Read After Your Bedtime Books discussion

Monthly Challenges > September Challenge ---> 2010

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) | 201 comments Mod
We've provided three different things to do for this challenge to help make it a little diverse!

~~Read a book whose cover is predominantly a fall color (orange, red, brown, yellow; we will accept purple for this).

~~The Chinese Moon Festival takes place in September. Read a book with a moon on the cover, that's related to the moon or China, takes place in China, or has "moon" or "China" in the title.

~~National Dog Week this year is being celebrated during the fourth week of of September. Read a book featuring a man's best friend!

For those of you who would like to start reading today or tomorrow, that is fine and all books read will be accepted. :)

Happy Reading!!

message 2: by Zakiya (last edited Sep 18, 2010 12:22PM) (new)

Here's my official "trying" list for this challenge:

1. Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Catching Fire/ Suzanne Collins (color)

2. Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry (Logans # 1) by Mildred D. Taylor Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry/ Mildred D. Taylor (color)

3. Wicked Witch & Curse (Wicked, #1-2) by Nancy Holder Wicked; Witch and Curse/ Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie (color and moon)

4. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo/ Stieg Larsson (color; Kindle Edition, but going by the cover of a paperback copy)

5. School's Out - Forever (Maximum Ride, #2) by James Patterson School's Out - Forever/ James Patterson (color)

6. Let the Circle Be Unbroken ( logan 2) by Mildred D. Taylor Let the Circle Be Unbroken/ Mildred D. Taylor (color)

message 3: by Kate (last edited Sep 08, 2010 12:07PM) (new)

Kate (katemreads) | 197 comments Mod
Cool themes! The only book that I'm currently reading and fits is:
1.) Insatiable by Meg Cabot Insatiable by Meg Cabot (Fall color red)

2.) Wicked Witch & Curse (Wicked, #1-2) by Nancy Holder Wicked: Witch & Curse(Moon) I've been meaning to reread this one.

I'll try to add some more as I go along

message 4: by Zakiya (new)

Awesome! What's Insatiable about?