Monthly "Reads" > LizH's August reads

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments 1. Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
2. Where the River Runs by Patti Callahan Henry
3. The Neighbor by Lisa Gardner
4. The Search by Nora Roberts

All were good, Lisa Gardner is NTMA, and I have the first two in that series to read now. Nora never disappoints. Had to take a break from the Outlander series, but will pick it up soon. Hope to get to Gardner and Rosenfelt for the month of September.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14286 comments Liz:
I am still reading Outlander myself, love it but don't have time for it! wish I did. You are way ahead of me with Gabaldon!

LizH wrote: "1. Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
All were good, Lisa Gardner is NTMA, and I have the first two in that series to read now. Nora never disappoints. Had to take a break from the Outlander series, but will pick it up soon. Hope to get to Gardner and Rosenfelt for the month of September. ..."

message 3: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 180 comments Ann wrote: "Liz:
I am still reading Outlander myself, love it but don't have time for it! wish I did. You are way ahead of me with Gabaldon!

All were good, Lisa Ga..."

I struggled through The Outlander. It's one of the books that convinced me to ditch books that didn't grab me. I hated it.

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3598 comments Cathy (Catsluvbooks) wrote: "Ann wrote: "Liz:

All we..."

I've tried 3 times to finish OUTLANDER and haven't succeeded yet. I would think it would be right up my alley, but for some reason I just can't get interested in it.

message 5: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1189 comments >>I've tried 3 times to finish OUTLANDER and haven't succeeded yet. I would think it would be right up my alley, but for some reason I just can't get interested in it. <<

I think I read over 500 pages before I decided to quit. I remember I tried to read it during tax season and decided taking a nap was more appealing than finishing the book. Like Melodie, I thought it would be my kind of book but I just never got caught up in the story.

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14286 comments Melodie and Sandi:
My first (Yes, out of series order) Gabaldon book was A Breath of Snow and Ashes and I listened to it on audio. I was quickly taken into the story and hated to leave it. Jamie and Clair are mature adults in this book and their personal relationship dynamic is quite different than what I have read so far of the initial stages of their relationship in Outlander. I think that made a difference for me. I am reading Outlander for the back story.

Melodie wrote: "I've tried 3 times to finish OUTLANDER and haven't succeeded yet. I would think it would be right up my alley, but for some reason I just can't get interested in it. ."

message 7: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3491 comments Way back when I read the outlander it took me a few times to get started in that book and never got that far. When I finally did get though it, it was crazy because I was trying do the audio and book at the same time. Now I know stick with the book only. But still each one takes me forever to get though as you know. Now I have hard copy of the pb that smells like ubs and the nook copy. So when I'm ready to read it I can go back and forth if I want. Unless I get rid of the hard copy with a weed out.

message 8: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments In the last 2 I have skimmed the last 100 pages or so, just wanting to be done with the book. And each time I finish I think I am done with the series, but that darn Jaime and Claire keep calling to me!! Just finished Drums of Autumn, now on to Fiery Cross!