Q&A with Joyce Maynard discussion

magazine article

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Betsy (new)

Betsy Quillin | 1 comments Joyce, I just read about your two daughters in More magazine. You are an incredible woman and an amazing writer. I plan to read more of your books this fall.

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy | 1 comments I too read the More article about your decision to adopt 2 girls which seems both brave, loving & generous. I "met" you at a reading in Davis, Ca long long ago at a bookstore named Bogey's which sadly is now gone. I also grew up in Marin & still have family there so feel a kindred spirit with all things & persons related to Marin Co. Thanks for taking the time to do such a discussion. I find them hugely helpful to booklovers & wordsmiths everywhere.

message 3: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Maynard | 21 comments Mod
hello betsy

i'm happy to hear you'll be tracking down my books. plenty to choose from! by all means let me know what you read and how you liked it.

J
Betsy wrote: "Joyce, I just read about your two daughters in More magazine. You are an incredible woman and an amazing writer. I plan to read more of your books this fall."

dear susy

good hearing from you. i remember bogey's so well. (actually, the owner , mark, took care of my boston terrier for six months once, years ago, when i went off to guatemala to write my novel, The Usual Rules. that book is set in davis, in fact.

i'll hope we cross paths at a reading again one of these days

joyce