steph cause we all love our Dark Hunters, Dark Weres and Dark Dreamer here. Welcome and let's have some fun!!!

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Cindyg wrote: "I'm very lucky to have several friends who love the series...I think I'd go ape shit if I didn't have friends to talk to about the series...and we're all die hard, have to own the books, and no we ..."

Aw, man, Cindyg, I definitely envy you that! My situation is the polar opposite of that, truly. I've tried countless times in the past to get my friends and acquaintances to read Sherri's books to no avail.

(Actually, I even recently ended a friendship because a "friend" of mine threatened to destroy my copy of Night Pleasures I loaned her. And, not only that, but when I made arrangements to get the book back, she actually refused to do so and did a power play of refusing to give me the book, then after I made the 30 minute drive back home, she called to inform me that 'NOW' I could have the book. Yeah.)

Anyway, I learned my lesson and shall NEVER part with any of my books again, LOL. As such, that is really great, though, that you do have people you can really glom over the books with :). Has to make reading them all the more fun!

Oh! Yeah, I think I will do that, then. I'll probably post later this evening, because a TON happened and I'll blab and gab all about it :).

message 10: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Welcome Steph! I know exactly how you feel, and you'll find a lot of fellow obsessed fans on both this message board, as well as at the other GR group The Dark Hunter World. Lots of obsessed fans, lots of fun to be had! Hehe. So! Welcome!

message 11: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments I hate to admit it but there are maybe 4 people who I might loan my books out to. And they happen to buy their own copies so I haven't have to loan them out...thanks goodness...cause I'd probably have a heart attack.

message 12: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) *Dies laughing* At heart, I'm the same way, but I was so desperate to have a "real" friend who actually enjoyed the series as much as I did that I risked such. I have absolutely, positively learned my lesson, though!

Books, most especially those that belong to my favorite author, are precious to me - and fans in general, I think - in a way that so few people can truly comprehend. They actually take on a sentimental value, really.

message 13: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Hey I hear ya and feel ya...I was the same way when I started reading PNR...I just got lucky cause there are about six of us who love reading the same books...and when we get together it's one hella of talk fest. Not to mention when we going book shopping, which we do about once a month.
My husband has threaten that he is buying himself some fangs, if only he would...LOL

message 14: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) *Dies laughing* That is so great! Man, that has to be amazingly fun, most especially the book buying expeditions!

Hehe. Fangs, huh? Poor guy, he just doesn't understand. *Laughs*

message 15: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments NO he doesn't but he's trying...I cracked up when he told me that.

message 16: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) So funny!!!

message 17: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments I've been of buying an audiobook so he could listen to it, then he'd get an idea of why I'm so hooked. He always uses the excuse to not read to the fact that his eyes water when he tries to read. I can remedy that.

message 18: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) *Throws head back laughing!* Smart woman, you are, Cindyg!

And, if he tries to argue that "I he-man, me he-man don't read romance" (the argument that it seems a lot of men like to make, no offense intended to your husband of course :)! ) then you can tell him that 40% of the US fan base for Sherri's books are men! Whoot whoot, go you male DH fans, LOL.

And! That number is larger in the UK :).

Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy Just wanted to share that I just received No Mercy...so excited.

message 20: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Awesome, Sharon! VERY envious! I can't wait till my copy comes in, just so I will stop being so paranoid that I'm going to run into No Mercy spoilers. I HATE spoilers, LOL.

message 21: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments I can't believe you still haven't gotten your book...have you been tracking it? It must be killing you.

message 22: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) I got it today!!! *Dances around room* FINALLY! I swear, I thought I was going to go nuts!

I had known that they shipped it out on Monday, so I knew it had to be on its way. I just was worried that it was going to end up lost in the mail or something.

(And yes, it DID practically kill me!)

message 23: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments I'm doing a happy dance for you Tara...I can't believe how long it took to get to you...happy reading!!

message 24: by Tara (new)

Tara | 142 comments How did you know I just got a call that it came in and I needed to go pick it up?

message 25: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) LOL I think Cindyg meant to say "Acheron's Akra" or "Jacqueline. Though, maybe not! Maybe she's psychic! :)

message 26: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Sorry Jacqueline, you're right...I did confuse you with Tara...my bad...you deserve better...thanks for being such a great sport.

message 27: by Tara (new)

Tara | 142 comments Ouch.

message 28: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments What am I doing wrong...I thought that you Tara where Acheron's Akra...did I miss something...I'm feeling really bad...I really enjoy both you and Jacqueline's knowledge of SK's world but right now I'm confused as all heck.

message 29: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments So Please correct me...help me out...

message 30: by Tara (last edited Sep 17, 2010 10:30AM) (new)

Tara | 142 comments Hi Cindy,

I'm Tara, we know each other from here, and the PNr Group, The Jr Ward Group and the M/M Romance group.

Acheron's Akra is formerly Jacqueline whom is very active and knowledgable here. But we are not the same person.

Sorry to be confusing.

message 31: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) It's okay, Cindyg! :) Mistakes happen, so no hard feelings, hon!

message 32: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Thanks guys...how embarassing...

message 33: by Tara (new)

Tara | 142 comments It's all good. It can get confusing, there are a lot of people.

message 34: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Thanks Tara for your kind words and for understanding.

message 35: by Fangirl Musings (new)

Fangirl Musings (fangirlmusings) Oh, don't you worry about it, Cindyg! :) I'm surprised I've yet to stick my foot in my mouth yet. I'm always making random blunders like that, LOL. So you're definitely not the only one, hon :).

message 36: by Luna (new)

Luna | 16 comments hey guys
i just found out that Invincible from the chronicles of nick is it going to be out until 03/22/2011 i just per-ordered my at Barnes & Noble just wanted to give you guys the heads up

message 37: by Tara (new)

Tara | 142 comments But, but, but... :(

I'm holding on to hope, SK's website is still listing it as Feb 1.

message 38: by Luna (new)

Luna | 16 comments i know :( but i went to Barnes & Noble today and they said the 22 its on B&N web sit to :( it totally sucks i don't know if i can wait much longer and they said the mange could come out early than the 1st or later

message 39: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Ah crap seriously? Have to wait til March? Dang gone it. Ah well maybe that is a good thing, I'll have a bit more money by then.

message 40: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 45 comments I think what I love best about Sherrilyn Kenyon's books is how full and developed her world is. When you read one of her books, you can see events or scenes where you know come from a different book and where the situation and people are more fully explained somehwere else. So she puts all these different stories and melds and fits them together. Each story is a different piece that fits together. Every scene is part of a different story somewhere else too and it's just so cool because it's like that in real life too. We live our own world and somewhere else, our little actions affect someone else's.

message 41: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Well said Seeker. Couldn't have said that any better at all. :)

message 42: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 45 comments =D

message 43: by Myranda (new)

Myranda | 24 comments Very true! At any moment, my mind can drift away into the Dark-hunters' world because of the way Sherrilyn Kenyon has written her world out so plainly for us all to jump into.

message 44: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 45 comments Yeah she's so amazing!

message 45: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) I am currently doing a re-read of this series (it's been nearly a year since I last read any of these books) ready for Retribution. I finished Talon's book today and is it just me or was it ten times better the second time around? (once I was completely up to date with every DH book available) I can't believe Styxx was in this book! (I think he had more of an impact on me this time around because I have read Acheron's book) There were so many amzing things that happened I honestly don't even know where to start. Like Vane and Fang (hilarious as always), Vane seeing Bride for the first time. Zarek's POV and seeing how every time he tried to help someone, it just completely blew up in his face.
Meeting all the bears at sanctuary... revisiting Eros and Psyche!
I could go on and on lol

message 46: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments I don't have enough time for a full re-read but I do love reading my favorite parts from the books. And especially re-reading about Styxx and Zarek has always been a pretty profound part of that book for me. And I do love Talon's Pez dispensers and how Sunshine washed Talon's clothes the first time and destroyed them. But he didn't get mad at her for it. Even though I'd be pissed as hell.

message 47: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 45 comments Lol yeah when you reread them and look in hindsight you'll see how everything in every book fits so neatly together

message 48: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) It's amazing really. How many times we see the exact same moments, but from another persons POV. You can't trult appreciate it until you've done a re-read.
@ Dhfan4life. I loved those parts lol.
I like when Talon tried to get Eros to hit them with his bow (make them hate eachother) and it didn't work. Sunshine was so pissed! Talon went (in like a second) from being total kick ass to a guy that was in SERIOUS SHIT with his woman lol.
Talon - "wait, honey, I can explain!" So funny.
My friend lost my copy of Dance with the Devil! My new copy came today. so I'm going to start that later today. Love Zarek, and get to be refreshed about Sundown. Can't remember him that much.

message 49: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Haha, that and I love when they were arguing about being married in the past. Talon being all strong and silent type but still trying to get laid. And Sunshine totally told him, that he wasn't getting any til he started talking. Totally reminded me of how I got in a similar argument with the guy I was interested in at the time and as he was pretty hot he would be taking his shirt off in front of me (which I love and he knows damn near stops convo from me as I'm drooling at that point) so I totally understood the whole going around looking sexy and being all un violated feeling Talon had during that part for sure.

And I forever love Zarek getting on Sasha's case for growling at him. Saying he didn't want to hear it from him as he lickes his own balls. I swear every time I think of it I choke on the audaciousness of someone saying that ever, lol.

message 50: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Just finished Night Embrace a little while ago and really enjoyed the banter between Talon and Sunshine. Reading your post has reminded me of some of the funnier moments.
Zarek's book is up for me next.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11