Amazon Kindle discussion

Just Bragging...dropped my Kindle

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberbounds) | 23 comments Okay, I just have to brag on Amazon.com. I received my Kindle3 last week and LOVE it, but that's not what I want to brag about. Yesterday, I was walking across the parking lot and dropped my new Kindle (sniff, sniff) on the asphalt. There are a couple of scratches on the corners and a dot a little bit bigger than the point of a pen on the center of my screen where it looks perhaps cracked. Anyway, its a little black dot. When I walked in I called Customer Service at Amazon just to see what it would cost to get the screen fixed maybe. I just thought if it wasn't too outrageous I'd send it in. I could live with the little black dot, but it just hurt my little feelings since its so new. How about I got my NEW Kindle free of charge, no shipping at lunch today. Um, how awesome is Amazon?! I don't even have to pay shipping to send my old one back to them, AND I get to keep my power cord, so now I'll have an extra. Love you Amazon!!!!

message 2: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Lane (jaxlane) | 17 comments Amber, I have had nothing but good dealing with Amazon when it come to my Kindle. They have been awesome.

message 3: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) The same thing happened to me. I stepped on mine (had it for 4 months) and Amazon sent me a new one with a new power cord so I had two!!! I love Amazon. So glad they are doing this across the board.

message 4: by Abigail (new)

Abigail L. Taylor (abigailrives) Did you have a warranty?

message 5: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) The warranty is not an amazon product. But this was from amazon not through the warranty.

message 6: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 542 comments My Kindle1 dropped out of my purse onto a hospital floor. They charged me for a refurb, but then gave me full original price credit when I returned my poor, broken Kindle.

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberbounds) | 23 comments Abigail - The Kindle comes with a 1 year limited warranty. I didn't read it or anything before I called. I know you can purchase a 2 year extended warranty for (I think) like $49.99. ( I may need to make that purchase, lol)

message 8: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Esquare Trade also sells an extended warranty for a competitive price. My understanding for the extended warranty is that it is a product that Amazon sells but the product does not originate from amazon.

message 9: by K. (new)

K.  (eowyn1075) | 35 comments Do you mean SquareTrade.com?

They have a 2 year warranty for $37.99 for the Kindle 3G+wifi and $29.99 for the Kindle wifi. Covers damage from drops, spills and any other handling mishaps. That's what I'm going with for my son's Kindle!

message 10: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Yup, sorry! I have used it to insured my iPhone as well.

message 11: by K. (new)

K.  (eowyn1075) | 35 comments Me too (iPhone 4 warranty)! Considering how much these gadgets are, any accident-prone person like me needs them!

message 12: by Elena (new)

Elena I have dropped mine 3 times and luckily nothing has happened to it.

Yesterday, all of a sudden, as little black mark as big a the top of a pin, showed on my screen. It is very annoying. Has anybody experience anything like that? I may call customer service. I bought my K2 more than a year ago with no extended warranty. Let's see what they say.