Amazon Kindle discussion

Goodreads & kindle

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steven (new)

Steven (leadershap) | 1 comments I was thinking it would be good to have some kind of opt-in connection between my Kindle acct & Goodreads. I'm fairly new here, so forgive me if this exists & I haven't found it yet.

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiequito) | 11 comments I never thought of it Steven, but I do not think that there is one. Anyone else know?

message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Kaufman (andrewekaufman) What a great idea! Have you contacted them at all to see if it is (or will be) available? Amazon is such a forward-thinking company, they'd probably be receptive to it.

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I think of this often -- I would much prefer to publish a quote or highlight as a status rather than on twitter or FB. There is a goodreads suggestion group, but I have been too shy to make the suggestion: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/1...

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert | 58 comments Sounds like a fantastic idea to me!

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelah110) | 82 comments Steven wrote: "I was thinking it would be good to have some kind of opt-in connection between my Kindle acct & Goodreads. I'm fairly new here, so forgive me if this exists & I haven't found it yet."
That is a great Idea I'd rather link to goodreads than facebook anyday.

message 7: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) So who is going to post the suggestion in the Goodreads Feedback group? I will email Amazon. :)

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelah110) | 82 comments I have suggested before, honestly they are very gracious and the process is painless :). I will post but the more requests the better the results I think.

message 9: by Connie (new)

Connie Faull | 80 comments Steven wrote: "I was thinking it would be good to have some kind of opt-in connection between my Kindle acct & Goodreads. I'm fairly new here, so forgive me if this exists & I haven't found it yet."

I'm not sure what you mean by "opt in" but if you mean that the books in our Kindle acount could be easily transferred to our Goodreads account, that would be great. Instead of having to constantly spend the time here searching for the book and then adding to the TBR. Great idea.

message 10: by Angela (last edited Sep 06, 2010 10:45AM) (new)

Angela (angelah110) | 82 comments Connie wrote:
"I'm not sure what you mean by "opt in" but if you mean that the books in our Kindle acount could be easily transferred to our Goodreads account, that would be great."

I sent in a request/suggestion to Goodreads about a Goodreads app for the Kindle, so we could have quotes,book updates, etc from our Kindle go directly to Goodreads. That's what I would like to see anyway..Although having booklists synch up would be great.

message 11: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I have just posted in the GR suggestions/feedbacks group -- come support the suggestion! GR/Kindle Link

message 12: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Connie wrote: "Steven wrote: "I was thinking it would be good to have some kind of opt-in connection between my Kindle acct & Goodreads. I'm fairly new here, so forgive me if this exists & I haven't found it yet..."

I actually love that process. :)

message 13: by Connie (new)

Connie Faull | 80 comments Regina wrote: "Connie wrote: "Steven wrote: "I was thinking it would be good to have some kind of opt-in connection between my Kindle acct & Goodreads. I'm fairly new here, so forgive me if this exists & I haven..."

I don't know what it is with Goodreads and both of my computers, but the process is very slow. It takes forever if I want to change my view from "currently reading" to either the "read" list or the "to be read" list.

message 14: by Julian (new)

Julian Tan (cuteseal) I thought Shelfari was bought by Amazon so if anything, they would be plugging that site instead of goodreads. Goodreads wins hands down though. :D