Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello,

Fall is coming.

School is here.

And books are on the shelf.

How are you?

(Yeah, I'm not so good with the poetry.)

message 2: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) i cant find the banned books thread so ill just post this here.

(a great post by sarah ockler about banning books and what it teaches to the children)
http://sarahockler.com/2010/09/10/wha...

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) | 300 comments I do so love fall! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I don't so much like any of the rest. I also wish I could watch the leaves change color, but alas, they just fall off the trees here if they fall off at all (yes, we have trees other than cactus).

Oh, and we will be going to Albania at the end of October and staying on through most of November. I WILL be returning to the US for Thanksgiving. I told Hubby I will NOT spend another Thanksgiving in Albania! :D

message 4: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) haha lol! why? because thanksgiving is not an european holiday?

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela B Not so good this month......my grandpa died on the 6th so I had to make an emergency trip home. I miss him already

message 6: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Hoffman | 12 comments Angela wrote: "Not so good this month......my grandpa died on the 6th so I had to make an emergency trip home. I miss him already"

so sorry for your loss angela. remember the good times with him!

message 7: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) Angela wrote: "Not so good this month......my grandpa died on the 6th so I had to make an emergency trip home. I miss him already"

oh my god angela!!you must be soo bad!!i cried so hard when mine died, but debbies is right, remember the good times

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela B Thanks guys I appreciate that :) It's been a hard week but I head back to Florida tomorrow and back to real life.

message 9: by Jen (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) | 300 comments Angela wrote: "Not so good this month......my grandpa died on the 6th so I had to make an emergency trip home. I miss him already"

Angela I'm so sorry!! I had a hard time when my grandpa died too. It gets better and I always love talking about him. Grandpas are the best!

message 10: by Jen (last edited Sep 10, 2010 09:26PM) (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) | 300 comments Stray wrote: "haha lol! why? because thanksgiving is not an european holiday?"

Well, of course its not silly, it's the pilgrims coming to America and such I thought. Maybe I should review my Thanksgiving history... I really don't know now that I'm thinking of it.

But, besides that Albanians don't celebrate ANYTHING and what it really comes down to and this is where you should take note....

THEIR FOOD BITES THE BIG ONE!! :D

message 11: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) But, besides that Albanians don't celebrate ANYTHING and what it really comes down to and this is where you should take note....

THEIR FOOD BITES THE BIG ONE!! :D

*laughs*

message 12: by Andrez (new)

Andrez (andrez-ssi) I just made a poll on my blog. it's just under where followers are
booksarelikepeople.blogspot.com

message 13: by SandraHazel (new)

SandraHazel (ahyiena12) wow, my summer went down fast. i love fall my fav. season? im so not looking forward in winter though

message 14: by Angela (new)

Angela B Jen wrote: "Angela wrote: "Not so good this month......my grandpa died on the 6th so I had to make an emergency trip home. I miss him already"

Angela I'm so sorry!! I had a hard time when my grandpa died too..."

They are aren't they! Thanks and I know it'll get easy just trying to move forward at this point

message 15: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ angela, i am so sorry for your loss. i hope you are coping with it and remembering good times and can find solace in those memories.

jen, have a great time in albania. sounds exciting.

i'm just trying to get excited about teaching after a two month vacation. it's hard to get back into the groove of things.

message 16: by Angela (new)

Angela B good luck getting back into it Elizabeth! and thank you I'm working on it, not doing too bad.

message 17: by Jen (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) | 300 comments Thanks Elizabeth! I'm excited for the break but nervous to go. In the past it hasn't been so good. Maybe it will be better now. :D

message 18: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ jen, just try to stay positive. think of your girls and how exciting the experience will be for them, right?

message 19: by Jen (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) | 300 comments Right! My oldest has been there but the youngest hasn't (outside of my belly that is *i was pregnant*). Plus, it's good for the language skills and most of the in laws don't have green cards so it is the only way to see them. It's what I keep reminding myself of. :D

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Angela, I'm sorry that he past on. Remember all of the good things. I never had a grandpa. Well, my mom's dad died when I was one and my dad's dad left my grandma when my dad was 6. Too bad. I hear they tell good stories :)

Fall oh my, I already have a cold! Dang! But I can't wait for the trees to start turning and I already had my first pumpkin pie. SO, yummy.

I don't do Thanksgiving. Ah, they slaughtered indians on that day. But we do have family come over and talk about what a joke it is for people to celebrating that fact. As we sit there and eat too. Hmmm... We are odd.

Albania will be a blast. I'm so already in the suitcase waiting to go! It should be a fun for those girls. *and sneak away with some knitting tricks for me :)*