Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

The Capture (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #1)
This topic is about The Capture
Action/Adventure > Guardian of GaHoole

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kristen Harvey | 1046 comments I just recently read the first in the Guardians of Gahoole series called The Capture. I really really loved it and would definitely classify it under action/adventure. Are you guys excited to see the movie? Have any of you read the book yet?

Eden (tsalagi_writer) | 265 comments I read the first book a month, or two ago. I really loved it too and I'm trying to buy the rest of the books.

I'm excited for the movie and I'm hoping to go see it in the theater if I have the money.

Kristen Harvey | 1046 comments A lot of my 4th grade teachers are now talking about reading the book aloud and taking their class to see the movie, and I was thankful I had read this one before they asked me about it because I could truly say I thought it would be a great readaloud! :)

My husband actually asked me the other day if we were going to see "that owl movie" when it came out. And I was waiting for a jibe at my obsession with kids' movies and when I told him Of Course! he replied with "Good, because it looks awesome."

I knew I married him for a reason... :-D

message 4: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth Knight (zazaknittycat) | 390 comments Heather wrote: "My 9 year old son and I are currently reading The Capture together and LOVING it! We are getting close to the end. Only about 30 pages or so left. We sneak in every chance we get to re..."

I so need to read this with my 9 year old son!

message 5: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth Knight (zazaknittycat) | 390 comments I put the first book on hold at the library. I tried to get it yesterday but of course all the copies were out. If my son really likes it I will probably end up buying the whole series.

message 6: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth Knight (zazaknittycat) | 390 comments I can't wait to get it. I'm the next in line for it so I hope the person who has it now isn't late in returning it. I know my son wants to see the movie so we'll have to read the book before we see it.

message 7: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth Knight (zazaknittycat) | 390 comments Ooohhh, we're going to have to get reading. When does the movie come out? I saw the preview but I can't remember!

message 8: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth Knight (zazaknittycat) | 390 comments Yikes! I still don't have the first book.

message 9: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth Knight (zazaknittycat) | 390 comments I think I'm just going to buy it. I'm sure Jacob will love it so there's no reason why I should wait for the library copy! I'm too excited to read it myself to wait, lol!

message 10: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth Knight (zazaknittycat) | 390 comments I just bought the first one today at Borders and I was going to get the second one too but it was sold out :-( I showed Jacob the book when he got home from school and he's excited to start reading it.

Kristen Harvey | 1046 comments One of the borders near me had a buy 2 get the 3rd free deal on these books. I got some extras of the first one for school b/c I know once the movie hits every kid will want to read it.

message 12: by Beth (last edited Sep 20, 2010 08:29AM) (new) - added it

Beth Knight (zazaknittycat) | 390 comments Heather, Jacob told me this morning that as soon as we finish My Life as a Book by Janet Tashjian (which we've been reading for the last week or so) he wants to start The Capture.

Kristin, what a great deal on the books! I wasn't happy that my Borders didn't have the 2nd one. I think you're right about how every kid will probably want to read The Capture (and hopefully the entire series) once the movie comes out. The previews of make the movie look like it's going to be a good one.

message 13: by Eden (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eden (tsalagi_writer) | 265 comments I'm going to start reading the second book in the series after I finish some books I got from the library.

My boyfriend and I went to see the movie today and I thought it was very good. I'm definitely buying it on DVD when it comes out.