Dementia - Reading Challenges discussion

Title Challenges > Read Your Pets

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Heather (last edited Jan 28, 2011 01:32PM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 532 comments Mod
Read the names of ALL of your pets. If you've named your fish then they're included.
Feel free to include a photo of them if you'd like. You can use the first letter of any word in the title (except for the, an, a) or the first letter of the authors first or last name.

Want to make it harder? Stick to the first letter of the title.

message 2: by Heather (last edited Dec 28, 2011 10:31AM) (new)

I'm so screwed.
Completed 48 of 48.

1)

N - Night Embrace by Sherrilyn Kenyon 9/13 ★★★1/2
A - Again The Magic by Lisa Kleypas 3/5 ★★★★
P - Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione 11/27 ★★★
O - The Outlaw Demon Wails by Kim Harrison 1/27 ★★★★
L - Lord of the Fading Lands C.L. Wilson 11/29 ★★★
E - Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine 10/25 ★★★
O - Outside In by Maria V. Snyder 1/20 ★★★★
N - Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon 9/27 ★★★★

Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Again The Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5) by Lisa Kleypas Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, #6) by Kim HarrisonLord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine Outside In (Insider, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Night Play (Dark-Hunter, #5; Were-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

2)

J - Jinx by Jennifer Estep 1/25 ★★
O - Only With Your Love by Lisa Kleypas 3/14 ★★
S - Soulless by Gail Carriger 9/26 ★★★★
E - The Ex Games by Jennifer Echols 1/6 ★★★
P - Paranormalcy by Kiersten White 12/9 ★★★
H - Hunted By The Others by Jess Haines 11/19 ★★★
I - The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa 1/24 ★★★★
N - Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper 12/1 ★★★
E - Edge Of The Moon by Rebecca York 1/4 ★★★

Jinx (Bigtime, #3) by Jennifer Estep Only With Your Love by Lisa Kleypas Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger The Ex Games (Simon Romantic Comedies) by Jennifer Echols Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Hunted By The Others (H&W Investigations, #1) by Jess Haines The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper Edge of the Moon (Moon, #2) by Rebecca York

3)

C - Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick 11/22 ★★★★
R - Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles 11/21 ★★★★
I - It Happened One Autumn by Lisa Kleypas 2/19 ★★★★
T - Three Days to Dead by Kelly Meding 10/14 ★★★
T - Tapestry by Lynn Kurland 10/22 ★★★★
E - Entice by Carrie Jones 1/30 ★★★
R - Reunion by Meg Cabot 1/8 ★★

Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick Return to Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #2) by Simone Elkeles It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Three Days to Dead (Dreg City, #1) by Kelly Meding Tapestry (Includes Dark-Hunter, #1.5; Were-Hunter, #0; Highlander, #8) by Lynn Kurland Entice (Need, #3) by Carrie Jones Reunion (The Mediator, #3) by Meg Cabot

4)

D - Dance With The Devil by Sherrilyn Kenyon 9/14 ★★★★
O - Outlander by Diana Gabaldon 3/9 ★★★
L - Lady of Light and Shadows by C.L. Wilson 12/13 ★★★★
C - Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas 3/5 ★★
E - Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin 4/7 ★★1/2

Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2) by C.L. Wilson Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (Friday Harbor, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin

5)

I - Immortal in Death by J.D. Robb 2/8 ★★★★
T - Troublemaker Book 1: Alex Barnaby Series 3 by Alex Evanovich ★★
A - Awakened by P.C. Cast 2/16 ★★★
L - Love in the Afternoon by Lisa Kleypas 2/28 ★★★★
I - I'm In No Mood For Love by Rachel Gibson 12/15 ★★★★
C - California Demon: The Secret Life of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom by Julie Kenner 11/23 ★★★
S - Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson 10/6 ★★★★★

Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) by J.D. Robb Troublemaker Book 1 (A Barnaby and Hooker Graphic Novel #3) by Janet Evanovich Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5) by Lisa Kleypas I'm In No Mood For Love (Writer Friends, #2) by Rachel Gibson California Demon The Secret Life of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom (Kate Connor - Demon Hunter, #2) by Julie Kenner Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

6)

H - Haunting Jordan by P.J. Alderman 11/27 ★★★
A - The Abduction of Julia by Karen Hawkins 8/14 ★★
W - Who Wants To Be a Sex Goddess by Gemma Bruce 9/12 ★★1/2
K - Kiss of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon 9/15 ★★★1/2
E - Enchanted, Inc. by Shanna Swendson 10/20 ★★★
Y - You Dropped a Blonde on Me by Dakota Cassidy 11/20 ★★
E - Everything and the Moon by Julia Quinn 07/11 ★★

Haunting Jordan (A Port Chatham Mystery #1) by P.J. Alderman The Abduction of Julia (Rogues, #1) by Karen Hawkins Who Wants To Be a Sex Goddess by Gemma Bruce Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Enchanted, Inc. (Enchanted, Inc. #1) by Shanna Swendson You Dropped a Blonde on Me (Ex Trophy Wives #1) by Dakota Cassidy Everything and the Moon (The Lyndon Sisters, #1) by Julia Quinn

7)

S - Spy Glass by Maria V. Snyder 10/11 ★★★★
A - The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper 10/29 ★★★
D - Demon Hunts by C.E. Murphy 3/11 ★★★★
I - It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips 8/7 ★★★★
E - Elphame's Choice by P.C. Cast 7/24 ★★★

Spy Glass (Glass, #3) by Maria V. Snyder The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #2) by Molly Harper Demon Hunts (Walker Papers, #5) by C.E. Murphy It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1) by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsElphame's Choice by P.C. Cast

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Heather wrote: "I'm so screwed."

Seems like it, Heather. Good luck though :)

message 4: by Heather (new)

=)

message 5: by Angela (last edited Sep 10, 2010 10:24AM) (new)

Angela B They are all so cute, can I borrow Sadie to play with my puppy???

0 of 7 completed

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

D-
R-
M-
A-
M-
B-
O-

There are other animals that live at my house but I don't consider them my pets but if I finish this and get bored maybe I'll do them too!

message 6: by Heather (new)

I would say yes, but she doesn't like other dogs. Napoleon and Josephine are the dog lovers. Sadie likes people. She wants to be pet for 23 hours of the day and gets in your face if you don't. Napoleon is my baby. He's the perfect dog. Minus the crooked legs. He stays by me at all times because I'm the alpha. He's calm, cute, and snuggly. He'll play with you, but he's just as happy laying at your feet. He and his sister stopped at 40lbs so they're not full on retrievers.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) omg! ur dogs r sooo cute heather!

message 8: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Def! They're gorgeous! Good luck, everyone! :D

message 9: by Heather (new)

If you don't currently have a pet you can use an old one or a pet that you know, but don't own.

message 10: by Starzee (last edited Nov 21, 2011 06:41PM) (new)

Starzee | 106 comments LOL wow okie lets see how many books this is going to be

37/61 Completed

C - Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - FINISHED
H - Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins - FINISHED
A - The Angel Experiment by James Patterson
Z -

M - A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker - FINISHED
A - Alpha by Rachel Vincent
X - XVI by Julia Karr - FINISHED

T - This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen - FINISHED
I - In Other Worlds by Sherrilyn Kenyon - FINISHED
N - Nevermore by Kelly Creagh - FINISHED
K - Killing Floor by Lee Child - FINISHED
A - Awaken Me Darkly by Gena Showalter

M - Marked by Moonlight by Sharie Kohler - FINISHED
A - Afterlife by Claudia Gray
R -
M - Moon Sworn by Keri Arthur - FINISHED
I - Indigo Blues by Danielle Joseph - FINISHED
T - This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost - FINISHED
E - Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost

R - The Recruit by Robert Muchamore
I - I'd Tell You I Love You, But The I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter - FINISHED
N - Night Shade by Lynne Ewing - FINISHED
G - Goddess of the Night by Lynn Ewing - FINISHED
O - Once Dead Twice Shy by Kim Harrison

S - Skinned by Robin Wasserman - FINISHED
T - That Summer by Sarah Dessen - FINISHED
A -
R - River Marked by Patricia Briggs
R -

B - Born of Fire by Sherrilyn Kenyon - FINISHED
E - Entangled by Cat Clarke - FINISHED
A -
U - Unraveled by Gena Showalter

Z -
E -
R - Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles - FINISHED
O - Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter - FINISHED

Z -
A -
F - Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon - FINISHED

B - Born of Ice by Sherrilyn Kenyon - FINISHED
E - Embraced by Darkness by Keri Arthur - FINISHED
L - Lover Enshrined by J.R. Ward - FINISHED
L - The Lost one by Lynne Ewing - FINISHED
E -

E - Edge of Sight by Roxanne St. Claire - FINISHED
C - Caribbean Cruising by Rachel Hawthorne - FINISHED
H - Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill - FINISHED
O - Once Bitten Twice Shy by Jennifer Rardin - FINISHED

S - The Secret Scroll by Lynne Ewing - FINISHED
P - Prey by Rachel Vincent
I - Into the Cold Fire by Lynn Ewing - FINISHED
R -
I - The Iron King by Julie Kagawa - FINISHED
T - Tempting Evil by Keri Arthur - FINISHED

J - Jealousy by Lili St. Crow - FINISHED
A -
F - Full moon Rising by Keri Arthur - FINISHED
F - Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill - FINISHED
A -
R -

Will place photos of them up a little later, computer is slow and I need to update the photos anyway lol.

But Just to clarify:

Ringo is a cockatiel
Starr is a cockatiel
Jaffar is a cockatiel

message 11: by Heather (new)

Yay! Someone else has 7 pets. I had 9, but 2 passed away. With a name like Jezzabel it would have been hard to find two z's. Although, you have an x which is worst. My dogs tried to kill a possum last night. I thought he was dead because I forgot possums can "play possum." I hope the poor thing is okay. He was alive this morning, but he had a gash on his back and I'm worried about it getting infected. I'm kind of upset with my dogs.

message 12: by Starzee (last edited Sep 15, 2010 05:59PM) (new)

Starzee | 106 comments LOL actually I have more than 7 pets. On top of the ones I mentioned I have 4 axylotls, about 10 other budgies, 4 more cockatiels, a few diamond doves, 3 bourke parakeets (sp), about 14 quail, 2 turtles, and a chicken (had others but had to let them go lol). And I had 2 pet rats but they dies recently.

Aww poor possum, hope it's okay. LOL ur dogs look gorgeous though!!

I'm hoping to get 2 rottweilers soon!

message 13: by Heather (last edited Mar 29, 2011 04:30PM) (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) G- Graceling finished 9/18/10
R-Real Live Boyfriends 3/8/11
O-Out of The Dust (3/29)
M-My Sisters Keeper finished 11/3/10
I-Into The Wild Nerd Yonder 2/13/11
T-Tempest Rising

message 14: by Heather (new)

Birds are cute, but make me nervous so I've never owned them. My husbands parents have about 200 pets. They're on a farm, but all their animals are rescues and not to be eaten so they count as pets since they're treated as such.

message 15: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 106 comments Oh i would love a farm someday. Well not exactly a farm but a nice piece of land in the rural area, out of any major city. It would be nice, and that way i could have more pets!

message 16: by Heather (new)

She's got all kinds of things: emus, turkeys, chickens, goats, sheep, donkeys, minature horses and horses, cats, dogs (like 10), bunnies... Any time the animal shelter can't hold an animal or is about to euthanize then she takes them in. They try and find homes for a lot of them, but some of them they get really atached to and refuse to get rid of.

message 17: by Heather (new)

Heather, what is Gromit?

message 18: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) oh hes a dog. we named him after the wallace and gromit movies.

message 19: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 106 comments ohhh awesome name for a dog.

message 20: by Heather (last edited Sep 23, 2010 10:05PM) (new)

Nice. I've never actually watched it so I need to. Napoleon use to get told that he looked like the dragon from The Neverending Story. He had a piece of baby fur that tufted up on his head and gave him a mini-mohawk.

Angela, what other animals are in your home?

message 21: by Angela (new)

Angela B We are living with my fiances dad n his girlfriend and they have a dog Dexter and a cat Heidi

Heather, I have sooo seen a dog that looked JUST like the dragon in The Neverending Story, I use to have a picture but I sold my phone so it's gone...bummer

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 13 comments ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "LOL actually I have more than 7 pets. On top of the ones I mentioned I have 4 axylotls, about 10 other budgies, 4 more cockatiels, a few diamond doves, 3 bourke parakeets (sp), about 14 quail, 2 t..."

it is opossum lol

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 13 comments Im in but I will post my list later

message 24: by Heather (new)

I've always wanted a (descent-ed) skunk or a hedgehog. Domesticated skunks are like cats, but they make great guard dogs. People don't realize they're descent-ed so strangers tend to stay away from your home. It's funny to watch people freak out. Sadly, they're illegal here.

Hedgehogs are suppose to be one of the best pets for old people sine they're fairly low maintenance and live to be 3-5 years. That way you're not bringing in an animal that could outlive you by 10 years and that'd be forced on your family should you pass away.

message 25: by Angela (new)

Angela B I totally wanted a de-scented skunk they had one at this petting zoo like place we go to in Wisconsin, I love that place!

message 26: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 106 comments Oh my family and I had a hedgehog, it was a baby when we found it, it could fit in the palm of my hand. We named him Quil and he was too young to be afraid of us so we could pick him up no trouble without him turning into a ball on us. We fed him cat food and when he got bigger we stuck him in the enclosure our possum is in. Surprisingly they got along lol. A few months ago we released him into our backyard and just leave food out for him to come and get as he pleases. He's really cute though! I think they're lovely to have as pets. When I sort out photos of my pets I will add one of him

message 27: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 106 comments ❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: it is opossum lol

Oh is that what they're called in America? Marmite is just a normal possum in NZ, and it's actually illegal to own her as possums are considered pests.

message 28: by Heather (new)

It's a state by state thing in the U.S. and some counties within each state even have different laws.

If I ever get a hedgehog I'm going to name it Pickles the Prickly Hedgehog. I don't know. I've just always wanted one named Pickles. Wow, I'm such a nerd.

message 29: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 106 comments LOL that's such a cute name for a hedgehog! Oh i like it. I don't think its nerdy.

message 30: by Angela (new)

Angela B I think it's a awesome name!

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 13 comments ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: it is opossum lol

Oh is that what they're called in America? Marmite is just a normal possum in NZ, and it's actually illegal to own her as possums are considered pests."

ohhh

message 32: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) (last edited Sep 26, 2010 07:33PM) (new)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 13 comments Sam
Photobucket

Sweettie
Photobucket

Caytie
Photobucket

Peanut
Photobucket

I have two more dogs but but photobucket is being mean and I can't download them but I will get them as so as I can

message 33: by Heather (new)

Nice Lizz. They're all cute, but I really like Sam. I use to be dead set on having to have a big dog, but now that I'm paying to feed a Dane, I've changed my tune.

BTW, I'm 1/8 of the way done. Why'd I have to pick names with I's, O's and P's? =)

message 34: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 106 comments LOL at least you dont have Z or an X

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 13 comments here are my other 2 dogs

Gizmo
Photobucket

Cloe RIP
Photobucket

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 13 comments Heather wrote: "Nice Lizz. They're all cute, but I really like Sam. I use to be dead set on having to have a big dog, but now that I'm paying to feed a Dane, I've changed my tune.

BTW, I'm 1/8 of the way done. W..."

thanks. Peanut,Gizmo and Cloe are friends dogs but they are like my dogs too

message 37: by Angela (new)

Angela B awww cuties! my dad has a dog named gizmo and a dog named giget

message 38: by Heather (new)

We'd love to see him.

message 39: by Heather (new)

Why does my cat sleep with his tongue hanging out? It's cute the first time and then it gets creepy.

message 41: by Heather (new)

Good luck!

message 42: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 106 comments I love the name Dude! Sounds awesome for a cat =D

message 43: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B | 9 comments ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "I love the name Dude! Sounds awesome for a cat =D"

Haha! It is perfect for him. He is such a dude. He sits in one of our chairs like a little man. I love it!

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 13 comments I'm going to read Sweettie's name first

message 45: by Heather (last edited Nov 30, 2010 06:15AM) (new)

Good luck.

message 46: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 106 comments Sigh... We just added two new members to the family lol. Two kittens: Zero and Zaf

So now i have to find three books starting with Z!!

message 47: by Heather (new)

Hmm... I'd start changing names. =) Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance An Inquiry Into Values by Robert M. Pirsig and the fantasy spinoff Zen and the Art of Vampires (Dark Ones, #6) by Katie MacAlister

message 48: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 106 comments I like the sound of the second book. I will start hunting around for it.

LOL yes well, in the end my mother had to name them because i was dead set on naming one of them Agent Sealy Booth. A character out of my favourite tv series Bones

message 49: by Heather (new)

Booth and Bones would have been great names.
MacAlister writes silly stories so they're a little crazy. Fair warning.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 13 comments they would have been great names

« previous 1