Terminalcoffee discussion

Helping You To Know The News > Fat men apparently "enjoy longer lasting sex"

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Stealing from Gus's facebook...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/lifesty...

message 2: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11604 comments 1.8 minutes? 7.3 minutes? Speedsters, all.

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori I saw that RA, on Gawker! Maybe y'all should stop working out so much, the difference is substantial.

message 4: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i wondered why my wife bought me a Fry Daddy and has loaded up the freezer with ice cream

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments My informal research confirms these findings. Don't ask about the sample size.

message 6: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11604 comments Rebecca wrote: "My informal research confirms these findings. Don't ask about the sample size."

Some guys are really less than two minutes? Holy shit.

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments But he sure is a frisky little thing.

message 8: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) i wondered why my wife bought me a Fry Daddy and has loaded up the freezer with ice cream

Choked on my grape.

...um, two minutes? Cannot quite comprehend...

Books Ring Mah Bell ...um, 7.3 minutes? Cannot quite comprehend...

Books Ring Mah Bell and what Phil said...
Some guys are really less than two minutes? Holy shit.

INDEED!

Books Ring Mah Bell Here I am, thinking I'm on Facebook, looking for the "like" button for Kevin's Fry Daddy comment.

Books Ring Mah Bell In the time it took for me to post those last 3 things... gym jocks would be done??

WOW.

Just wow.

Maybe that's why those Jersey Shore guys do that "fist pump" thing.

message 13: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments How long is ideal? It's an interesting question. How long, assuming the sex is good, should sex last?

message 14: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments (Yes, I know I walked into one with "how long is ideal?")

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "i wondered why my wife bought me a Fry Daddy and has loaded up the freezer with ice cream"

Sounds like a win-win for both of you.

message 16: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I can vouch for fat guys lasting longer.

What I can't vouch for is having lost nearly 50 pounds, and lasting longer?

message 17: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) nothing scientific, but I have a theory. A guy who is overweight is probably more conscious/considerate of his partner and works harder to make sure there is satisfaction/pleasure for said partner. Whereas pretty boy is just that, all packaging and not much content.

message 18: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24070 comments Mod
Somebody get Chris Christie's wife on the phone.

message 19: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11604 comments It could just be that the fat buildup decreases sensitivity.

message 20: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11604 comments Did the study account for circumcised vs. natural? Sex position? Amount of foreplay? Time between sexual encounters? Attractiveness of mate?

message 21: by Brittomart (last edited Sep 10, 2010 05:41PM) (new)

Brittomart Um...7.3 minutes vs 1.8 minutes?

It takes me at least 15 minutes to get off, and that's when I'm doing everything I want done to myself, just the way I like it.

I really don't want to have sex now.

message 22: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

"The study, published in Nature, showed overweight men had higher levels of the female estradiol hormone, which blocks male hormones and delays the climax."

Restating: men more like ladies have longer sex.

message 23: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11604 comments Estradiol is my middle name!

message 24: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i think fat dudes last longer because for the first 5+ minutes they are thinking about what snack they will have post sex which decreases mental stimulus thus seemingly lasting longer

least that's how it works for me

message 25: by Brittomart (last edited Sep 10, 2010 07:20PM) (new)

Brittomart 7.3 minutes.

For a couple of my high school years, I swore off sex because I've always heard that most men are terrible in bed, and they don't care about my satisfaction. Really, I wanted something to justify my virginity, but yeah. I've learned differently since then. That not all men are bad in bed and they like it when we like it too.

But 7.3 minutes? What kind of "love making" is this? How many men did they "test"?

message 26: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments it was a typo. it should have said 73 minutes. they tested Sting

message 27: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Hey, how come no one answered RA's question? I was looking forward to those answers.

message 28: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
RandomAnthony wrote: "Stealing from Gus's facebook...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/lifesty..."

Didn't you start a thread once for things you steal from Gus' feed?

message 29: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Britt wrote: "Hey, how come no one answered RA's question? I was looking forward to those answers."

ok since I am always the one to be politically incorrect... it should last as long as it takes for the woman to be satisfied since men are so easy!

message 30: by Barb (new)

Barb ms.petra wrote: "nothing scientific, but I have a theory. A guy who is overweight is probably more conscious/considerate of his partner and works harder to make sure there is satisfaction/pleasure for said partner...."

Might also have something to do with physical stamina, in that they can't go all crazy like a Tazmanian Devil ... which is probably why non-fat guys burn out fast. Fat guys have to take it slow.

As for RA's question: I think a good 30-45 minutes is good (including a healthy dose of foreplay). It's long enough to really enjoy yourself and makes sure the other person does as well, but not long enough that you're in your head going "aren't you done yet?"
Now if both people want to go for hours - go to 'er. Just not me. Longer isn't always better.

message 31: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11604 comments 30-45 sounds good. I might extend it to an hour by starting her off with a foot massage. She lurrrvs a good foot massage.

C'mon, fitness freaks. Two minutes?

message 32: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Lobstergirl wrote: "Somebody get Chris Christie's wife on the phone."

i happen to like Chris Christie. wish we had a governor like that in CO.
not very sexy, but gets the job done.

message 33: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Two minutes is like bird sex. Worm sex. Even cats usually go for 3-4 minutes.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) ms.petra wrote: "nothing scientific, but I have a theory. A guy who is overweight is probably more conscious/considerate of his partner and works harder to make sure there is satisfaction/pleasure for said partner...."

And men that are not as endowed are usually better at or more willing to give oral. Younger guys are often more eager to please, and older guys are often more sure of themselves/more attentive.

I'm so glad that I wasn't able to convince my mom to join Goodreads right about now...at least none of my talk would surprise my husband, which is probably more important at this age. :)

message 35: by Sally, la reina (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Two minutes is like bird sex. Worm sex. Even cats usually go for 3-4 minutes."

!!!

message 36: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Sally wrote: "RandomAnthony wrote: "Stealing from Gus's facebook...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/lifesty..."

Didn't you st..."

Yeah, but I'm too lazy to look for it, and sometimes the links deserve their own threads. I consider that a failed experiment.

message 37: by Sally, la reina (new)

Laziness will getcha every time.

message 38: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Sally wrote: "Lobstergirl wrote: "Two minutes is like bird sex. Worm sex. Even cats usually go for 3-4 minutes."

!!!"

What? Shock, dismay, disgust, confusion, elation?

message 39: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I'm no fan of Chris Christie, but even I was uncomfortable about all those fat jokes Jimmy Kimmel did! To his face!

message 40: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3385 comments Yeah. Abuse of power. That's like a teacher making fun of a kid in front of the class.

message 41: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 241 comments As long as the goals are accomplished on both sides, that is pleasure for both the man and woman, it should not matter how long it takes.

My husband knows me and knows exactly what to do to "win the race". Even quickies are satisfying. I think the only difference with real extended time is the amount of foreplay you give/receive.

My hubby was skinny when I first met him and he could last FOREVER. He trained himself well :)

message 42: by Susan (new)

Susan | 6406 comments I would consider 20 minutes as a quickie.