Jodi Picoult Books Reading Group. discussion

Questions/Observations > Songs of the Humpback Whale

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganjc83) | 9 comments For those of you have read Songs of a Humpback Whale, what do you think of it? I had started it in the past but couldn't get past the first few chapters. It just didn't keep me interested. Just wondering what anyone else thought of it. I am trying to read all of her books and if others liked it, I will give it a second chance.

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganjc83) | 9 comments Well, I might give it a try at some point, since I do want to read all of her books (it's a goal of mine.) It was JP's first book so maybe that is why is differs so much from the others. I found it hard to follow too.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganjc83) | 9 comments I haven't read Change of Heart yet. I have been mixing in some Kristin Hannah books in between the JP books. My favorite JP book so far is probably Salem Falls or Plain Truth.

message 4: by Sherri (last edited Sep 08, 2010 01:27PM) (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) | 6 comments I read it and I really liked it...but I cheated. I had read reviews before I read it of people saying they did not like the book b/c Rebecca told her story in reverse...so to solve that probelem so I could thoroughly enjoy the book I skipped her chapters in the beginning of the book and read her story from the back of the book to the front. That way everything made sense as far as the story line went and it was a very good story!!!!!

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganjc83) | 9 comments I figured that the story is probably good, it was just so hard to follow. I'm pretty sure at some point I will give it another shot. It doesn't help when I have other books that I really want to read that distract me from reading this one. I guess once I have all of the other JP books read, I will have more desire to read this one.

message 6: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne Karpuk | 2 comments I have to say it was NOT one of my favorites by her. But I had to read it all to give it a fair shot.

message 7: by Kaz (last edited Feb 12, 2013 10:36PM) (new)

Kaz (imuzak12) I finished this book. It was okay, not like unbearable. The relationship of Sam and Jane developed very quick, and Jane was so careless, or even selfish. I see that JP wanted to contrast the "love" between Sam & Jane and Oliver & Jane as different types of love. I am not sure if I was convinced enough though.

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Anmol (new)

Anmol | 15 comments I stopped reading the book after a few pages because it was not as great as I expected it to be. Even though this is JP's first book, I expected more. I will see if I want to continue reading.