Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > Battery Issues

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raggedyann (new)

Raggedyann | 62 comments Has anyone had issues with the Nook's battery? I had one but it wouldn't hold a charge so I sent it back. I really like the Nook over the Kindle but I'm concerned about trying it again because of the battery.

message 2: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments I haven't really had any problems with the battery. Within the first month or so sometimes my Nook would freeze and I had to take out the battery and put it back in and recharge it. This is common for a lot of people. But I haven't had any problems since. I also got one for my mom she had the same problem, but now it is all better. Her only problem was that one of the pixels in her screen died, so she got another new one. Don't worry it all passes and I absolutely love mine! :)

message 3: by Jamie (JK) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) I've had mine for a little over a month now and have had no issues with it. Why didn't you just exchange it?

message 4: by Raggedyann (last edited Sep 07, 2010 08:36AM) (new)

Raggedyann | 62 comments I should have exchanged it. After I got it and had problems, Amazon announced the new Kindle. Since it was lighter weight, I thought I would try that. I hated it. It's dark, the keyboard is clunky, and the interface felt clunky. I have been using the iPad, but it's too heavy for me to hold for long. (I have arthritis in both hands.) I gave the Kindle to my husband and I'm back on the iPad, so I'm thinking about trying the Nook again. I wanted to know first, tho, if the batty issue was an anomaly or a common problem.

message 5: by Jamie (JK) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) Oh, okay.

It seems like a random problem that people have. It's sort of common, but not common enough to guarantee you'll have it. I'd check out the B&N forums about battery issues as well since there are a lot of threads about it there - and more activity. Sadly this group isn't too active.

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen | 4 comments I had a battery issue. BN sent me a new battery no charge and now it works great. They asked no questions, so it must be known issue

message 7: by Raggedyann (new)

Raggedyann | 62 comments We don't have a B&N store here, so it's good to know they will send a battery.

message 8: by George (new)

George (compacta_d) | 14 comments I've had mine for about a month now and have not had any issues. I'll definitely post if anything changes though.

message 9: by Stan (new)

Stan Paulsen (stansbooks) | 13 comments My daughters nook froze up and holding the power button down for 20 seconds didn't restart it. Even pulling the battery out and putting it back in didn't do the trick.

I took the fully charged battery out of my own nook, put it in hers and viola! It woke up. I put hers in mine, which was totally off at the time, and let it charge over night and it worked fine after that.

message 10: by Raggedyann (new)

Raggedyann | 62 comments That's a good tip! Thanks!