Joseph Beth Sci-Fi Book Group discussion

Book Chatter > The best sci-fi/fantasy book I ever read was...

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacey Jo (new)

Stacey Jo (st1ac2ey3) | 214 comments Mod
favorites?

message 2: by Twila (new)

Twila (tbrooksesquire) | 16 comments The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

message 3: by Aprile (new)

Aprile agree-- I hate to pick favorites but this is the book I wish I'd written. I love so many though.

message 4: by Stacey Jo (new)

I'd love for us yo read the sequel one month since we've all read the first one (hint, hint) LOL!

message 5: by Twila (new)

Twila (tbrooksesquire) | 16 comments I am almost done with the sequel and I think it may be better then the first one.

message 6: by Daniel (last edited Dec 06, 2011 04:48PM) (new)

Daniel | 85 comments I like the sequel. I am real interested to see how the Kvothe of the story turns into the adult man of the present day.

message 7: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 85 comments oh by the way the sequel to steel remains is out. hardback only for now unfortunately. the summary on the dust jacket sounds really cool. The Cold Commands by Richard Morgan.

message 8: by Stacey Jo (new)

Daniel wrote: "oh by the way the sequel to steel remains is out. hardback only for now unfortunately. the summary on the dust jacket sounds really cool. The Cold Commands by Richard Morgan."

Ah! Another one we could read since we all read the first one.

message 9: by Twila (new)

Twila (tbrooksesquire) | 16 comments I have The Cold Commands. It is on my list to read; it looks so good but there are only so many hours in the day. I am currently reading Aloha from Hell (the third Sandman Slim book) and it is so good; much better then the 2nd one.

message 10: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 85 comments Ok I totally wasn't sure about the next sandman. After the last one I was not sure if I should try it.

message 11: by Twila (new)

Twila (tbrooksesquire) | 16 comments Daniel, I had the same feeling but this one seems much more enjoyable to me and I am about a 1/4 of the way done and it is going so fast. Give it another try on this one.