Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > seeing a lot of one book series

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by willaful (last edited Sep 06, 2010 06:01PM) (new)

willaful Is there anything we can do to remind people of how adding to a series works? It's really easy to make multiples of a series by mistake. For example, on this page of the series list, there are three "Tree series" and four "Mosaic Professional Development Series," all with one book each: http://www.goodreads.com/series?page=70

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22704 comments Understand what you're saying willaful.

I've had the opposite problem, in trying to make a full series, but only able to make 1 book series due to caching problems. Will have to remember to go back to it.

message 3: by Phil (new)

Phil (notacat) | 37 comments Maybe this could be avoided if one could add a book to an existing series from the "book edit" page. As I understand it, the only thing one can do from there is to create a new series, containing only that book, which is what I assume is happening here.

We can add existing characters to a book, why not an existing series?

message 4: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Phil wrote: "Maybe this could be avoided if one could add a book to an existing series from the "book edit" page."

It's on the to-do list; it just hasn't been put in place yet.

message 5: by Phil (new)

Phil (notacat) | 37 comments Cait wrote: "Phil wrote: "Maybe this could be avoided if one could add a book to an existing series from the "book edit" page."

It's on the to-do list; it just hasn't been put in place yet."

Is it possible to annotate that area on the "edit book" page to let people know this?

message 6: by Kaion (new)

Kaion (kaionvin) Yeah I've been seeing this problem a lot too.