Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Bookmark Swap > Bookmark Swap #8 - open on Oct. 22nd!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Angela Sunshine (last edited Sep 26, 2010 10:32AM) (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) I'm going to switch up the dates a bit from here on out to (hopefully!) make them easier to remember.

Signups for this and all future rounds will close on the 1st of the month. We will ship by the 15th and open on the 22nd. Rinse and repeat!
I know that they ship by date will sometimes land on a Sunday, so in that instance the rule will be to ship by the day before.

This is a free for all round, so you can choose any YA book you would like this time.

Important dates:

Oct. 1st - signups close
Oct. 15th - ship by date
Oct. 22nd - open date and next round's signups begin
Nov. 1st - next round's signups close

Got it? Any questions?

Ok then, sign up here for round #8!

Heather
Michelle
Becky
Amy
Misty
Donna
Angela
Diana
Madeline
Caroline

message 2: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 74 comments oOOoOooOoh! FREE FOR ALL!

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) I think I'm going to sit out this round... let the creative juices regenerate! :P

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) I hear ya Becky!

I keep signing up and then wussing out, the talent level is too high now... I'm intimidated! lol...

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather Bree (blackdotbug) I'm in! I love the free for all rounds!

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Yay!

message 7: by Katelin (new)

Katelin | 3 comments I'm in too! Looks like fun!

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mkirias) | 59 comments Im in :)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Katelin wrote: "I'm in too! Looks like fun!"

Katelin, I didn't post the "full" rules here, but since you're new to the swap I just wanted to make sure you knew that you are responsible for making or buying a bookmark based on any YA book, and then shipping it to whomever your secret swap partner is at your own expense.

It's easy and fun! I'm glad you joined in :)

message 10: by Katelin (new)

Katelin | 3 comments Thanks! Sounds good!

message 11: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Angela... I think I do want to join this round after all. :D

message 12: by Amy (new)

Amy Count me in! I love the free for alls!

message 13: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Tanja wrote: "oOOoOooOoh! FREE FOR ALL!"

Does this mean you are in? I want to be sure! :)

message 14: by Misty (new)

Misty | 1505 comments I really had intended to sit this one out, but I'm a sucker. I'm in.
;p

message 15: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) | 1332 comments I was gonna sit out too but I'd rather not. I like surprises!!! I am in!

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy These are very addictive!

message 17: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) | 1332 comments My birthday is the 25th So wahoo!!!

message 18: by Diana (new)

Diana Carrizo (dianasaurousrex) | 85 comments Im In! =) Time to step up my game!

message 19: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 89 comments Wow this looks fun, and creative! I'll sign up! :)

message 20: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Madeline wrote: "Wow this looks fun, and creative! I'll sign up! :)"

It is fun! We post pics from each round, so you can check out our older rounds to see some.

message 21: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 89 comments Oooh I'll give them a look!

message 22: by Katelin (new)

Katelin | 3 comments I'm going to have to pull out of this month's swap. Life is just a little bit too crazy right now, though I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Caroline Havenhand | 88 comments Go on - I'm in!!
I love these things too much :)

message 24: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Katelin wrote: "I'm going to have to pull out of this month's swap. Life is just a little bit too crazy right now, though I can't wait to see what you guys come up with."

No prob! We're doing one a month, so you can jump in again anytime.

message 25: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 89 comments The past bookmarks are beautiful! Now I'm excited to start! :)

message 26: by Amy (new)

Amy Welcome to the challenge Madeline!

message 27: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) I'll pass out names in the morning for round 8. Madeline, please message me your address so I can give it to your secret swap person. Thanks!

We will be shipping on the 15th!

message 28: by Amy (new)

Amy I guess I need to get moving on a book idea. Hmm....

message 29: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mkirias) | 59 comments I have an idea and all the materials now just to put it together, lol!

message 30: by Amy (new)

Amy Well you're way ahead of me then Michelle! LOL!

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mkirias) | 59 comments Well thats refreshing I was afraid I'd be one of the few who didn't start!

message 32: by Amy (new)

Amy No many times I've ended up doing my bookmark two or three days before the due date (a couple of times the night before). I think I work better under pressure.

message 33: by Heather (new)

Heather Bree (blackdotbug) I agree, Amy. But I start thinking about it as soon as I get my person's name. I think and think and look at my supplies and think some more. Then a couple days before it's due to mail and sit down and do it.

message 34: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mkirias) | 59 comments Heather wrote: "I agree, Amy. But I start thinking about it as soon as I get my person's name. I think and think and look at my supplies and think some more. Then a couple days before it's due to mail and sit down..."

I try that, but I often get people that are set to private. And if I add them then they know, lol!

message 35: by Amy (new)

Amy I never really thought about looking at other people's bookshelves. I usually try and think of a book that I've recently read and really enjoyed. Might have to take a gander at my person's shelf.

message 36: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 89 comments I sent my address! Sorry about the delay, I was on vacation and forgot to send it in advance.

message 37: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) | 1332 comments Mine is already made. Now I gotta send it out but I don't want it to get there too early!

message 38: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Mine is *almost* finished and I am very excited about it. Don't forget that we ship by this Friday!

Caroline Havenhand | 88 comments I've got all of the components, and plan to put it together on Monday night =]

message 40: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Ooh I am such a slacker... I haven't done anything on mine. I haven't even decided on a book! SHAME!

message 41: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 89 comments Hmm I've started mine, but I feel like my skills aren't flowing today, hopefully tomorrow will be better!

message 42: by Amy (new)

Amy OMG, just realized Friday is the 15th. I have a book but have done just about nothing on my mark. Guess I gotta get moving.

message 43: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) I am so proud, mine is all ready to go... EARLY even! I always end up mailing on the last day!

message 44: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) I started mine last night and I think it is coming along nicely. Hopefully my recipient will like it! :)

message 45: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Shipping day is tomorrow! I'm so excited for my person to get hers! 

message 46: by Amy (new)

Amy I'm so sorry to my buddy. I won't be able to get my bookmark out until tomorrow. It's been a crazy week (tons of grad school stuff, regular work, and personal issues). I realized as I was laying in bed at 11pm that we had to mail and I haven't finished it yet. So it'll be the in the mail tomorrow.

message 47: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Amy don't feel bad, I'm probably in the same boat. I seem to be destined to try and fail at 3 attempts before I get something that works (or seems to), and so I am still working on mine. Though I started really late and it took much longer than I thought it would. Which is a lame excuse but still. There it is. I'm about 90% done, and I HOPE that I will be able to get it out today, but might not. In which case it will definitely go out tomorrow, even if I have to scrap it and buy something! LOL

message 48: by Donna (new)

Donna (dfiggz) | 1332 comments SENT!

message 49: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mkirias) | 59 comments I'll be sending mine tomorrow as well- was pretty ill and didn't get back to my house (my mom is a blessing she came to get me because it was so bad!) till today.

message 50: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) 95% done now... Just have to finish tie it all together, but this will be the challenge and make or break time... *bites nails*

« previous 1 3