Creative Writing discussion

Other > Let's see what we can do!

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

John x (radishfriends) | 867 comments Mod
So i was thinking, and i realized that we have several great ideas for stories being written. So i was wondering, if when we are done with a book. If we could edit it and then submit it for publication under all the peoples names that wrote in it.

Of course it would take a lot of editing. But still, a great idea is a great idea and the hardest part would be over, which would be writing the story line.

If that happens i think that we should make a whole website where we do this. Instead of POS'ing on goodreads, we'd have a website where it would be password protected so that no one would steal the ideas while they are in progress.

If this does work and we are able to publish books, then we would probably get a lot of people that would like to join. So with the website, i think that it should have a password so that only the people that we invite in are allowed to write with us. And if it becomes that too many people are joining. We could always have a contest every year and we choose the top 10 writers to be in with us.

And if we do get this website, we should have a name for the writing group. Instead of the authors name (because we couldn't fit all our names on the cover of a book) i think that we should have a group name for all of us. Then our books would be published under that name.

I might add more to this later, just tell me what you think. Of course this is thinking about 2 or 3 or 4 years into the future, but you never know. So just tell me any questions, comments, or concerns!

(S) Asami Seo Hyun 桜연꽃 꽃 | 1050 comments Mod
That is a great idea! But i think that the less writers the better, just due to the fact that the writers who really understand the ideas and stories do it.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

wow! that would take a lot of work but it would be awesome

yeah, but im up to it! its a summer job!

message 5: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

it really is. But still. We are still going to write during the school year. so its whenever one gets done.

message 6: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) | 688 comments This is called
Fan-Fiction
Except we're not fans of anything but our own writing.

lol, yes, but i think it can be done

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

how is it fan-fiction? i thought that's when you wrote your own spoofs of stuff, like harry potter or twilight

idk, it is one of those things that they dont teach you in english class, a term that i dont know...

message 10: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

it's not like fan fiction!

Fan fiction is when your a FAN of something in the media, and then you write a story based off of something that is already written.

We are writing from the mind. Nothing has been pre-written and we aren't coping any ideas... so... it's not at all like fan fiction.

message 11: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) | 688 comments Okay.
But sometimes in groups they make a fan fiction and the whole group contributes.

message 12: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

okay... but i don't see how this is fan fiction :P

but what ever. as long as it's our ideas and that we publish something!

What should be our group name?

I was thinking like:
-Posh
-Nobel

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I like Ink for some reason. You're mod title is all I can think of.

that is a good one!!! i dont think any of you would like mine...

message 15: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

just say it. It probably would be cool.

message 16: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) | 688 comments Me is having a brain fart DX
All I can think of is
Legend...but I mean lame.

message 17: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

Thats not bad

gyejeol - korean for seasons
Inku - ink on japanese

message 19: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

Inku! thats awesome

really? oh.... cool! XD

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

i think inku is my fav so far

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

you know john, you could always make a super secret group on here. no one can see it, and only people that are invited can see it. you could do that instead of a website.

oh that would be intresting..

message 24: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

i might as well do that if this takes off.

i hope it does. I LOVE THIS!

message 26: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) | 688 comments I like Inku...
o

XD me too. But were not going to get much done with how slow this is going...

message 28: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) | 688 comments Lmao. yeah...

Lmao?

message 30: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) | 688 comments basically laughing

oh! Hey does John still do goodreads?

message 32: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

i might get my internet canceled. But i do sometimes still come one goodreads.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

john!!!! you're alive!!

YES! WE MISSED YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!

message 35: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

im alive and well. I'm doing nano wrimo. 50,000 words in 30 days, i was going to have us do it here. But it i just didn't find the time.

once im done i'll let you all read it if you want.

Yes! please john! We miss you a ton! Have fun!

message 37: by Kat (new)

Kat (sugaraddict) | 688 comments I was doing NaNo,
but I'm too lazy.
So I cgave up.
XD

Is Nano like hero quest?

message 39: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

no. NanoWrimo- Nation Novel Writing Month

It is a website- www.nanowrimo.org - that sets the goal of write a 50,000 word novel within the 30 days of november.

It is a very time consuming goal. It takes about 2 hours out of everyday. So about 60 hours is sent just writing in the month of november.

What i am writing is a continuation off of last years. So my ultimate goal is 100,000+ words, to finish it. This is what it is about:

Synopsis: Eye for an Eye

Revenge, Family, Lying! Every card is played when Zach and his sister Anna run into a renegade criminal in a new dimension they ended up in when Zach started the worst fight he ever had with his mother.
Ever since two months ago, everything has been going from bad to worse. Profiling is done, lies are told, and what was fiction becomes fact as the accused criminal, Kerun, is forced to do crimes to clear his name from the king's list.
Four different countries, with four different lifestyles, with four different characters who come together to make or break each other, none of them have a clue what they are doing.

But in the end, they all have to learn that lying, stealing, and most of all revenge affects everyone, even if they are not involved. Never take an Eye for and Eye.

Excerpt: Eye for an Eye

“Father no!” She yelled and was grabbed again.
“Come on Samantha! It is not safe here, we must go!” Her mom yelled and tried to pull her back.
Samantha still struggled to break free and stay. “No mom! They have guns! FATHER!” She cried.
Another gunshot was fired. Samantha heard a whizzing noise pass her ear and some of her hairs flew up.
An ear piercing scream came from behind Samantha.
Her mother stopped shaking her and Samantha heard a crash of something to the ground.
Samantha dropped to her knees and refused to look back because she would be afraid of what she knew she would see.
“Mother… “She whispered. “Mother! Mother please no!” She yelled and finally stood and turned around to look at the body of her mom, blood covering her face.

ooh! i want to read the whole thing!!!

message 41: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

i'll e-mail it to you. i just don't trust it on the internet, just so that people don't steal my ideas.

but thanks. I should be done soon. I'm expecting 10,000 more words and then i'll be done.

wow! you know so many words! I have to basically right with a translation dictionary and the thing that gives you words!

message 43: by John, (~^u^~)V (new)

lol thats funny.

But i now that that is done, i'll be making a couple adjustments to these forums.

Expect them soon.

okay!!