Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > No Mercy- #19 for Dark Hunters

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ൠSinful (new)

ൠSinful  (sinful) | 118 comments How in the world does she keep doing it? (For me at least.)

I just can't believe that we are almost a 20 books in this series and I still enjoy them so very much. I hope I like Black Dagger Brotherhood 20 books in, but there really isn't another series that held my attention for so long. Breeds got so freakin' repetitive. (Frankly it is a really long sexcipade) Carpathians became ho hum for me too. I like Argeneau but I have only read a few. I have to be in the mood. There are lots of series under 10 books I love, but I wonder if 20 books in it will be the same....

message 2: by Pansy (new)

Pansy | 739 comments Michelle in S. Fla wrote: "How in the world does she keep doing it? (For me at least.)

I just can't believe that we are almost a 20 books in this series and I still enjoy them so very much. I hope I like Black Dagger Brot..."

I agree with everything you just said. I am hoping No Mercy is great because I love this series so much. I also got tired of the same story in Breeds and Carpathian series. I am reading Born to Bite by Lynsay Sands(Argeneau series). It is my guilty pleasure and I will read No Mercy next.

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie  G (paranormalhaven) | 81 comments Just got my copy in the mail yesterday. Can't wait to start it!

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (thebookwarrioress) | 38 comments I stopped reading after Acheron, should I catch back up?

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments Definitely!

message 6: by ൠSinful (new)

ൠSinful  (sinful) | 118 comments Nick is the new Ash... as in... for 15 books we were trying to figure out WTF with Ash, right. Now we have the clues to Nick, but lots of WTF also... He is the new mystery to unravel

message 7: by Caramelle (new)

Caramelle | 106 comments Nicole wrote: "I stopped reading after Acheron, should I catch back up?"

Yup! I love Acheron and Nick in the series.
There's still more Acheron after his book (yay!) and there is definitely more Nick.

Since its a new arc in the series, (1-Ash, 2-Jaden, 3-Sav, 4-unfamiliar character) there's definitely new characters and issues involved.

Love this series! :)

As for the book 'No Mercy', it's a great novel! I liked it better than BMR. Dev is an amazing character. Sherrilyn's writing style and humor gets better and better in each book! Can't wait for the next one...

message 8: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 2894 comments DH has so many yummy characters with such great histories, depths, humors, devotions, etc. What a talent.

message 9: by ~Vixhen~ (new)

~Vixhen~ (vixhen) | 24 comments I totally agree. I don't know how Ms. Kenyon does it. I'm reading Dark Side of the Moon right now, and I can't wait to get to the next book. Her characters are so intense and totally keep me interested. My goal is to read all the books by the end of the year, so when she comes out with book 20 - Redemption, I can be ready.

message 10: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 2894 comments I'm still waiting in line for No Mercy at the library, good thing I have plenty to keep me busy. Redemption is the next book, huh. Awesome, thanks.

message 11: by Pansy (new)

Pansy | 739 comments Just finished No Mercy and I loved it. I cannot wait for the next book. There is so much going on that I would be happy with any questions answered. Ms. Kenyon continues to keep you guessing. She is amazing. I love the Weres.

message 12: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments I was thrilled to be able to download the audio book of No Mercy and now I'm making myself wait till I finish listening to the Argeneau book - Vampire Interrupted - that I was halfway through when No Mercy arrived. I have no doubt the wait will make it all the more sweet. Cant wait.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 737 comments I'm probably the odd one who thinks the series could have ended with Ash's book. I'm not convinced that I like the new direction the series has taken, but I've always loved the were-hunters, so I haven't given up yet. I've got my copy of No Mercy in my TBR pile and hope to get to it next week.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 112 comments DarkHeart "Vehngeance" wrote: "I'm probably the odd one who thinks the series could have ended with Ash's book..."

I feel the same way. I didn't enjoy the last one as much I hoped so I haven't rushed out and bought No Mercy, instead I've put myself on the long waiting list for the library. The books after Acheron's have lacked something and now I'm beginning to lose interest in this series. However, I've heard good things about No Mercy so maybe it will be the one to get things back on track for me.

message 15: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 11 comments I loved this book! The only Dark Hunter book I've read was Acheron but No Mercy makes me want to go back and read the rest. Is it best to start at the beginning or are there some favorites to start with?
I posted a review of it at Debbie's World of Books

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments definitely start at the beginning! the characters from the early books reappear throughout the series. the first in the series isnt really a dark hunter book, but the characters are important, Fantasy Lover is the prequel. hope you enjoy it!

message 17: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 11 comments Thanks! Will check it out.

message 18: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) i read a couple of the books. then when i realised that i loved them, i went back to the beginning and am now up to date bar no mercy which i will have soon. the series is great and when u re-read the books that you read before they make so much more sence. fatasy lover is my favourite (exceot for Ashs book) the scene he sings for Tory is amazing? and its a beautiful song!

message 19: by Lolita de libros (new)

Lolita de libros | 4 comments I have read everyone of Sherrilyn Kenyons books. I am so caught up. Now I am depressed and waiting for the next one... It's a sad thing like years ago when Harry Potter was over. Now I think back and wonder where the hell was I and why did I NOT know about Sherrilyn Kenyon! THEN after that reading Twilight series??? Good God! Thank God I graduated to adult books after reading all my teenagers books!

message 20: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) Ii have No Mercy coming in the post in the next few days. Im gutted, god only knows what i'm going to read once I've finished it!

message 21: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (shinhbang) | 152 comments I thought this book was a good read. There are some parts I'm not fond of. I felt it was as if SK was rushing through this one. I mean the relationship between Dev and Sam's relationship developed a bit too fast for me.
Whatever though. Any news about Ash is always exciting news for me. :)

message 22: by Suz (new)

Suz I thought this one was really good too. I like that her heroines are becoming less and less princesses to be rescued and more and more "takin' care of business" kinda gals. I also like that the long story arc is developing. If I had a criticism it would be that I wished the long story arc would develop more quickly - but then they'd be UF and not PNR, hmm? :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fantasy Lover (other topics)