Writers and Readers discussion

Events > Blog Tours

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 1777 comments Mod
Post your tips, your dates and any host requests for your virtual book tours.

message 2: by A.F. (new)

I've hosted several authors on my blog during their blog tours, (and done one of my own), so I though I'd share some of what to expect and what to prepare.

What You Need to Send to a Blog Tour Host:
-An Author Bio- keep it short, one or two paragraphs.
-An Author Photo- a small to medium jpg/gif photo. Do not send a large size photo to a host; they will just have to be resized anyway.
-A Book Cover Picture- again a small to medium jpg/gif photo. No large pics.
-A blurb and/or short excerpt of your book.
-Links to your website, blog and to your book. You can also include other links to Twitter, a Facebook fanpage, etc, but don't overdo it.

There are three usual ways someone can host you. Either you will do a guest post, an interview, or a book spotlight/book review. When doing a guest post it is best to have some articles written, ready to post, that you can offer your host, but the host may request some specific topic so be prepared to write. An interview is easy; just answer questions provided by the host. A book spotlight will simply be a write up by the host about the book, and includes an excerpt; the host may want some background on the book so have some ready. A review will require you to send the host a copy of the book.
A good blog tour has a nice mix of guest posts and interviews, with perhaps a book spotlight thrown in. Try and have a varity of article topics and different answers to your interview questions; there is nothing worse for someone following your blog tour to read the same thing repeatedly. And the most important thing is to get your articles to the host in a timely manner.

message 3: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Lazar (aaronpaullazar) | 12 comments Well said, Anita! Great job. Another option is to do an imaginary interview with your characters, or write a letter to your readers from the characters. That's really fun!

message 4: by A.F. (new)

Aaron wrote: "Well said, Anita! Great job. Another option is to do an imaginary interview with your characters, or write a letter to your readers from the characters. That's really fun!"

True, I forgot to mention that one. I've done it twice and it is fun.

message 5: by A.F. (new)

I'm looking to put together a mini blog tour for my new horror ebook, Killers and Demons. If there are any bloggers out there who would be interested in hosting me, let me know.

message 6: by Lena (new)

Lena | 24 comments I would also be interested in getting a few hosts for a blog tour I'm setting up for my urban fantasy novel, The Superiors. I'd be willing to exchange hosting, too, if anyone is making a blog tour and needs more hosts.
Thanks
Lena

message 7: by A.F. (new)

Lena wrote: "I would also be interested in getting a few hosts for a blog tour I'm setting up for my urban fantasy novel, The Superiors. I'd be willing to exchange hosting, too, if anyone is making a blog tour ..."

I'd be happy to host you (or exchange hosting). I've done several hosting gigs for blog tours.

message 8: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 15 comments I'd be happy to host on my blog if either of you are interested... Lena, I already have your book on my review list ;-)...

www.gatheringleavesreviews.blogspot.com

message 9: by Lena (new)

Lena | 24 comments Cassie--awesome! Do you know when you'll have it on your blog? I'd like to schedule it in w/ my other stuff if i could. THanks!

Lena Hillbrand

message 10: by A.F. (new)

Cassie wrote: "I'd be happy to host on my blog if either of you are interested... Lena, I already have your book on my review list ;-)...

www.gatheringleavesreviews.blogspot.com"

I'd be pleased to add you as one of the hosts for my tour.

message 11: by Cassie (new)

Cassie McCown (cassie629) | 15 comments I have a couple manuscripts to finish proofing and a couple other books to read right after that, but then I can get to yours. Give me a few weeks to get all that done, and then I should be ready. Maybe the 3rd week of July or 1st week of August to go on the blog? Let me know what works...

Y'all can email me at gatheringleavesreviews [at] gmail [dot] com :-)

message 12: by A.F. (last edited Jun 23, 2011 11:41AM) (new)

Cassie wrote: "I have a couple manuscripts to finish proofing and a couple other books to read right after that, but then I can get to yours. Give me a few weeks to get all that done, and then I should be ready...."

I haven't quite narrowed down my dates yet, but when I do I'll email you. I'm aiming for next month.

message 13: by Lena (new)

Lena | 24 comments A.F.
If you have a guest blog post, send it to my email. Just let me know when you want it posted. I post guest posts on Monday, so lmk what monday you want it posted. Also, do you have an interview I could fill out, or do you like guest authors to post?

lenahillbrand@yahoo.com

message 14: by A.F. (new)

Lena wrote: "A.F.
If you have a guest blog post, send it to my email. Just let me know when you want it posted. I post guest posts on Monday, so lmk what monday you want it posted. Also, do you have an intervi..."

Lena, I'm putting the finishing touches on everything, but I'll send it along when it's done.

I do interviews, if you'd like one. I have a list of questions that I tailor to each author. You can check out my blog: http://afstewartblog.blogspot.com/p/interview-guidelines.html for my guidelines.

I can do a spotlight for your book as well if you like. I have guidelines for that in the sidebar of on my other blog:
In the Spotlight

message 15: by Lena (new)

Lena | 24 comments AF--I sent you the interview last night. I may look at the spotlight, too, since some of my hosts haven't gotten back to me.

If you want me to do a spotlight for you instead of a guest post, i can do either. I've got too many interviews right now, so I've stopped doing those. But anything else is great! Guest post/letter/spotlight/or the first chapter of your book if you'd like. just send it to my email.
lenahillbrand@yahoo.com

message 16: by A.F. (new)

Lena wrote: "AF--I sent you the interview last night. I may look at the spotlight, too, since some of my hosts haven't gotten back to me.

If you want me to do a spotlight for you instead of a guest post, i ..."

Lena, I got the interview and it will be posted on the 8th of July. I have some posts I'm putting the finishing touches and figuring out the dates, so I'll send you a list today or tommorrow and you can choose what works best for you.

message 17: by A.F. (new)

Killers and Demons go on tour!
See the following for details:
Tour with Killers and Demons

message 18: by Lena (new)

Lena | 24 comments The Superiors blog tour is now LIVE! the schedule is posted on my blog.

http://lenahillbrand.blogspot.com

The Superiors by Lena Hillbrand

message 19: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal I just created a brand new blog, so I'll be looking for tours to participate in soon...
http://www.book-spark.blogspot.com/

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I wrote this after my own tour. Maybe you'll find something useful:
Touring the Book without leaving the House

Virtual book blog tours are an inexpensive way of getting the word out about your newly released book. Bloggers in a particular niche tend to know one another, and can build buzz through comparing notes and making recommendations to their readers.
A blog tour host posts a photo of the author’s book cover and physical details, buying info, plus a Q&A and/or review. In addition, the publisher may contribute copies for a giveaway. The giveaways tend to generate the most traffic, since many bloggers set up the entry process with much linking, Twitter following, and Facebook liking.
On the appointed day, the author checks in several times to answer comments and questions. Both author and host advertise the date on their social media sites. The author responds to feedback for a few more days, and writes a thank-you note to the host. Ideally, both parties add one another to their respective blog rolls –IF the blogger represent’s the author’s true audience.
Sounds simple, doesn’t it? Ah, but the best laid plans…! Here are some problems you might encounter, and a few solutions:
• Host does not send interview questions until late the night before or the morning of the tour date, and doesn’t post your materials until the late afternoon.
If your tour coordinator lays out a schedule beforehand (8 AM is a good time to begin), this will not happen often.
• Host puts up your materials and is never heard from again.
Leave a greeting as soon as you see that the host has put up your materials. Your friendliness will encourage interaction.
• Host tucks away your interview in her least-used blog. There is no word of introduction.
Assume she hated the book, and be grateful she didn’t put up a 1 star review on Amazon.
• Host doesn’t categorize your novel properly, and reviews it as if it were another genre. When this happened to me, I offered a link to a discussion of genre. The host seemed to appreciate it, said she could now see the novel in a whole new light, but did not change her rating of the book.

Yes, problems will erupt –the host forgets to turn the blog comments box on, and then leaves for the weekend; or gives you a thoughtless review, and when your supporters try to comment, will not post the comments; or, enraged by people’s opinion of her review, a host cancels your tour date and pins her lonely solitary star on every review site she finds. That’s life! Do what damage control you can, and bask in the glow coming from the first light shed on your new book. It will last far longer than the memory of that already fading star.

message 21: by D. Robert (new)

D. Robert Pease (drobertpease) Hi all,

I'm working on putting together a 100-blog tour of the book, Noah Zarc: Mammoth Trouble, for the month of December. There will be three prizes of a $50 gift card to Amazon. One for the most comments on your post, one for a random commentor on one blog, and one for the most creative post. If you'd like to join the tour, click here: http://www.drobertpease.com/site.cfm/... or email me with the URL of your blog, your preferred date in December for your post, and what type of post you'd like to do, e.g. book review, or author interview. If you are unable to join the Blog Tour in December but are still interested in reviewing the book in your own time-frame, that's okay too.

I'd gladly send you off copy of the book in the format you prefer - just let me know what that is (I'd rather send an eBook version but if you require a hard-copy version, let me know that too).

Thanks for considering taking a gander at Noah Zarc: Mammoth Trouble. I'd love to hear what you think,

D. Robert

###

Here is a brief summary of Noah Zarc: Mammoth Trouble:

Noah lives for piloting spaceships through time, dodging killer robots and saving Earth’s animals from extinction. Life couldn’t be better. However, the twelve-year-old time traveler soon learns it could be a whole lot worse. His mom is abducted and taken to thirty-first century Mars; his dad becomes stranded in the Ice Age; and Noah is attacked at every turn by a foe bent on destroying a newly habitable, post-apocalyptic Earth.

Traveling through time in the family’s immense spaceship, Noah, a paraplegic from birth, must somehow care for the thousands of animals on board, while finding a way to rescue his parents. Along the way, he discovers his mother and father aren’t who he thought they were, and there is strength inside him he didn’t know he had.

What people are saying:

"I can't say enough good things about this book. Younger readers will love it and so will their parents. It is a well written, fast paced little story that keeps you on your toes." - M. Hampton

"This book is amazing! It is slightly above my kids' reading level, but it was still tons of fun for me. I love how it takes the story of Noah's Ark and interprets it in the future." - Cassie McCown

"I highly recommend this story for young teens, and if a grumpy, hard-to-please adult like me enjoyed this novel, then I bet they will love it." - Chrystalla

Watch the book trailer > http://www.youtube.com/user/drobertpease

Read the first chapter online > http://www.drobertpease.com/site.cfm/...

More Reviews > http://www.drobertpease.com/site.cfm/...

--
D. Robert Pease
www.drobertpease.com

message 22: by Glen (new)

Glen Strathy | 9 comments My blog tour for my children's novel Dancing on the Inside starts today.

For dates and locations of each stop, check out...

http://www.pumpupyourbook.com/2011/10...

Dancing on the Inside by Glen C. Strathy

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

This is Blog Tour de Troops and is help on Veteran's Day and Memorial Day. The tour cost right now is $25 but I've gotten a great response from it.

Here are the details:

Blog Tour de Troops is celebrating Veteran's Day by giving away free eBooks all weekend long.

Not just for you, free eBooks will be sent to US Troops as well. You have a chance to win a Kindle and donate money so the blog tour can buy Kindles for US Troops.

I was honored to be able to interview my best friend for Veteran's Day.

http://alchemyofscrawl.wordpress.com/...

message 24: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (shadowkissedcassie) | 6 comments
ends 1/23

Please stop by!

message 25: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (shadowkissedcassie) | 6 comments Alienation Blog Tour!!! Win an IPad2
http://shadowkissedcassie.blogspot.co...

message 26: by Emily (new)

Emily Loveall I'm having a blog tour for Promising Light, my fantasy novel.

We have author and character interviews, excerpts, guest posts, and lots of fun things lined up for the next two weeks!

Also a bunch of giveaways:
- Ebooks copies (about half a dozen copies being given away at various blogs)
- Paperback copies (two copies being given away at http://riteshkala.wordpress.com)
- A $20 Gift Card for Amazon or Barnes and Noble (winner's choice!) by commenting on stops

For the full lineup, visit: http://wordsofeward.blogspot.com/p/pr...

message 27: by Christine (new)

Christine Rice (christine_rice) | 82 comments I'll be having a blog tour for my upcoming book, Freelance Writing Guide: What to Expect in Your First Year as a Freelance Writer, in August/September. I am looking for people interested in hosting interviews and reviews (in exchange for a free ebook copy) on their blogs. Please contact me if you are interested. Thanks!

message 28: by B.J. (new)

B.J. Kurtz | 5 comments I'll be participating in the Edgy Christian Fiction Lovers blog tour on Saturday (7/26). my blog is www.bjkurtz.blogspot.com. Info on the tour: http://edgychristianfictionlovers.nin...

Thanks!

message 29: by Christine (new)

Christine Rice (christine_rice) | 82 comments Hello everyone!

I just published Freelance Writing Guide: What to Expect in Your First Year as a Freelance Writer on August 14th. It is a career guide that explains all that I learned and went through in the first year of my freelance writing career. I am having a blog tour to celebrate the release of the book, which will be starting today (August 29th). Here are the dates of the tour and the participating blogs:

Aug 29-31 - www.goodreads.com/group/show/37092
Sept 1 - www.literarylunespublications.com
Sept 2 - www.vanessakeccles.blogspot.com
Sept 5 - www.teresamorrow.com
Sept 7 - www.shaynagier.com
Sept 8 - www.cmtruxler.wordpress.com
Sept 9 - www.ravensartshack.blogspot.com
Sept 10 - www.lgib-bookreview.blogspot.com
Sept 12 - www.frellathon.com
Sept 13 - www.fromthebootheelcottonpatch.blogsp...
Sept 14 - www.rdmeyerwrites.blogspot.com
Sept 15 - www.honestyinwriting.blogspot.com
Sept 16 - www.karenelizabethbrown.blogspot.com
Sept 17 - www.theresaleschmannauthor.blogspot.com
Sept 18 - www.sageadderley.blogspot.com
Sept 19 - www.chriseboch.blogspot.com
Sept 20 - www.writingwithbothsidesofmybrain.wor...
Sept 21 - www.yamanatoday.com
Sept 22 - www.bahbammymusings.wordpress.com
Sept 23 - www.jeanzbookreadnreview.blogspot.com
Sept 24 - www.thewritechris.blogspot.com
Sept 25 - www.christinericeauthor.wordpress.com

Stay tuned for a special surprise at the end of the tour!

message 30: by Heather (new)

Heather James (makexbelieve) | 8 comments I am running a blog tour for my novel, Fire, in April and would love to get some more hosts lined up. Please message me if you are interested.

Fire (Elements of Power, #1) by Heather James

message 31: by A.F. (new)

I and many other poets are doing a poetry blog hop this week to launch the Kintsugi Poets Society: http://afstewartblog.blogspot.ca/2013...

And there's a giveaway!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

A.F. wrote: "I've hosted several authors on my blog during their blog tours, (and done one of my own), so I though I'd share some of what to expect and what to prepare.

What You Need to Send to a Blog Tour Hos..."

This is really, really helpful. Thank you for the tips!

message 33: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Kuss | 9 comments Garrett wrote: "A.F. wrote: "I've hosted several authors on my blog during their blog tours, (and done one of my own), so I though I'd share some of what to expect and what to prepare.

What You Need to Send to a ..."

message 34: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Kuss | 9 comments Can anyone host me on their blog tour? I wrote my first novel,THE HOUSE OF ODEL which is being sold on Amazon.com as an e-book. I think a blog tour would be helpful in promotng it. Thanks for all the info you are sharing It's helpful.

message 35: by A.F. (new)

Marcia wrote: "Can anyone host me on their blog tour? I wrote my first novel,THE HOUSE OF ODEL which is being sold on Amazon.com as an e-book. I think a blog tour would be helpful in promotng it. Thanks for all..."

I do host authors doing blog tours. My schedule is a little more hectic than usual as I'm doing a blog hop myself this week, plus I have some interviews to post next week and a guest post on Aug. 19th. But I can squeeze you in sometime; you can check out my blog for details and my email: http://afstewartblog.blogspot.ca/

message 36: by Clarissa (new)

Clarissa Wild (clarissawild) ATTENTION BLOGGERS!

I'm looking for people to host a Cover Reveal and/or release day blitz for Fierce!!

This is a New Adult Romance novel that I'm currently writing and is set to be released somewhere mid January.

BLURB:

Fight for your dreams. Fight for your life. Fight for love.

Nerdy girl Autumn Blakewood is the prime example of a goodie two-shoes. She studies every night, is never late for class, and always follows the rules. She has never felt the need to step out of her comfort zone. That is, until she meets Hunter.

Hunter Bane is a cocky, confident bad-boy, who's nothing but trouble. He’s a dangerous distraction to everyone around him. Sexy and strong, Hunter enjoys the swooning effect he has on women. Especially those who aren't used to attention, like Autumn.

Autumn finds it hard not to give into Hunter’s advances, even though it all seems like a game to him. Trying to understand him is impossible, because he shrouds himself in mystery.
What she doesn't know is that Hunter has more baggage than anyone should have to carry. When she discovers he's in an illegal frat club to save the one person that matters to him, Autumn realizes this could mean the end of her undeniable connection to him. Even their lives are at risk.
But it's too late to turn back now ...

PLEASE SIGN UP (the release day blitz is also an option)!!

Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nLTH...

message 37: by K.L. (new)

K.L. | 5 comments Hey there everyone, myself along with a friend have started coordinating blog tours and we are in search of bloggers to become hosts. We are also always looking for authors to sign up for tours as well.

If your interested please check out our site and feel free to ask me any questions. Thanks Much!

http://bitnbooktours.wix.com/bitn

message 38: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Rae | 11 comments Hi, guys! I'm looking for help with my newest release, Animal.
It's a paranormal suspense novel with dark romance elements and it comes out on February 28th!

The Cover Reveal and Blog Tour start on February 16th, and the tour will run until March 17th.

ARCs coming soon (around February 8th)! : )

Here is the synopsis:

Ava has spent her life running from the monsters that lurk in the shadows, always the prey. She finally thinks she can settle down, have a normal life, and not be so scared of the world around her. That is until she runs into her worst nightmare.
He has finally found the potential family he has always wanted. All he has to do is make his little bird sing. Will Ava escape with her humanity intact?

If you're interested in helping out, please sign up below so I can keep everyone organized. Also, feel free to share the form so LOTS of people can be involved. : )

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yXeL...

Thanks, guys! I'm REALLY excited about this one!

message 39: by Anthony (new)

Anthony (authoranthonyavina) | 6 comments Hi there everyone! My name is Anthony Avina, and I have a new romance/drama novella coming out on October 1st called VOID.

VOID follows six friends living in Los Angeles, CA. These friends must band together to overcome their individual problems to get to a happier place.

I have PDF copies of the book available for anyone who may be interested in a review. I also am interested in working with anyone who might be interested in hosting me for a Blog Tour anytime between now and October 1st. I have an EPK, and would be happy to do an interview, guest blog, etc. I have a blog of my own, a growing YouTube channel, and I'd be happy to promote your website, blog, etc to my audience.

If this is something you would be interested in, let me know. The novella comes out on October 1st, 2015. I normally write horror novels,
but I felt inspiration for this romance/drama strike, and thus VOID was born. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing back from you all.

Anthony Avina
Author "VOID"

message 40: by P.J. (last edited Jul 07, 2015 06:25AM) (new)

P.J. Roscoe | 49 comments Hello Anthony, I am hosting a guest author this week, but am fairly free afterwards. I host guests for free but ask that they advertise my website and my books = cross promotion!
Check out my website to find out if it's what you want www.pjroscoe.co.uk. I have a guest questionaire IF you want to choose from that or send me whatever you want. Pictures in jpeg please and info in word. Paula x
If you want to go ahead, e-mail all details to derwenna1@o2.co.uk