Chicks On Lit discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Other Hot Book Discussions > November nominations Poll CLOSED

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
November Nomination guide

** First 12 nominations will be up for a vote.

** Please post title AND author, no other info needed.

** NO need for seconding or voting at this point. Once the nominations are in I'll create a poll for voting.

** If you nominate a book and it wins YOU will need to lead the discussion or make arrangements for someone else to do that. PLEASE keep that in mind when you nominate a book and remember this is for November so you might want to check your schedule if you're traveling for the holiday.

** Top two vote getters will be our books for Nov.

** Authors may not nominate their own books.

Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) I would like to nominate The Lotus Eaters. It is a love story of a female war photographer in Vietnam who is loved by two men.

message 4: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

message 8: by Rebecca (last edited Sep 11, 2010 09:03AM) (new)

Rebecca Daughters of the Stone

message 9: by Roberta (new)

Roberta (wwwgoodreadscomrooonuma) | 59 comments I'd like to see another Lisa See up there Peony in Love or Shanghai Girls

message 10: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
Roberta wrote: "I'd like to see another Lisa See up there Peony in Love or Shanghai Girls"

pick one to nominate

message 12: by Regine (new)

Regine Beloved by Toni Morrison

message 13: by Donna (new)

Donna Greene (donaverde) | 9 comments Tall Grass by Sandra Dallas

message 14: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 1274 comments Oh the nominations are great so far! Loved Snow Falling On Cedars and Beloved and have Tall Grass and Henry Oades on my shelves! This is too exciting!

message 15: by Tracy (last edited Sep 12, 2010 11:31AM) (new)

Tracy Phillips I might be a bit late with this post. It looks like 12 suggestions have already been submitted. Nonetheless I would like to nominate the book "At the Dark End of the Street" by Danielle L. McGuire. Also can anyone tell me how you create a link to books you are referring to in posts?

message 16: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments Tracy, at the top right of the comment box there is a link "add book/author". Enter the name of the book or author after you click that link.

message 17: by Tracy (last edited Sep 12, 2010 11:28AM) (new)

Tracy Phillips Cindy:
I see it, thanks :o) Let me try it out.At the Dark End of the Street
Tracy

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahsaysread) I think that makes 11 nominations... a Lisa See novel from message 10 was never decided on.

message 19: by Megan (new)

Megan I would second the Lisa See novel of Shanghai Girls.

message 20: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2563 comments Mod
I'm going to take Megan's second as the nomination for Shanghai Girls and close this thread. Poll to follow.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.