The Manga Zone discussion

Seinen & Josei (Around 16 & Up) > Genshiken + Kujibiki Unbalanced

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), WRRRRY! (last edited Sep 05, 2010 02:57PM) (new)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 3807 comments Mod
Genshiken
College freshman and ACG lover Kanji Sasahara settled down his extracurricular activity in Genshiken (The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture) in order to become a true and thorough otaku. Meanwhile, Saki Kasukabe, the girlfriend of another freshman Genshiken member (also a bishounen) Makoto Kohsaka, was dragged into Genshiken's otaku-ish activities reluctantly, yet her resentful attitude towards otakus is changing without her notice.

If you've heard of Kujibiki Unbalanced, Genshiken is where that orignated.

Kujibiki Unbalanced
Chihiro has been cursed with bad luck all his life, but all that changes when he wins a mysterious lottery that earns him a spot at the prestigious Rikkyoin High School, a strange place where everything is decided by chance - even who gets appointed to the student council. Although Chihiro has drawn the winning ticket, this is no ordinary honor. Each day the student-council members must risk their lives to save the school from various forces of evil.

Genshiken is the number 1 Otaku anime/manga about Otakus.

message 2: by Alienne (new)

Alienne | 334 comments GENSHIKEN IS EPIC.
That is all. xD

message 3: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), WRRRRY! (new)

Alienne wrote: "GENSHIKEN IS EPIC.
That is all. xD"

It is really epic.

message 4: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), WRRRRY! (last edited Sep 25, 2010 12:28PM) (new)

But then again there was that episode in season 2...that episode that is mainly for yaoi fangirls...>_< I only got to see the un-subbed version of it when it first came out...
And I just started the manga so I'm still a beginner on it..

Genshiken has a better opening to Kujibiki Unblanced, the actual anime's opening is just bland and cliche.