Q&A with Heidi Durrow author of The Girl Who Fell From the Sky discussion

Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heididurrow) | 13 comments Mod
I'm looking forward to hearing your questions and comments about The Girl Who Fell From the Sky (Algonquin Books). I'll be answering questions and posting responses from Oct. 1, 2010 - Oct. 25, 2010.

message 2: by Birgit (new)

Birgit (birgit44) | 1 comments Heidi wrote: "I'm looking forward to hearing your questions and comments about The Girl Who Fell From the Sky (Algonquin Books). I'll be answering questions and posting responses from Oct. 1, 2010 - Oct. 25, 2010."

delightful opportunity, thank you

message 3: by Mike (last edited Oct 05, 2010 09:19PM) (new)

Mike Chambers | 1 comments Did you grow up in Northeast Portland or did you just do research? Your descriptions are very accurate.

message 4: by Heidi (new)

Mike wrote: "Did you grow up in Northeast Portland or did you just do research? Your descriptions are very accurate."
Hi Mike!
I'm a Portlander! And I really wanted to see the city mentioned in fiction -- I really really loved that the Wonder Bread Factory got a mention and is in a book!
:) heidi

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (directorsherry) | 5 comments Heidi wrote: "I'm looking forward to hearing your questions and comments about The Girl Who Fell From the Sky (Algonquin Books). I'll be answering questions and posting responses from Oct. 1, 2010 - Oct. 25, 2010."
Dear Heidi, I loved loved loved your book. And I am so happy for you and proud of you. I was one of your teachers at NAW.

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Hi Sherry,
Wow! So great to get your message! And thank you so much! How are you and Rex and Canedy? I hope all is well--and am so excited you found the book and liked it--it's been a dream come true to see the story out in the world! :) heidi

message 7: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (directorsherry) | 5 comments Heidi wrote: "Hi Sherry,
Wow! So great to get your message! And thank you so much! How are you and Rex and Canedy? I hope all is well--and am so excited you found the book and liked it--it's been a dream com..."

Yes, it's in the library at school. I nearly fell over when I saw your photo! We're all great. Rex and I have cloned the program in Chattanooga State college in Tennessee and Canedy is still in NYC, plying her trade! I hope you are writing more books! This one was so very well done!