Tudor History Lovers discussion

Henry's reformation

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (new)

Patricia I have to write a paper on Henry the VIII and his break with Catholicism and I am having a little trouble getting started. I was wondering if anyone has read any helpful non fiction books on the topic and would make a recommendation. Thanks!

message 2: by Thalia (new)

Thalia | 99 comments The Tudors: The Complete Story of England's Most Notorious Dynasty by G.J. Meyer is not only about Henry VIII himself, of course, but it was very readable. It's relatively new and that section would be...somewhat compact compared to other books I could suggest.

message 3: by Darbus, Mod #2 (new)

Darbus | 93 comments Yes. I wrote a paper on how Henry's personal life affected Europe last semester, I know I talked about it in here at some point. I think I lost my soft copies of my sources due to computer fails, but I can probably find a hard copy of my bibliography, which I will do at some point tonight. Are you allowed to use websites as sources?

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Thank you Thalia for the book suggestion. I don't mind doing a little reading if I have to. Yes, Darbus, my only limitation as far as sources is Wikipedia. Thanks so much for the suggestions.

message 5: by Darbus, Mod #2 (new)

Darbus | 93 comments Here's some sources. The first four are secondary, the last four are primary, and more serve as examples of different aspects of the Reformation than as an overview. I may have made typos on the URLs, but the websites should probably be useful in and of themselves, and not just that one specific page, if that makes sense. Hope this helps, and feel free to ask if you need any more help or recommendations.

The Reformation: A History
The Reformation
www.newadvent.org/cathen/10455a.htm
www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/tudors/...

www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/cramne...
www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/h8-gla...
www.hrionline.ac.uk/johnfoxe/mail/3_1...
www.thenagain.info/Classes/Sources/Ac...

message 6: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Oh wow Darbus, this is extremely helpful. Thanks so much!!