Terminalcoffee discussion

Celebrate > Jim -- we will miss you here > Jim returns to raucous Jim-love

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) No way to know what your reasons were. You have been a staple here. Hope you come back soon. Who will welcome the newbies with such regularity?

message 2: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11628 comments He was frightened by a spider.

message 3: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments He looks to be off facebook, too, unless I'm not looking in the right places. I don't know what's up, but I respect his decision, and I wish him the best.

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17322 comments Mod
I've felt the urge to do the same many, many times. Come back anytime, friend!

message 5: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments It was great being able to connect with you here, Jim. I wish you all the best.

message 6: by Phoenix (new)

Phoenix (phoenixapb) | 1619 comments I'm holding out hope that his accounts got hacked and his computer had to be wiped and reinstalled or something...not that it's a fun thing to go through...but that way his absence will only be temporary.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I am certainly going to miss him. I really hope everything is well with him. He greeted my friend request with a 'Hell yes' which made my day.

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments hmmmmmm

message 9: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24153 comments Mod
It is odd to delete one's whole account rather than just letting it go dormant....but people must have their reasons.

message 10: by Heidi (last edited Sep 05, 2010 08:20PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments :( COME BACK, JIM!!!! COME BAAACK!

I still haven't beaten you in scrabble yet. Plus, who am I gonna send to the ficus from now on? I'm terribly upset about this.

message 11: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments i'll miss jim.

message 12: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Jim left? Like, formally?

message 13: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I think all we know is that his account is deleted. That could mean he deleted it, or GR did. They delete accounts when someone is a spammer or has otherwise committed some huge violation. Which seems unlikely in Jim's case...

message 14: by Knarik (new)

Knarik OHhhhhhhhhhhh, I will miss him! I am not here often, but whenever I am there are several people whose comments I try to read and follow their recommendations, Jim is one of them. He was so comfortable to speak to.

message 15: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7085 comments I miss Jim too.

message 16: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Jim just friend requested me!

message 17: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yay!

message 18: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Larry wrote: "Yay!"

you stole my response.

message 19: by Lori (new)

Lori Yes he friended me too! Yippee!

message 20: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Yeah, I just found out the hard way, that when you try to clean stuff up on your computer, DO NOT cancel you're Goodreads account. It does not inactivate it like Facebook. Sorry, for the confusion, I did this on Saturday afternoon, and then went away till last night. You guys brought tears to my eyes with the kind words, thanks so much, now to try and figure out where I was with everything. I will try to refriend every one, but feel free to send me a friend request too. I repeat DO NOT delete a Goodreads account.

message 21: by Félix (last edited Sep 07, 2010 07:39AM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) Jim who?

message 22: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11628 comments I still think it was the spiders.

message 23: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Jim wrote: "Yeah, I just found out the hard way, that when you try to clean stuff up on your computer, DO NOT cancel you're Goodreads account. It does not inactivate it like Facebook. Sorry, for the confusio..."

welcome back, jim. and it's your, not you're.

message 24: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yes! Nail his ass about his grammar! He deserves it, disappearing like that...:)

message 25: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) haha janine.

message 26: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments Darn I wanted to think of Lobstergirl's suggestion that some huge internet violation had been commited. Welcome back Jim.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Hell yes! :D

message 28: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Cambridge wrote: "Darn I wanted to think of Lobstergirl's suggestion that some huge internet violation had been commited. Welcome back Jim."

Haha, not this time, just trying to clear up some funky things that are going on with the computer, so was trying to clear out all connections to see if the problem was in there. A reinstall of Windows didn't do the trick, so was trying to uninstall and reinstall everything, but it became time to go party about half way done, and then life got in the way the rest of the weekend.

Thanks for the correction janine, it is hard to type on here with a fellow employee sitting in front of my desk, and not trying to let on that I'm not doing actual work while I am talking to him.

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Yay, welcome back!

message 30: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments the rumor of jim's demise has been greatly exaggerated

message 31: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments dude, glad you are back but i was so hoping you were involved in some spy scandal and had to erase your current identity, shave your head and grow a big bushy beard and slip off into obscurity in Costa Rica with about $750k of someone else's money

instead, you pushed delete

message 32: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments I was hoping for an espionage story too. But it's great that you're back Jim, even if you aren't James/Jim Bond.

...or are you?

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha ha. I like Kevins theory much better than Jims lame story.

message 34: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) It's funny, but I've never seen Jim and James Bond at the same time. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

message 35: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "dude, glad you are back but i was so hoping you were involved in some spy scandal and had to erase your current identity, shave your head and grow a big bushy beard and slip off into obscurity in C..."

Well don't look out your window, cause you'll see me sitting in the silver car parked half a block down the street keeping track of your every move via a GPS chip that I slipped into your hot sauce that you put on your eggs for breakfast. Glad to see you washed your hands after your trip to the powder room too. You do know the men's room is right across the hall right?

message 36: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments gulp

message 37: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments LOL

message 38: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Barb wrote: "*is enjoying Jim's spunk*"

Really, what can one say to this? :-)

message 39: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Now that that's all cleared up, to the ficus with you, Jim.

DON'T EVER GO AWAY AGAIN or I will fang you up.

message 40: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7085 comments I had to look up spunk on urban dictionary. D'oh!

message 41: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Hi Jim!

message 42: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments ::waves to Smetchie::

message 43: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Jim wrote: "::waves to Smetchie::"

(you better be waving from behind the ficus)

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

But Barb, you can't edit msg 46. It's there forever to haunt you. You bad girl.

message 45: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I guess the lesson here is: don't attempt to computer troubleshoot wasted.

Thank God Jim and RA can now continue to compare weather across the breadth of their state. The loss of that meteorological data was bringing me close to tears.

message 46: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Anyone else notice that Jim's former "bi-curious" shelf is now called "curious-about?"

message 47: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments whoa whoa whoa....

jim WAS bi-curious?

message 48: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "whoa whoa whoa....

jim WAS bi-curious?"

there's a reason he spies on you.

message 49: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "whoa whoa whoa....

jim WAS bi-curious?"

Wow, even I didn't know this, a whole new world has been opened up to me.

Yes, Heidi I was waving from behind the ficus, whilst eating cheetos and drinking beer.

::hands box of kleenex to LG just incase we forget about the weather for awhile::

message 50: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Jim wrote: "
Yes, Heidi I was waving from behind the ficus, wh..."

Just checking. Stay there.

« previous 1