Banned Books discussion

GENERAL BOOK DISCUSSIONS > Banned Books Week Event

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Boisture | 8 comments Hi - I hope it's OK that I'm posting here. I've been a member of this group a long time, but I don't post very frequently. (I don't get on Goodreads nearly as often as I'd like!)

I write a blog where I'm re-reading books from my adolescence and reviewing them from my now-adult perspective. Every year on Banned Books Week, I try to read a challenged author.

This year, I'm hosting a Banned Books Week event for bloggers. I'm asking bloggers (whether book blog or not) to read a book from the ALA's list of most challenged books in the last decade and write a post about the book, what it means, why it's been challenged and how we'd lose out if the book was banned.

If anyone here is interested, please check out my BBW post and email me if you want to participate.

Thanks in advance!

http://whatireadbackthen.blogspot.com...

message 2: by Satia (new)

Satia I think this is a great idea. Unfortunately, my computer is blocking your site, saying it detects malware on it so I can't see the full information. But I have the list and am willing to participate. Would you share your email here for those of us who have temperamental computers and can't read the post to find your email that way?

message 3: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Boisture | 8 comments You're the second person to point out the malware. When I can get to my computer (I'm on my phone now) I know exactly which link is affected and I'll delete it.

My email is nhboisture (at)gmail(dot)com.

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine (christinesey) I sent you an email :) I would love to participate

message 5: by Kelly H. (Maybedog), Big Kahuna, Ministry of Illicit Reading (new)

Kelly H. (Maybedog) (maybedog) | 623 comments Mod
What a great idea Nikki! Will you keep us posted on what kind of response you get?

And it's always okay to post here.