YA and KidLit to Film discussion

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 8 comments Hello! I was wondering if anyone has seen the Tim Burton version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Personally, I didn't care for it that much as much as I enjoyed the Gene Wilder version of the tale because it was too dark for me and even though Johnny Depp was in it, the movie just felt kind of empty to me. How do you all feel about this movie?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Personally, I think Johnny Depp is over rated so yeah, I can see your point. However, I felt this version was closer to the book than the Wilder version.

Most people prefer the Wilder verson because it's the classic. I have a feeling it will stay that way.

message 3: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 8 comments Miss wrote: "Personally, I think Johnny Depp is over rated so yeah, I can see your point. However, I felt this version was closer to the book than the Wilder version.

Most people prefer the Wilder verson be..."

Yeah I think that many people loved the Willy Wonka version because it's a classic and people will instantly love a classic movie. I guess the Tim Burton version was closer to the book than the Gene Wilder version.