Delirity discussion

Author B > Dorina Basarab - K. Chance

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Sep 30, 2012 11:59PM) (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
Midnight's Daughter (Dorina Basarab, #1) by Karen Chance Death's Mistress (Dorina Basarab, #2) by Karen Chance Fury's Kiss (Dorina Basarab, #3) by Karen Chance

message 2: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. Is anyone else reading these? The Dorina Basarab series is the spin off series from the popular Cassandra Palmer urban fantasy series, but I like the new series even better. Terrific mix of action, mystery, suspense, and a little romance. The lead gal is a great kick b*tt character simliar in style to one of my fav characters Kate Daniels.

Some of the characters from the other series show up in this one -- Mircea, Louis-Cesare, Kit Marlowe, Radu, etc.

There is also a very good novella that should be read between Midnight's Daughter and Death's Mistress:
On the Prowl (Monère Children of the Moon, #4) (Briggs Alpha & Omega Prequel) (World of the Lupi, #3.5) (Dorina Basarab Prequel) by Patricia Briggs
It's the companion story to the first book and Claire (Dory's missing best friend) is the main character. This is different in style--lots of Fae in this one rather than vampires.

message 3: by Heather (new)

I read it, but I seem to not remember it as well as I do the Cassie books. Although, they did get better. I gave the first one 3 stars and the 2nd one 4. I like them, but it took me a little while to get behind Dory.

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I tried to read the first one, but just couldn't get into it.

message 5: by Enjee (new)

Enjee Chicks Kick Butt by Rachel Caine

There is a Dory short story "In Vino Veritas" in this anthology. Here is the offical blurb:

Chicks are awesome & never more so than when they are kicking some serious vampire/werewolf/demon/monster butt. Chicks Kick Butt is an anthology that features one of the best things about the urban fantasy genre--strong, independent, and intelligent heroines who are quite capable of solving their own problems, and slaying their own dragons (or demons, as the case may be).

New stories from Rachel Caine, L.A. Banks, Rachel Vincent, Karen Chance, Lilith Saintcrow, Cheyenne McCray, Susan Krinard, Jeanne Stein, Jenna Black, Elizabeth Vaughan, Carole Nelson, Douglas, P.N. Elrod, Nancy Holder

Amazon has the release date listed as June 7, 2011... the same day as "Hunt the Moon".

message 6: by Heather (new)

In wine there's truth? Huh.

message 7: by Enjee (new)

Enjee This from Chance's website, describing the upcoming short story:

Our story, "In Vino Veritas," features Dorina Basarab shortly after the events of Death's Mistress. Ray, the somewhat mentally-challenged vampire, is in need of help yet again. To get him out, and to save herself, Dory will need to prove that she can kick butt in a totally new way--while drunk off her ass.

message 8: by Enjee (last edited Sep 06, 2011 01:19PM) (new)

Enjee Fury's Kiss (Dorina Basarab #3) by Karen Chance

Dory #3 is due out Oct 2, 2012.

message 9: by Heather (new)

I'm excited for the new book, but I don't know why. It's been so long since I've read these that I don't actually remember what they were about. Oops.