The Wagon discussion

Poll Results 9/8

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (last edited Sep 08, 2010 08:43PM) (new)

Karen | 68 comments Mod
UPDATE: Due to several people not getting the e-mail notification that the poll was open, I've extended the poll for another week. Please cast your vote if you'd like to participate.

The poll is officially closed, and the book that came out on top was, "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. The Read-Along will start Monday, September 13. I will not be participating in this one, and I don't have the book, so maybe someone can volunteer to break the book into weekly "assignments" or you can all just decide among yourselves how much you want to read each week, etc. Have fun, and Happy Reading!!

message 2: by Christine (new)

Christine | 35 comments Wow, I must not have gotten the notice for the poll. Strange! I'm not sure if I'll join in on this one...I can't get the book anytime soon from the library and I'm not sure if I want to buy it.

message 3: by Karen (last edited Sep 08, 2010 08:56AM) (new)

Karen | 68 comments Mod
:( That stinks, Christine. I sent a notice about the poll to everyone in the group in a mass e-mail. So sorry you didn't get it. Maybe it went into your spam folder?

Does everyone who wants to participate think they have enough time to get the book? Do you want to push the start date back? It's not set in stone by any means! Really, it's up to the group as a whole--and what works out best for everyone. We don't want anyone to feel left out! : )

message 4: by Kari (new)

Kari | 19 comments I will have to put it on hold at the library. Not sure how long it will take. Maybe we need another week or 2?

message 5: by Missy Ann (new)

Missy Ann (missyanntx) | 63 comments 13th is fine by me.

I wonder if there was a glitch in the email, I didn't receive notice of a poll either. Doesn't matter, I don't have a problem reading The Help.

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen | 68 comments Mod
Should we re-do the poll? Seems like it would only be fair to run it again.

message 7: by Missy Ann (new)

Missy Ann (missyanntx) | 63 comments Well we could run a poll to see if we should run the poll again... ;)

I don't really have an opinion on this one. Like I said I'm happy to read The Help and I think that's the way I would've voted anyway.

message 8: by Christine (new)

Christine | 35 comments I don't think we need to run the poll again. Glad to know it wasn't just me who didn't get the email (I always check my spam folder just in case something that shouldn't end up there does).

message 9: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 11 comments I'll pick up a copy of the book tomorrow. Looks to be an interesting read.

I'm also wanting to read the sequel to Pillars Of The Earth. It wasn't a book I would have picked up on my own, yet I really enjoyed it. :-)

message 10: by Karen (last edited Sep 08, 2010 08:32PM) (new)

Karen | 68 comments Mod
Since Christine and Missy didn't get the e-mail about the poll, it's safe to assume there are other members who didn't get it either. So I thought it would be best to extend the poll for one more week and send out another e-mail. I do not want anyone to feel as if they've been left out.

When the poll ends (for real this time!) those who are going to participate in the Read-Along can agree on a start date.

I'm going to send out the group e-mail now.

message 11: by Missy Ann (new)

Missy Ann (missyanntx) | 63 comments Thanks Karen. I did get the message this time and I voted.

message 12: by Karen (new)

Karen | 68 comments Mod
Glad you got it this time, Missy. Hopefully everyone else did, too!

message 13: by Christine (new)

Christine | 35 comments Yup, it came through for me as well!

message 14: by Christine (new)

Christine (schokti) | 3 comments I have ordered this book from my library, but I'm 84th in queue. :( Hopefully the queue empties fast!