Delirity discussion

Movies, TV & Music > Vampire Diaries (Spoilers!!!)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 318 (318 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
This thread will contain Spoilers.

What'd you think of S2E1?

message 2: by Heather (new)

Talk about the drama. I feel the urge to finally finish the book after that episode.

message 3: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments The first book? It is nothing like the show. I read the first 4, and they only take tiny bits and pieces from the books and change the plot around those pieces.

I liked the first episode. It was obvious what Caroline was going to say that to Damon. She knew just what to say to push him over the edge. Then when he broke Jeremy's neck, I almost died. I forgot about the ring, so I was thinking he might come back as a vampire.

I kind of wish Catherine had a different accent or her voice was different from Elena's. They are supposed to look alike, not be clones.

message 4: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments OMGOMGOMG. I can't wait to watch the first episode! I dvr'd it and I'll probably watch it today. :)

message 5: by Heather (new)

She's trying to pick up on her mannerisms though. I freaked out at the Jeremy thing too. I had walked out of the room and didn't know that he had the ring.

message 6: by Carri (new)

Carri (carrifedor) | 145 comments Oh mY gosh! When he snapped Jeremy's neck I literally jumped off the couch!!

message 7: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments Heather wrote: "She's trying to pick up on her mannerisms though. I freaked out at the Jeremy thing too. I had walked out of the room and didn't know that he had the ring."

I get that, and she should be when she's pretending to be Elena, but when she's clearly being herself, I think she should be a bit different.

I didn't actually see him get the ring, did they show it? I heard him say something like "that used to be my dad's", but the baby was crying so I left to go into his room. I did rewind some of it, but I must not have went far enough.

Having a vampire break somebody's neck is so demeaning. It's like they're not even good enough for a meal.

message 8: by Heather (new)

Honestly, if done right I'd probably prefer it to being drained dry. Not that I want to try it sometime...

message 9: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments Lol Heather. I don't want either done. Unless Damon wants to take a sip, but then just for fun. :P

message 10: by Heather (new)

I didn't like either guy at first, but they kind of grew on me. It was like one day they went from cute, but awkward to hot. I kind of like Damon's character, but if he's going into the downward spiral that I think he is I don't know if I can support him through it. His character is just more interesting to me.

message 11: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I have loved Ian since LOST. His eyes are too gorgeous. *sigh*

message 12: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I am definitely team Stephan, lol. I love his character so much! damon does have the whole "hot bad boy" but sometime he just goes overboard. I had a very odd reaction of laughing when he turned that girl (I think her name was Vicky?) into a vampire just for fun, lol. I found it funny how he just doesn't care at all, and thinks everything is a game.

message 13: by Heather (new)

I thought it was so cute last season when he thought he was kissing Elaina. It just showed that he really does care.

message 14: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments He does care, but he is still selfish and does things for himself. He's kind of like season 5/6 Spike, except he can hurt and kill people.

message 15: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) I felt so bad for Damon when Katherine told him she never loved him. The look on his face was like he'd had all his insides ripped out. But, hey, I'm more than willing to love him if no one else will! LOL

message 16: by Heather (new)

Comments?

message 17: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I love that one, but I like the one with OMFG. Love sucks. written on it more. I might upload it tomorrow, but it's basically that exact picture with OMFG written on the top left hand corner and then Love Sucks on the bottom right.

My favorite poster/ad thing is on this page: http://tengossip.com/2010/09/07/anoth... I just found it and I'm already in love with it. I love her dress. :)

message 18: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) When you're putting those 3 on a poster it would be EXTREMELY hard to make a bad looking one!

message 19: by Carri (new)

Carri (carrifedor) | 145 comments Wow. He is licking her neck...

message 20: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments ^^ I know. It is surprising to show tongue on a CW poster. They are getting brave.

message 21: by Heather (last edited Sep 16, 2010 08:34AM) (new)

That was my first thought, Carrie. It's a teen show and theyve got the whole threesome thing going on in the poster.

message 22: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I know that for Gossip Girl the producers used the whole "the show is bad for kids because it's about drugs and sex and alcohol" to their advantage. I don't remember exactly how, but I know that they flaunted the fact that it was very mature. Because of that I'm used to CW being daring. I love it. lol :)

message 23: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments I remember being shocked when the trailers for GG had 'OMFG' in them. UPN was always more risky than the WB, and the CW is a merge of both. They definitely went with the more risky path when it comes to what they allow to air and their promo stuff.

***SPOILER*** for the first book

I am just glad that they haven't used the parts in the book where Elena drinks vamp blood. Yuck.

message 24: by Heather (last edited Oct 13, 2010 09:00PM) (new)

S2E2?

message 25: by Carri (new)

Carri (carrifedor) | 145 comments Loved it. Caroline makes an awesome Vamp!

message 26: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) I thought Damon was the only one making any sense when he said they had to kill Caroline. You know it's gonna end badly for her.............and what IS her mama going to think when she finds out???

message 27: by Carri (new)

Carri (carrifedor) | 145 comments Right?!? It really did not make any sense that they just sent her home. Shouldn't someone be watching her?

message 28: by Heather (new)

Ya, that's what I thought. Did anyone notice that Stephan said that he came back for her? Did he leave in season 1 and I forgot? Or is he talking to her like she's Catherine?

message 29: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) No, Stefan said SHE came back for HIM!

message 30: by Heather (new)

When he was talking to Elaina at the very end of the episode. Not earlier on.

message 31: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Heather wrote: "When he was talking to Elaina at the very end of the episode. Not earlier on."

Oh, okay. He said that he came back to Mystic Falls to make a life with Elena and that they shouldn't forget to LIVE it. I thought that was pretty romantic!

message 32: by Heather (new)

Ya, but did he leave during season 1 and then come back and I'm just not remembering it? If he didn't then that sounds a little odd. A little...I came back to make a life with you and i didn't even know you, but you looked like my ex so I'm all for it. It's the context that makes that line romantic. Under certain circumstances that line makes Stephan suspect. That was why I was wondering if I had forgotten something from season 1.

message 33: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) I think he knew about her before he came back which is kind of alluded to in the opening credits.

message 34: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments He new about Elena before they met, but he knew enough of her to know she was way different that Catherine. It's kind of creepy in a way, but I guess he was drawn to her (although I don't know how he'd know she'd fall for him). Kind of like Angel had watched Buffy and loved her before he actually met her. Seems to be a lot of vamps are stalkers, lol.

message 35: by Heather (new)

It's got to be the preditor in them. Or else a lot of authors think it's sexy that a man is so in love with someone they'll stalk them. Kind of creepy if you ask me. It being that common and all...

message 36: by Heather (last edited Oct 13, 2010 09:00PM) (new)

S2E3?

message 37: by Heather (new)

Damon saved her! He's not quite a cold-hearted butthead.

"...and now you want me to eat BUNNIES and I'm kinda freaking out!"

message 38: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments Teheheh. I really liked the ep. I wasn't surprised Damon saved her. He does truly care about her, but he's still a selfish ass.

I don't know why Stefan was being stupid when he was checking out the chains and crap. He told Elana he'd be careful. Supposedly all it takes is one frakkin bite.

message 39: by Heather (new)

I know. He heard a growl. That should lead to getting away.

message 40: by Heather (new)

I don't own it so I can't go back and check, but in the first Night World book is that Damon? The vamp? Not the one that saved his friend, but maybe the one that falls for the witch? I can't remember the third story.

message 41: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1745 comments Never read it.

message 42: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments In Secret Vampire? I don't remember him ever popping up but I did read those before watching the series so he might've. . .

message 43: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) Is it just me or does Ian Somerhalder get hotter every week??? Loved when he was listening to to Elena talk to the girl who had been Isobel's assistant. When he said, "If you want to see me naked all you have to do is ask", I thought my husband was going to fall off the couch, he was laughing so hard.

message 44: by Heather (new)

I liked that part too.
Jasmine, I'm not sure. it had to have been the 2nd or 3rd book in set that made up book 1. There was a vamp that everyone knew hated non-vamps and such so it was a shock that he fell for the girl. It's probably just another odd character and I'm associating the two even though they're different.

message 45: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments That was Ash. :) Also Quinn is kind of the same, but he appears later on in the series.

message 46: by Heather (new)

Thank you. I need to finish the series. I have the other books.

message 47: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I lovelovelovelove that series. I'm really annoyed that the last one is taking forever to come out. I think the date was pushed back twice. I feel bad for the people who read it when it first got published, and have been waiting since the late 1990's. O.o The release date is July, 2011 for now. It was SUPPOSED to come out this past June/July though. grr.

message 48: by Jasmine (last edited Sep 25, 2010 12:18PM) (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I've read that exact same line in a book. . .like word for word. I can't remember the book right now though.

message 49: by Heather (last edited Oct 13, 2010 09:01PM) (new)

S2E4?

message 50: by Carri (new)

Carri (carrifedor) | 145 comments That was last week when they were partying in the woods right?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7