Green Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
The Green Group Community > New Moderator !

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M (last edited Sep 07, 2010 08:26AM) (new)

M (wwwgoodreadscomprofilem) | 337 comments Hi All,

Marieke is the new moderator of The Green group Community . Enjoy ! We will manage the group both. Welcome Marieke :)

Michelle

message 2: by Marieke (new)

Marieke Michelle wrote: "Hi All,

Marieke is the new moderator of The Green group Community . Enjoy ! We will manage the group both. Welcome Marieke :)

Michelle"

Thanks, Michelle! I am really looking forward to helping you. I think this is a terrific group. :D

message 3: by M (last edited Sep 07, 2010 10:49AM) (new)

M (wwwgoodreadscomprofilem) | 337 comments Marieke wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Hi All,

Michelle"

Thanks, Michelle! I am really looking fo..."

Thanks Marieke! I'm looking forward to run The Green group from Europe with you in a friendly, terrific way :) We have a lot of great environmental themes to discuss, a lot of books to discuss (in any genres, in any format), and specially our new activity " The Group Talks with Authors "

message 4: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Marieke. I'm sure you will be a great help to Michelle in running this great group.

PS Michelle: terrific means wonderful, not terrifying or terrible ;-)

message 5: by M (last edited Sep 07, 2010 10:50AM) (new)

M (wwwgoodreadscomprofilem) | 337 comments Hayes wrote: "Hi Marieke. I'm sure you will be a great help to Michelle in running this great group.

PS Michelle: terrific means wonderful, not terrifying or terrible ;-)"

Oops ! Thanks, Hayes:)

message 6: by Marieke (new)

Marieke gosh! i'm sorry, Michelle, i never even thought about "terrific" that way...thanks, Hayes, for clarifying that!

message 7: by M (last edited Sep 07, 2010 11:54AM) (new)

M (wwwgoodreadscomprofilem) | 337 comments Marieke wrote: "gosh! i'm sorry, Michelle, i never even thought about "terrific" that way...thanks, Hayes, for clarifying that!"

Don't be sorry, Marieke! This is the magic of foreign language :-)
You have a lot of words written in English/English with a different meaning in American/ English. That is the case of the word 'terrific"!
But you have also words written in American/English and English/English with the same meaning : That is the case of " For instance" in American/ English written " For example" in English/English. " Holidays" in English/ English and "Vacations" in American/English have also the same meaning.

message 8: by Marieke (new)

Marieke Hi everyone,

Michelle has come to the realization that she has too many things to balance and needed to step aside as moderator. Unfortunately I don't feel like i really know my way around the group yet and for that I apologize. I am not sure I will do things the same way as Michelle and I hope that is okay with everyone. I welcome any suggestions you have and perhaps someone from among you might be interested in co-moderating.

I think one of the first things i'll do is set up a News of the Day thread in the hopes that it will spark some conversation. I've been running across a lot of really interesting news items lately. Please enjoy!

message 9: by Marieke (new)

Marieke Hi everybody!
Today Kirsten joins us as another moderator. She has a background in environmental science and has a lot of great ideas for us...not to mention knowledge!
:D

message 10: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten | 282 comments Thanks, I'll do what I can!

message 11: by M (last edited Nov 10, 2010 01:37PM) (new)

M (wwwgoodreadscomprofilem) | 337 comments Hi All,
Welcome at the new moderators' team of The Green group ! I'm sure that Marieke and Kirsten both and all the members will follow all the great discussions we have had for a time, here. And create a lot of new themes to discuss. I'll visit the group and participate as I can.
Thanks Marieke and Kirsten for your investment.
With love,
Michelle

message 12: by Niledaughter (new)

Niledaughter Welcome Kirsten :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.