Hogwarts Academy discussion

Gringotts Bank > How to earn wizarding money

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bethany (last edited Sep 08, 2010 02:18AM) (new)

Bethany Huang | 104 comments Mod
Welcome to Gringotts bank! I am Griphook,and in order to earn wizarding money (for wands, owls, etc.), follow the instructions below.

1. Re-read a Harry Potter Book and write a review and post it here. (36 Galleons, 4 sickles, 3 knuts)

2. Watch a Harry Potter Movie and tell us your favorite part.
(29 galleons, 13 knuts)

3.Give us the link to your fan-fiction based Harry Potter Story. (78 galleons, 48 sickles, 29 knuts)

4. Research Harry Potter and post a new discussion called Harry Potter info links. (10 galleons, 1 sickle, 6 knuts)

That is how you can earn Wizarding money.

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 29 comments I just watched HP 4 and my favorite part was when the ghosts of Harry's parents came out of his and Voldemort's wands. It made me want to cry!

message 3: by Bethany (new)

Okay, I'll add that to your bank acount!

message 5: by Bethany (new)

Welcome!

message 6: by Bethany (new)

this is a link to Hermione Jean Granger's character information link: http://www.hp-lexicon.org/wizards/gra...

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 29 comments this is a link for a fanfiction site
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6306659/1...

message 8: by Bethany (new)

Awesome! I'll add more money to your Gringotts bank account!

message 9: by ♪Chloe (new)

♪Chloe  the Beatles Fanatic♫ (chloe_loves_thebeatles_and_books) | 4 comments Ok. So. I watched one of the Harry Potters, and sadly its name has slipped my mind... but my favorite part is where Harry and the last competitors go into the maze.

message 11: by Bethany (new)

Okay, I'll make your bank account, chloe!

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 29 comments I watched Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and my favorite part was when Hermione sicked those paper birds on Ron. he he

message 13: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 16 comments i just resently finished the whole serise for the second time the books are to good not to rea over and over again

message 14: by Bethany (new)

Okay, I'll add money to both of your bank accounts!

message 16: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 16 comments just finished hp2 love the part where dobby goes and dumps the cake on that ladies head and then just snaps and *poof* hes gone!!! :)

message 17: by Bethany (new)

Awesome! I'll add the money to your bank accounts!

message 18: by Bethany (new)

http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/ is a harry potter fanfiction site. Enjoy!

message 19: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 16 comments i dont know if this counts as a fanfiction site but its a theatre for hp7 i love this trailer the most out of the ones ive seen
http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/new...

message 20: by Bethany (new)

Ok!

message 21: by Harita (new)

Harita Mohan (goodreadscomharita) | 46 comments I liked the part where Hermoine says - let go and bresk some rules in the movie HP5.
i means it is the very reverse her character and it was very fun to say her say it.

Also in HP5 when she punches Malfoy. It was super cool.

message 22: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 16 comments id think she puched him in hp5 im pretty sure it was hp3

message 23: by Harita (new)

Harita Mohan (goodreadscomharita) | 46 comments Sorry she punches malfoy in HP3.

message 24: by Harita (new)

Harita Mohan (goodreadscomharita) | 46 comments So don't i get any money? iam in desperate need of a wand and other things..

message 25: by Bethany (new)

Yes, you do. I'm adding your bank account...

message 26: by Thunderfury (new)

Thunderfury | 5 comments I watched HP 4, and my favorite part may have been when Harry fought the Hungarian Horntail. Oh, do I have to get an bank account?

message 27: by Harita (new)

Harita Mohan (goodreadscomharita) | 46 comments there’s this podcast called Muggle Cast. It’s free on itunes, and they address everything basically. They recognize the movies, disscuss the actors and actresses, the writing in the books, everything. It’s not only hilariously funny, it’s actually a good insight to the Harry Potter world. You can ask them stuff from their website, interact with other fans, and even observe fan art! I mean, a true Harry Potter fan would love this.
http://www.mugglenet.com

message 28: by Harita (new)

Harita Mohan (goodreadscomharita) | 46 comments Also my fav part in HP3 is when Harry flies on the back of the Hippogriff.

message 29: by Bethany (new)

Awesome! I'll add it to your bank account.(You can also earn wizarding money by selling items in your store.)

message 30: by Bethany (new)

I reread a harry Potter book-The Sorceror's stone. Still amazing every time I read it!

message 31: by Bethany (new)

Thunderfury wrote: "I watched HP 4, and my favorite part may have been when Harry fought the Hungarian Horntail. Oh, do I have to get an bank account?"

Yes. Don't worry, I'll make one for you.

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 29 comments I watched all the movies this weekend! (ABC family had a Harry Potter weekend.))

HP1: My fav. part was when Harry makes Quirrel disintegrate(sp).
HP2: My fav. part was when Ron was puking slugs.
HP3: My fav. part was when Harry used the patronus charm on all the dementors.
HP4: My fav. part was when the ghosts of Harry's parents came out of Voldemort's and Harry's wands.
HP5: My fav. part was when they tricked Miss Umbridge to coming into the Forbidden Forest where the Centaurs took her away.
HP6: I liked it when Hermione sent those paper birds after Ron.

message 33: by Bethany (new)

Wow...that's a lot of wizarding money! I'll add it to your bank account ASAP.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

HP1: My favorite part was when the Sorting Hat talked to Harry.
HP2: My favorite part was when Fawkes poked out the basalik's eyes.
HP3: My favorite part was when Lupin turned into the werewolf.
HP4: My favorite part was when Harry went underwater and Neville said, "Oh my God! I've killed Harry Potter!"
HP5: My favorite part was when the Death Eaters come into the Department of Mysteries after the kids and everything falls over.
HP6: My favorite part was when Harry and Dumbledore went to see Slughorn and he's disguised as an armchair.
HP7 (p1): My favorite part was when all of Ron's fears came out of the Horcrux and Hermione and Harry talked down on him.

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 29 comments HP7 Part 1: My favorite part was when there was seven Harrys and it was all akward.

message 36: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 16 comments yep that was like thee best but the changed a lot in the movie my said that there should be more like the book in the next part ya.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Just watched Order of the Phoenix, favorite part: when Luna told Harry about thestrals:P

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 29 comments HP7 Part 1 (again): My new fav. part is when Hermione and Harry dance.