The Jezebel Book Network discussion

General Discussion > Plans for the Group

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (last edited Sep 04, 2010 05:36PM) (new)

Nicole  (nimabu) | 22 comments Mod
What would you like out of this group other than just displacing your book talk from GT over to this group?

I'd like to add that anyone can start discussions, add books, and create events. I don't have sole control of the group, so feel free to post anything you want.

Megan (sheilagirl) | 3 comments Some sort of book club maybe? I know there is a Jezebel book club but I'm kind of out of the loop. Also, book reviews from members will to contribute would be awesome.

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Megan wrote: "Some sort of book club maybe? I know there is a Jezebel book club but I'm kind of out of the loop. Also, book reviews from members will to contribute would be awesome."

What I heard is they tried to, but it kinda fizzled.

message 4: by Desiree (new)

Desiree (wickedlittlehigh) | 20 comments Nicole wrote: "Megan wrote: "Some sort of book club maybe? I know there is a Jezebel book club but I'm kind of out of the loop. Also, book reviews from members will to contribute would be awesome."

What I heard ..."

Yeah I was doing it on FB, but after all of the new changes I find it harder to find my groups. I liked the book club idea, there are books I would have never read if they were not picked,

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Desiree wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Megan wrote: "Some sort of book club maybe? I know there is a Jezebel book club but I'm kind of out of the loop. Also, book reviews from members will to contribute would be awesome."..."

How did you go about picking books, etc.? Earlier this year I was part of an online book club, we voted on books and had like an ongoing discussion of a few books so every month there were like three book choices and people would read what they wanted but they would also read their own books.

message 6: by Desiree (new)

Desiree (wickedlittlehigh) | 20 comments Nicole wrote: "Desiree wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Megan wrote: "Some sort of book club maybe? I know there is a Jezebel book club but I'm kind of out of the loop. Also, book reviews from members will to contribute wo..."

I actually do not know how the books were picked. In the beginning the group moderators would choose two books, and you could read one or both. Towards the end they would have a list of 5, and use one of those survey sites for us to choose the one to read.

Jennifer (alexburrito) Nicole wrote: "Megan wrote: "Some sort of book club maybe? I know there is a Jezebel book club but I'm kind of out of the loop. Also, book reviews from members will to contribute would be awesome."

What I heard ..."

I could never find/keep track of it since it was in a separate hashtag. Unless you remembered to check it, you missed it. I'd be interested in a book club too.

Jennifer (alexburrito) An aside: I added my Jez name so you all would know who I was. Should we recommend this for members? It'd be cool to know who was who.

message 9: by Claire (Tea & Oranges) (last edited Sep 05, 2010 05:33PM) (new)

Claire (Tea & Oranges) (Tea_And_Oranges) | 3 comments That's a good idea! I added mine, too.

ETA: I added it as my username, but I'm still showing up as just Claire. Hmmm. Did you just put it in parantheses next to your first name?

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Good idea Jennifer, I have the same pic as I do on Jez but how did you get it to show?