Military Science Fiction discussion

Harrington by David Weber

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricrk (new)

Patricrk patrick | 29 comments I just finished reading the first book of the series.
On Basilisk Station (Honor Harrington, #1) by David Weber David Weber David Weber This answers a lot of the questions I had from reading most of the series out of order. A good read and sets the tone for the rest of the series.

message 2: by Patricrk (new)

Patricrk patrick | 29 comments I just finished The Shadow of Saganami (Honorverse Talbot #1) by David Weber David Weber David Weber There is a character named Abigail Hearns who is a Gryphon Holders daughter who is in the Manicore navy. This mentions a run in she had with pirates apparently on Gryphon. Does anyone know if that is covered in one of the other books?

message 3: by Nashoa (new)

Nashoa | 3 comments It's covered in one of the short story collections. It is in "The Service of the Sword", with the same title in that anthology.

If you have the CD of all the previous books it should be on there.

message 4: by Patricrk (new)

Patricrk patrick | 29 comments Nashoa wrote: "It's covered in one of the short story collections. It is in "The Service of the Sword", with the same title in that anthology.

If you have the CD of all the previous books it should be on there."

thanks. I don't have the cd but I think i know where I can get that anthology.

message 5: by Przemek (new)

Przemek (przemo_li) | 11 comments Best SF saga I've ever read! And On Basilisk Station is best book I've read.

message 6: by Patricrk (new)

Patricrk patrick | 29 comments Just finished Mission of Honor (Honor Harrington, #12) by David Weber and A Rising Thunder (Honor Harrington, #13) by David Weber . Both are very entertaining.

message 7: by Patricrk (new)

Patricrk patrick | 29 comments Just finished Shadow of Freedom (Honor Harrington, #14) by David Weber

Further adventures of Abagail Hearns and Helen Zy...
The Measan are making promises in the name of Manticore.

message 8: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jeditimothy) | 16 comments en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse

Go here and this will give a chronological reading order with all the short storiesn also for those who have a nook all the books except On Basilisk Station (Honor Harrington, #1) by David Weber but it is free on the kindle app.

message 9: by Przemek (new)

Przemek (przemo_li) | 11 comments ITS FREE on publisher site too!

message 10: by Marcus_aurelius (new)

Marcus_aurelius | 1 comments Like the series... The writing is ( more or less) the best thus far that I've seen from military sci fi.... I don't know what it is about sci-fi, but a lot of times the writing seems poor, and or the character development is lacking, and or something else that I can't quite put my finger on... But not in this series.

Also, it combines military sci-fi with survivalist fiction, ( if that sub genre doesn't already exist then I am coining it as a genre :D) one of my other genre "loves". ( "Lovers"? Instead? IDK)