Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > The Adventures of Baron Munchausen Movie

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 76 comments Hey!! Does anyone remembered the Adventures of Baron Munchausen movie that was directed by Terry Gilliam? I loved that movie and the characters were so awesome in it! I especially loved the part where Robin Williams played the King of the Moon! He was so hilarious in that role!! What did you love about this movie?

message 2: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Lyons (BrennaLyons) | 177 comments I love it. I own a copy of it. Last time I checked, it was on instant on Netflix, for those that don't know it.

What's NOT to love about the movie? Robin Williams was great. Uma as Aphrodite...

Cutting the top of the rope to tie to the bottom when they run out of rope...and they have cartoon physics so they hang there in pleasant oblivion, until the child realizes that's impossible and they fall.

The aging adventurers... The fact that he gets younger with adventure and sexy women... Death stalking him... Riding the cannonball... The fact that he compares every woman to the same woman he loves...

"Where is my brother?" Oh...so funny.

Brenna

message 3: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 76 comments Brenna wrote: "I love it. I own a copy of it. Last time I checked, it was on instant on Netflix, for those that don't know it.

What's NOT to love about the movie? Robin Williams was great. Uma as Aphrodite......"

Yeah!! There are so many brilliant scenes in this movie that I just can't stop myself from watching it over and over again!! Too bad it flopped at the box office, it was such a great movie!!!

message 4: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 48 comments That was such a fun movie

message 5: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 76 comments Yeah!!! :D

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Klehr (goodreadscomkevink) | 10 comments I loved this film years ago but tried to watch it again recently and couldn't get into it.

I think you've just encouraged me to try again.

message 7: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 76 comments That's great Kevin!! I guess I loved this movie so much because it reminded me so much of The Fool and the Flying Ship, with the plot and the characters.