Warhammer 40,000 Fiction discussion

First Heretic Trailer

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNRPsq...

Sounds good, but I feel in some ways that I think we already know what has happened given the events of the other HH novels.

message 2: by Sarah (last edited Sep 22, 2010 11:42PM) (new)

Sarah Davis (keamymayloken) | 61 comments It sounds really interesting, I really want to read it! But that won't happen till school is over:/ Only 12 weeks to go after this one!:P

message 3: by Colin (new)

Colin | 23 comments Brian wrote: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNRPsq...

Sounds good, but I feel in some ways that I think we already know what has happened given the events of the other HH novels."

But isn't that true of most of the HH books?

message 4: by Brian (last edited Sep 23, 2010 01:12PM) (new)

Brian Colin wrote: "Brian wrote: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNRPsq...

Sounds good, but I feel in some ways that I think we already know what has happened given the events of the other HH novels."

But isn'..."

Yes and no. For example things in Legion were kind of new and even in others we have background but not a fully fleshed out story. But from the first three heresy books we know the Word Bearers have changed and we know that Lorgar has been swayed by choas. It just seems strange to tell this story. But I am sure it will be entertaining.

message 5: by John (new)

John (angryjohnny) | 57 comments I'd think that it's going to go into detail about his slip into Chaos. All we know now is the general idea.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Davis (keamymayloken) | 61 comments I'm looking forward to the detail...because it almost seems like one day everythng was all good then he got told off and right afterward he was worken with Khaos.I know there must have been a lot of other things that happened in order to casue that to happen(I call it Khaos becasue that was how I first saw it spelled)

message 7: by Tim (last edited Dec 09, 2010 09:41AM) (new)

Tim | 29 comments If you guys haven't read The First Heretic by now I would highly suggest it. Easily one of my favorite Horus Heresy novels.

Overall there's really not much action going on, but the relationships and insights in to the superhuman players is very well done. If you've read the other HH novels before, then you've read of the fall of primarchs to Chaos, but none of them have been like this.

Honestly I went in to this not really liking the Word Bearers or Lorgar, having got impressions of them from Erebus and other snippets in the other books. While I still don't like Lorgar that much, the story of the fall of his Legion was almost heart breaking.

When you go see a play of West Side Story, or Hamlet--or anything else where you know how it turns out--you don't go see it because you want to be surprised by the plot, you go because you want to see the characters shine and brought to life. You go because you want to feel something about the story instead of having the cold memory of the facts. Don't let knowing what happens stop you from reading this book. That being said, there will be some surprises in for you.

message 8: by John (new)

John (angryjohnny) | 57 comments I've picked up my copy of the First Heretic but I've got some books in the series to read through before I can get to it. (I'm on The Battle for the Abyss right now)

I'm anxious to get to it though as I really enjoy the HH Series and would love to get into some detail of how it happen.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Davis (keamymayloken) | 61 comments Tim wrote: "If you guys haven't read The First Heretic by now I would highly suggest it. Easily one of my favorite Horus Heresy novels.

Overall there's really not much action going on, but the ..."

It was really good you where right!