Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Extras! > Book Crossing

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Traci (new)

Traci www.bookcrossing.com

I came across this site today when I found a book at a bus stop on campus. I think the concept is really neat but I'm not sure I have any books I'd be willing to give up.

Basically what you do is this: go to the website, register any books you want to "release", get a tracking number for them, and then send them off into the wild. Hopefully a caring soul will find it and log it into the site. Then sit back and watch where in the world your book goes to.

From looking at my city's released books, most of them are cheesy romance novels. I'd love to do this if I could get a giant group of people to do it as well. It's a book scavenger hunt!

Anyone else heard of this? What do you think?

message 2: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 20 comments I just released a copy of my new book "Solid" into the wild last week at the Maryland State Fair - I hope the person who picked it up actually follows through!

message 3: by Traci (new)

Traci See, that's where I think the concept is really cool, but I was looking at profiles from my area and it seems like a lot of books were released, but not many found. :( That's why I think I could only release books that I have no issue getting rid of. Sad, but true.

message 4: by Becca (new)

Becca | 1608 comments wow! It sounds so Serendipitous! like the movie. I love all of the books I buy way too much to just send them off and hope they make it.

Rachael (pagesofpiper) (piperbunny) I used the site in 2004/5 and I sent one book on and it ended up in Spain but stopped there... not much happens with it in my small town.