This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

Weird translations

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Look at the new restaurant opening near me. What kind of food do you think they serve?

[image error]

message 2: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Wow, some chicken land pig would really hit the spot right now.

message 3: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments With a side of Princess?

message 4: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Served by a Princess?

message 5: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! | 443 comments Hey! The stuff going off to the right is Korean! Whatever it is, it's delicious. You should eat there.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Eh? Eh! wrote: "Hey! The stuff going off to the right is Korean! Whatever it is, it's delicious. You should eat there."

guahahahahhah!

message 7: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments @Eh: Are you Korean? If I take a picture of the rest of the sign can you tell me what the fuck it says? I'll bet it isn't Korean food. We have a really large Korean population here but I can't find any restaurant that says it serves "Korean" food. It seems to be all fusion. But maybe that is Korean food? And why doesn't Korean translate into English right? There's a Korean butcher around the corner called "Wow! Fresh Meat!" I mean, I guess technically that translated right, but you know.

message 9: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! | 443 comments Take a picture of the full sign and I'll see what I can do. I can't translate all that well - I'm 'merican - so you'll probably get a "quit whining and eat already."

message 10: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Pfft. I'll just ask my neighbor. She's a REAL Korean.

message 11: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! | 443 comments Pssh...well, okay.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Eh? Eh! wrote: "Pssh...well, okay."

you know Eh, a long time a go i found myself in a similar situation... a friend had a problem with her laptop, and i wanted to help her... so i decided to offer my help! i was saying something of how i know a little about computers.. and if she wanted me i could do it for her! i was using eddie's phone to type the message and i gave it to him to check my spelling... and when he read it he was all mad and shit! he asked me "what is this Lerch?" (he knew i liked the chick) and i'm like i dont wanna sound all arrogant and stupid man! and he got mad and explained me that nobody want to trust and important task to somebody who "knows a little bit about xxx" people want the guy/chick who is awesome! and he re-wrote my message! and he actually got me into the chicks house by the next day! it was great! the thing is! that you need to learn how to sell yourself better! like that job teacher told you on that review you wrote! it's all about getting in! after you in you can improvise your way through! i think greatchen should take a picture of the place... and go to her 100% Korean friend... and post a picture for you here! and let's see who comes up with the best (and by best i mean amusing) translation of the damn thing! and you get a chance to show her what you got! (remember to use a skirt for the translation presentation!!!)

message 13: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Yeah, Eh. There's no way you're getting in my pants with that attitude.

message 14: by The Crimson Fucker (last edited Sep 07, 2010 09:41AM) (new)

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments yesterday we had an scenario where Greatchen and Eh! could get into a catfight... today we have what seems like a Greatchen that's interested in Eh! trying to get into her pants... i dont know if i'm mad at me, or proud of me! as usual i'm confused!

message 15: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Smetchie wrote: "@Eh: Are you Korean?"

I always thought Eh was Hmong.........or Basque.

message 16: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! | 443 comments Whatever I am, I could keel you where you sit spilling over the sides of your office chair.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments i hate how that sentence makes sense inside my head =(

message 18: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) You're gonna lay Rusty's keel? what?

message 19: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Tahitian? Mongolian? Swedish? Sri Lankan?

message 20: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments My neighbor said it's a restaurant where pork is the star dish. I guess that explains the "pig princess" but I still don't understand where the "chicken land" came from. I have to ask her in person. It was too complicated for texting.

message 21: by Malbadeen (new)

Malbadeen I was here

message 22: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments No you weren't.

My neighbor also said this sign is "Konglish" and "so embarassing." She said the korean is nothing to do with chicken or pig or princess. She also said the restaurant is "ok if you feel like pork."