One Million Pages Per Lifetime discussion

Archive 1.0 - VR, BR, & MBOM > October Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakiya (last edited Sep 05, 2010 04:27PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Okay so you know what to do!!

(For those of you who don't, use this topic to nominate 2 or 3 books on your TBR shelf/pile that you would love to get out of the way in Oct., and would like to read with others who are interested!)

I haven't really done this before, but...

This month, I would like to try to have a theme. For halloween, try to suggest books that have paranormal creatures in them. Vampires, werewolves, witches/ wizards, ghosts, zombies, etc. Be sure to tell us what creature is featured in the book! :D

message 2: by Zakiya (last edited Sep 05, 2010 09:05PM) (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Okay so this month I will nominate...

Moonlight (Dark Guardian, #1) by Rachel Hawthorne Moonlight (shape-shifters); Eighth Grade Bites (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #1) by Heather Brewer Eighth Grade Bites (vampires); Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Shiver (werewolves).

message 3: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Mmmm...well I don't know about the theme thing. I thought part of the reason we were doing 2 books was if people didn't like a certain genre or to give variety. Well I will put my suggestions as:

Night World No. 1 Secret Vampire; Daughters of Darkness; Spellbinder by L.J. Smith & Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

message 4: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) IDK. We can not do the the theme. Doesn't matter to me. Just thought it would be cool for October.

Thanks for the suggetsions! :D

message 5: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Andrea nominated Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Paranormalcy, and Elyssa nominated Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick Hush, Hush. Thanks for the suggestions, ladies! :P

message 6: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (jencey) How about The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger .

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather (nickyblue7) | 486 comments i nominate Ruined A Ghost Story by Paula Morris , The Body Finder (Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly Derting and Sisters Red (Sisters Red, #1) by Jackson Pearce

message 8: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Thanks to Jencey and Heather!

message 9: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Okay, the poll will start tomorrow morning, probably sometime after noon. Get ready to cast your votes! All of the books you have suggested have been officially nominated and will show up on the poll. Have a great weekend, and happy reading,

Zakiya

message 10: by Andrez (new)

message 11: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Thanks, Leo! Going to make the poll right now. :)

message 12: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) THE POLL IS UP!!!