Karen Chance Fans discussion

The Characters > Tomas

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Enjee, Founder (last edited Jul 02, 2011 04:33AM) (new)

Enjee | 1194 comments Mod
This is Jacob Neely. I think he makes a good Tomas:

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l...

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Loss (supersteffy) | 136 comments I can see that...but he needs longer hair.

message 3: by Enjee, Founder (new)

Last we heard, he cut it (in the short story "Day of the Dead").

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Loss (supersteffy) | 136 comments Ah, right...I'd forgetten about that.

message 5: by Josie (new)

Josie | 643 comments Whoa... that guy is ripped..

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 1164 comments Nice pic....pretty much what I had in mind when I read the book.

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments drool*

message 8: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments The photographer, Tomas Synnamon, guy makes really good man on man pictures. I'm not digging this dude though. He looks kinda.. dumb. And he doesn't look latino/indian enough.
*goes off to search a Tomas*

message 9: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) For some reason male models almost never do it for me. I like man candy as much as the next girl/guy, but they're almost never sexy. They're in these ridiculous overly feminine poses and there's such a thing as too much flesh. I love a pretty face though. Like the close ups of Anders Houmann are awesome. But I also like the shirtless ones and stuff. Maybe I only hot guys who I have some kind of attachment to. Which would make sense given my Jensen Ackles/Jared Paladecki obsession.

message 10: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments I was the same Maeve. Until I saw David Gandy. Now... that's a manly man!
I still do like pics with clothes on more than pics with clothes off. David Gandy is my perfect Karl Marsten (Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series):

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now: is he sexy or is he sexy?

message 11: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments In this picture he gives off a Vishous vibe:

Photobucket

message 12: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) That's a hard (heeheehee, hard) choice, but I'll have to go with sexy. :D

message 13: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Raooowrr...

message 14: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) Although Vishous was not my favourite character. Didn't really like him.

message 15: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments *gasp* Not even after you read his past in the warrior camp? And the vibe with Butch?
Oh no I liked V. But 'Doc Jane' really got on my nerves after a while. We get it: she's smart.

message 16: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments This is my Tomas after he cut his hair short:

message 17: by Marissa (last edited Sep 18, 2010 04:49PM) (new)

Marissa (millionmph) | 74 comments Mel wrote: "*gasp* Not even after you read his past in the warrior camp? And the vibe with Butch?
Oh no I liked V. But 'Doc Jane' really got on my nerves after a while. We get it: she's smart."

V was my favorite. Him and Butch could have steamed up a book all by themselves and I would have been in heaven.
I love the getting out of the car pic and the black and white under it. Yummy. Now I remember why I love character photo hunts.

message 18: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Rowr. The out of the car thing is really Karl Marsten. He is a jewelry thief you know, he needs his gloves :)

message 19: by Enjee, Founder (new)

How about this guy for Tomas? long hair, looks sort of Incan...

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/...

He looks sort of slight in his other pictures, and I could not remember if Tomas was suppossed to be ripped.

message 20: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments No too pretty he looks like this guy off of Stargate http://www.imdb.com/media/rm324184012...

message 21: by Enjee, Founder (new)

How about Brandon DeAnda for Tomas?

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/...

message 22: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments not bad

message 23: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) That last guy's okay, but I was getting a distinct Jacob vibe off the other 2.

message 24: by Enjee, Founder (new)

How about this guy for Tomas? I don't have his name...I copied the photo from another thread and had to crop it, since his very pretty dick was showing.

Tomas

message 25: by Enjee, Founder (new)

What the hell is Gandy as Karl Marsten or Vishous doing in the Tomas thread?

message 26: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) He is Tomas *ahem* He's just multi-tasking!!!

message 27: by Enjee, Founder (new)

A very talented man...

message 28: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments LOL Enjee, you didn't need to cut anything in my account.
And sorry about Gandy but I didn't think you gals would mind some more eye candy;)

message 29: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 70 comments Enjee wrote: "How about this guy for Tomas? I don't have his name...I copied the photo from another thread and had to crop it, since his very pretty dick was showing.

"

That's pretty darn similar to my imagining.

message 30: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) I wasn't really looking at him, but now that I do, whoa. He's actually almost perfect. Me likeeeee.

message 31: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Enjee what is his name? That is pretty close, but I picture Tomas a little bit darker skin. But very close to what I thought he looks like, maybe higher cheekbones.

message 32: by Enjee, Founder (new)

Regina wrote: "Enjee what is his name? That is pretty close, but I picture Tomas a little bit darker skin. But very close to what I thought he looks like, maybe higher cheekbones."

I don't know his name...I wish I did. I saw this photo in another "private" group and copied it. I had to crop it since his "parts" were showing. His name was not mentioned.

message 33: by Regina (last edited Feb 08, 2011 03:05PM) (new)

Regina (reginar) You had to crop it. :( But thanks for respodning! I just wanted to see more of him. :)

I just finished book #2 last night so I am in a very Tomas friendly mood! I am only up to book 2 and I know most people seem to prefer Pritkin, but right now Tomas is my favorite.

message 34: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Aaaah Enjee, can't you show us the uncropped version? ;)

message 35: by Kayl (new)

Kayl (k4yl) | 51 comments I definately rooted for Tomas in the beginning of touch the dark... enter Pritkin = Tomas completely forgotten. I do find Tomas hotter than Mircea in my minds eye though =D

message 36: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Davie (kathydavie) | 457 comments Mel wrote: "I was the same Maeve. Until I saw David Gandy. Now... that's a manly man!
I still do like pics with clothes on more than pics with clothes off. David Gandy is my perfect Karl Marsten (Kelley Armst..."

He's sexy but too young for the older Karl...

message 37: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Davie (kathydavie) | 457 comments The Flooze (Michelle M.) wrote: "Enjee wrote: "How about this guy for Tomas? I don't have his name...I copied the photo from another thread and had to crop it, since his very pretty dick was showing.

"

That's pretty darn sim..."

No...no croppping..!

message 38: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Davie (kathydavie) | 457 comments Enjee wrote: "How about Brandon DeAnda for Tomas?

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/..."

OK, this one works for me...and he can anytime...

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 1164 comments Tomas has divided loyalties.

message 40: by Mel (last edited Apr 14, 2011 12:00AM) (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Kathy wrote: "He's sexy but too young for the older Karl..."

That's it though: Karl doesn't look his 50 years. I believe he looked in his thirties. The more rugged pics of Gandy make him look exactly that.

message 41: by Ayalla (new)

Ayalla | 23 comments I might have missed something, but what the hell happend to Tomas?
Cassie left him with the dark-fey king as part of her bargain. And she never fullfilled that bargain (getting him the lost merlin codex). So why should he be safe with the king now? And he wasn't mentioned anymore in HtM. Why did Cassie totally forget him? Having sex, saying good buy and starting to date Mircea?

message 42: by Mai (new)

Mai (maisydaisy) So far he doesn't know she's broken the deal. Also, I may be imagining this but I thought she mentioned Tomas. Something about worrying about a friend at the Dark Fey court right after Pritkin comes back from Faerie.

message 43: by Ayalla (new)

Ayalla | 23 comments Maeve wrote: "So far he doesn't know she's broken the deal. Also, I may be imagining this but I thought she mentioned Tomas. Something about worrying about a friend at the Dark Fey court right after Pritkin come..."

He should know it? The pixie with the fertility rune did go back to fearie? And we know that the time difference between faerie and the human world isn't that big, we get that information from the last Dorina book.

message 44: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Ayalla, we do hear more about Tomas in The Day of the Dead. But nothing so far in the Cassie books.

message 45: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Davie (kathydavie) | 457 comments Am I remembering wrong but didn't Dory hunt down the Merlin Codex?

message 46: by Ayalla (new)

Ayalla | 23 comments Kathy wrote: "Am I remembering wrong but didn't Dory hunt down the Merlin Codex?"

Mh no. The whole story around Pritkin being Merlin and so on was with Cassie. Dorina hunted Vlad and the story around the council and JC, no Codex.
Or did I understand you wrong?

message 47: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (risanp) Right, the Codex issue came about when Cassie was in fairy and negotiating with the Dark Fae king (or something), she promised to bring him the Merlin Codex in exchange for taking care of Tomas. Dorina hasn't had any dealing with Pritkin, and doesn't know much about the fae other than the ones that had been trying to kill her.

message 48: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Davie (kathydavie) | 457 comments Why am I remembering a field (corn??) and being at Mircea's brother's house with a Merlin Codex and good-guy fae coming to the rescue? Am I in the wrong series....

message 49: by Gypsi Babii (new)

Gypsi Babii  (gypsibabii) | 114 comments Ok I am reading the series again... I am loving tomas even more this time around... He is cool, sexy and really cares about Cassie.. I just have one question through out the book she talks about his hip length black her so why is every pic I see he has short hair... or am I mistaking and it stated shoulder length.

message 50: by Claire (new)

Claire (claire1) | 4451 comments I'm pretty sure that Tomas' hair isn't that long

« previous 1