Book lovers discussion

Random > Graphic Novels

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Do any of you read graphic novels? I bought my first one recently and I am looking forward to reading it. Does anyone have any recommendations?

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan I started to read Blankets by Craig Thompson but had to return it to the library before finishing. I'm hoping to take it out again in the near future. That was my only experience with a graphic novel.

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
I have that one on my TBR list. Did you like what you read of it?

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan Yeah it was pretty good but kind of weird for me. You know, kind of like reading a comic book! But I liked it!

message 5: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
Yeah i suppose it is weird if you are used to reading normal books.

message 6: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
I started reading 30 Days of Night today. I was totally drawn in straight away. I am loving the weird eerie art! I am hoping to get the second Scott Pilgram book next. Why are they so damn expensive?!

message 7: by Charles (new)

Charles I just finished Julian Hanshaw's The Art of Pho. I find to hard to put my hands on these things. Bookshops here have only comics and manga. Mostly I run across reviews and order from Blackwell's in England. The British seem to regard this stuff seriously. Suggestions? (I've published a graphic novel myself -- search my name and then look for E: Last and First Men)

message 8: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
I have only ever bought graphic novels online. I thought it was more of an american thing because i never really seen them in bookshops in England. Although i haven't really gone out of my way to look.