The Jezebel Book Network discussion

General Discussion > Favorite Authors

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (last edited Sep 06, 2010 06:32PM) (new)

Nicole  (nimabu) | 22 comments Mod
Who are your favorite authors?

I'm a huge F. Scott Fitzgerald fan and have enjoyed the books I've read by Kurt Vonnegut. I'm looking forward to reading more books by Michael Chabon and Jonathan Franzen (franzenfeud!!).

message 2: by Katie (strict) (new)

Katie (strict) (strict) | 5 comments Murakami for me and Donna Tartt. Zadie Smith to a lesser degree.

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole  (nimabu) | 22 comments Mod
Katie wrote: "Murakami for me and Donna Tartt. Zadie Smith to a lesser degree."

I read Donna Tartt's secret history but wasn't sure if I should pick up The Little Friend or not.

message 4: by Desiree (new)

Desiree (wickedlittlehigh) | 20 comments Nicole wrote: "Katie wrote: "Murakami for me and Donna Tartt. Zadie Smith to a lesser degree."

I read Donna Tartt's secret history but wasn't sure if I should pick up The Little Friend or not."

I liked The Little Friend far far more than the Secret History. I would say give it a shot.

message 5: by Desiree (new)

Desiree (wickedlittlehigh) | 20 comments There are quite a few, I'll put it into two categories.
Classic: Jane Austen, John Steinbeck, and W. Somerset Maugham.

Contemporary: Jonathan Tropper, John Irving, Jennifer Weiner, and Alice Hoffman.

message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul | 2 comments I like William Gibson a lot, Neil Gaiman, and I have recently discovered Melissa Fay Greene.

message 9: by Queenjulie (new)

Queenjulie | 2 comments Lynn Sharon Schwartz, who wrote "Disturbances in the Field." It's my all-time most loved book. I've probably read it 30 or 40 times. It's about a woman's life, from an idyllic summer at the beach when she was a child, to making a group of friends at college who become her lifelong friends, and then the book suddenly stops, and Part II begins with a horrific tragedy happening to her, and how she goes on with her life after it.