SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Other Discussions & Chats > Bookmark swap

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok so I got this idea from another group that I'm in, and its a kind of a game that seems pretty interesting.

The main idea of this is to get people participating, then we each get assigned another person for whom you have to make (or buy) a bookmark. As we're all in SA this will be easy, you then post it, and we let each other know on this thread when we received it, then we open them at the same time and post pics of the bookmarks... and so we all get swapped around for the next month

What do you think?

message 2: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Sound interesting, my book mark is a new moon trading card with Edward on it and its looking a bit shabby lol

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Then I think its time for you to get a new one

On the other group Donna is posting me one from New York!!!!! How cool is that?

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith That's awesome :)
I might make a beaded one, if I can find the time.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

That sounds so pretty!!!!!
We'll have enough time, we need to get other members in to, then we get assigned a person and you inbox them your address...

This is a lot of fun, because you never know what you're gonna get! (Like Forest Gump hehe)

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmauk007) | 1081 comments Sounds interesting, the only boomarks I have are freebies from the library lol....Not that I would send one of those ofcourse.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hehehe I would hope not Emma :)
I also just get the freebies at bookstores and the libraries, but I love a good bookmark, their so pretty!

I watched a programme the other night where they showed you how to make some great and interesting bookmarks

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Admittedly, I don't really use bookmarks - I just grab whatever piece of scrap paper is nearby.

message 9: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Trading cards are the best! :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Well then you could benefit from this dont you think? Your books will feel special becuase you'll have bookmarks from all of us :)

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Perhaps. But I always take free bookmarks from bookshops and so on if I like the design, and I've got a pile of Bookmooch bookmarks, and I still end up using till slips to mark my place.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahaha ok so if we do the bookmark swap then you can paste them in a album :)

message 13: by Monique (new)

Monique (moniqueurbanisedgeek) | 270 comments I'm in! sounds like fun.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey everyone, so I was thinking that I'm going to close this thread at the end of November, then we can all get paired and then send our bookmark in the new year? How does that sound?

message 15: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments Oh, can I please join? I just received some signed bookplates this week!

message 16: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
Interested:

Lu
Niecole
Lauren F
Emma
Chriz
Novel

Mmmm maybe keep it open for a few days more and lets see if more people want in :)