Challenge: 50 Books discussion

2010 > Lindsey's LATE 50 Books A Year

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 23, 2010 07:43AM) (new)

1) The Secret Life of Bees
2) E is for Evidence
3) A Crime So Monstrous
4) The Hunger Games
5) Catching Fire
6) UR by Stephen King (Kindle only release) (oops, wrong book)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it would be easier for me to finish, if I weren't trying to read both War and Peace AND the Complete Sherlock Holmes.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

7) F is for Fugitive (Kinsey Millhone, #6) by Sue Grafton by Sue Grafton
working on: 8) The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux by Gaston Leroux

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

9) Princess Academy by Shannon Hale by Shannon Hale

A YA title, appropriate for younger grades. I re-read this because I was trying to explain it to someone at school and couldn't remember what happened. I love the story, and it sets a good model for young women.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

10) The One-Stop Guide to Implementing RTI: Academic and Behavioral Interventions, K-12 by Maryln Applebaum

Read for a class I'm taking. I'd actually read it before I started my new job.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

11) On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony

Finished Phantom of the Opera. It was torture, but I can't really say why I couldn't get into it. I have maybe 3 books started right now AND another read for book club.
At this point I'm doubtful I'm going to crack 20, but I started late and plan on starting over in the new year.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

12) Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins by Suzanne Collins

I was really worried because I'd heard mixed review about this finale, AND I had read a spoiler on my email about who Katniss finally ends up with.
I have to say that yes, parts of it fell flat. Especially at the end. However, it was still a remarkable book and a remarkable series. I have been telling everyone to read this.

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 13, 2010 01:14PM) (new)

13) American Gods by Neil Gaiman

I liked it, but it took me a long time to really really get into it.

14) Enhancing RTI: How to Ensure Success with Effective Classroom Instruction and Intervention

For work as a part of a class I'm taking. I really liked it, but I wish there were more real ideas and strategies I could use. And it didn't apply to me specifically.

15) Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's by John Elder Robison

Loved it! I've read other books about Aspergers/Autism that I liked more, but this was highly entertaining.

16) The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror By Christopher Moore.

This is the 4th Moore book that I've read, and the 3rd one that has been a book club book. This was my favorite of all of them, and I thought it was the funniest.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Working on:
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger by Audrey Neffinger

The Complete Sherlock Holmes All 4 Novels & 56 Short Stories by Arthur Conan Doyle

Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon

For Book Club:
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

17) The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger Time Traveler's Wife

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok, totally not going to finish this year. Is there a folder to move our 2010 lists to, so we can start our 2011 lists. I'm still working on Cutting for Stone AND The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest.