The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > New Member - Southpaw

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by southpaw285 (new)

southpaw285 Hi, I just joined TNBBC a few days ago. This looks like a very fun group. I'm looking forward to the monthly reads/discussions. I hope to start The Remains of the Day sometime next week.

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol Welcome southpaw285. This was the first group I joined then I went crazy and joined more than I could juggle. hahahahahaha that's what happens ,plus your book shelves will crumble under the weight of all the to be read and read books.

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10060 comments Mod
Hi Southpaw. Thanks for joining. I am happy to hear that you are planning to join us for the monthly read. Can't wait to see what you think.

message 4: by southpaw285 (new)

southpaw285 Thanks Carol and Lori.

Carol, you are absolutely right about the growing TBR. I used to keep track of all the books I wanted to read on an excel spreadsheet. Then, just over a year ago, I stumbled on to the GoodReads site. I have no idea where that spreadsheet even is right now. I couldn't find it if my life depended on it. And since I have a different computer now than I had then, the list is completely gone. However, I know (that I know, that I know) it did not have near the amount of TBR books as I now have. Oh well, the joy of reading.

Lori, The Remains of the Day is a book I've been wanting to read for along time. I can't wait to get started on it.