stephen hawking following discussion

the grand design by stephen hawking

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lavender (new)

Lavender (lavendercrystalbear) | 5 comments Mod
The Grand Design
we will start reading this book and post comments as you go.it is ongoing and posting at your leisure. you can set email notifications when a new post is up.

message 2: by Lavender (new)

Got my copy tonight. Half way through chapter 2. Easy reading. Nice history of science

message 3: by Lavender (new)

Nice conglomeration of physics chemistry psychology biology to explain the universe.

message 4: by Smj (new)

Smj | 2 comments Very easy reading (listening for me because I got the audio version downloaded). I am into the second chapter now; nothing dramatic so far. What are your thoughts so far? Apparently Hawkings believes that this is the most appropriate time for the book to be published. I wonder why?

message 5: by Lavender (new)

Nah. He has a bunch of books out already but this one ties in more securely the links between several theories. It gets easier to understand as the chapters progress. I bought another of his books on my toberead pile

message 6: by Smj (new)

Smj | 2 comments Hmm sounds interesting. I actually got too busy with other stuff so dropped the reading in the second chapter. Then picked up Eckhart Tolle and J. Krishnamurti. But now can revert to Hawkings. Have you finished reading it? What are your thoughts ?

message 7: by Lavender (new)

Yes i have finished it. Very interesting. M-theory is very thought provoking. I did go back and buy the universe In a nutshell.