Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > Autumn (2010) Goals

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (last edited Sep 12, 2010 04:17PM) (new)

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) The official start of Autumn is only 2 weeks away! My Summer was completely derailed due to an unexpected illness and I'm determined to get back on track this Fall.

Here are some of my goals for this Autumn so far:
~Spend as much time as I can outside so I can enjoy my favorite time of year (I spent most of the summer stuck in the house but with the heat waves, that was okay!)
~Write 6 pages every day
~Study for at least 1 hour every day (so I can complete my online Interior Design course this Fall or this Winter at the latest)
~Help Hubbs find a new job closer to/in the area we want to move to
~Continue the purging I started yesterday throughout the house
~Get started on knitting Winter scarves, especially ones for Christmas gifts
~Work on getting physically stronger (I've lost close to 30lbs since being in the hosp in July which is Great but I literally have no muscle tone whatsoever and need build that up so I don't injure easily) - treadmilling 30 minutes a day and lifting hand weights to start

As I note more goals in my journal, I'll update this post.

What are some of your goals for this Autumn?

message 2: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (adriennemarietheresa) | 175 comments These are what I can think of right away:

- Prune my trees for next year
- Hike on the city trails and bike with the family
- Reorganize my closet and dresser. After moving, my clothes were scattered for a lack of furniture. Have the later now but I didn't bother un-boxing my winter things in the middle of the summer.
- Finally do that sewing project I've been promising my husband for years

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahsaysread) Hmmm...

- Get all moved again (we move Sept. 30th) and get the new apartment all settled.

- Stay active. Since my job just requires me to sit in a chair in a small little shack for 36-48 hours a week, I've gotten really out of shape. So I'm trying to make it a point to get up and move around more, take walks, etc.

- Get a lot, if not all, of my Christmas shopping done.

- Sort through all my craft stuff and get it reorganized and therefore usable again. I've got crocheting, sewing, scrapbooking, beading, card-making, etc all disorganized and stored in various places around the house. I want just one space when we move that I can dedicate to all my artsy stuff so that I can get to it easier and use it more!

I think that's pretty much it... I really just want to be all settled and have a nice, enjoyable autumn before winter sets in.

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Sarah, that's a great list and moving into a new place is one of the times you can use to get super organized and set up the way you want to. I don't find packing as helpful as unpacking! When we moved here my husband wanted us to get everything unpacked and put in place asap and that was a great idea (previously I'd sat on it for a while and did a little at a time once the necessities were unpacked). It felt like home almost immediately! Hope the same happens for you!

Thanks Brenda! I'm hanging in there and getting very excited and full of much joy now that Autumn and Halloween are nearly upon us! I've done more purging today and will continue throughout the week so I can then start decorating for Fall! (YAY!!!) I'm so proud of you for continuing on with your book and for doing NaNo again. I'm still undecided. I made my goal last year of 3 years in a row (finishing) and I'm just not sure I have the gumpshin for it again this year.

For those curious, November is National Novel Writing Month aka NaNoWriMo aka NaNo. The goal is to get down 50,000 words from 11/1 to 11/30. (No editing, just pure writing). If interested, I'd sign up at the latest by 10/30 - here's the link to their site --> http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Adrienne wrote: "These are what I can think of right away:

- Prune my trees for next year
- Hike on the city trails and bike with the family
- Reorganize my closet and dresser. After moving, my clothes were scatte..."

I have to prune my rose bushes! Thanks for mentioning pruning!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) You're welcome dear friend! Likewise :-)

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahsaysread) Jo wrote: "Sarah, that's a great list and moving into a new place is one of the times you can use to get super organized and set up the way you want to. I don't find packing as helpful as unpacking! When we ..."

I love packing AND unpacking - I purge while I pack (anything that I just feel worthy of packing will probably get tossed or donated), and I also like to unpack right away - I hate boxes being all over the place. The only obstacle with that is that there are some furniture pieces we'll need, and we'll have to buy those as we save the money for them :o)