The Otherworld of Kelley Armstrong discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives / Dead Threads > September Challenge

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 03, 2010 06:39PM) (new)

Ok, for our first challenge I didnt want to make it too difficult (well I hope it isn't.

The challenge for this month is to read a book with a blue cover and a male on it. doesn't have to be all blue but mostly blue. A book that you haven't read. and if you have not got a blue book with a guy on it then you better start lookin :P there are loads of good books out there you just need to find it. It can be from any genre but has to be a fiction.

You can post early and tell us what you found and are going to read. When you finished it you can also write a quick comment on what you thought of the book and how much you rated it.

You have till the end of the month. Happy reading : )

message 2: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I'm in and I think I'll be able to find a blue book with a guy on it in my stacks.

message 3: by Candy (new)

Candy Dodson (candydida) | 24 comments Sounds fun. I'll start looking now.

message 4: by Shondra (new)

Shondra | 2 comments I just got done reading a book with a blue cover dose that count? it was Black Hills By Nora Roberts it has lots of romance, mystery and suspens I gave it 4 stars.

message 5: by Candy (new)

Candy Dodson (candydida) | 24 comments Shondra wrote: "I just got done reading a book with a blue cover dose that count? it was Black Hills By Nora Roberts it has lots of romance, mystery and suspens I gave it 4 stars."

I thought the same thing b/c I just finished reading No Humans Involved from Otherworld series which of course has a blue cover.

message 6: by Candy (new)

Candy Dodson (candydida) | 24 comments Candy wrote: "Shondra wrote: "I just got done reading a book with a blue cover dose that count? it was Black Hills By Nora Roberts it has lots of romance, mystery and suspens I gave it 4 stars."

I thought the..."

It seems I'm always a day late and a dollar short. lol

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

To Shondra. sure why not. If you've just finished reading it this month then thats ok.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok so for this challenge i've started reading The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1) by Jennifer Ashley and i'm loving it so far :D

message 9: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. Sarah wrote: "Ok so for this challenge i've started reading The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1) by Jennifer Ashley and i'm loving it so far :D"

I love that book Sarah.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I've finished The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie and I absolutely loved! I dont usually read books like this that are set in older days but this was really good and would recommend it to any one.
5 Stars

message 11: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I gave it 5 stars too. Absolutely loved it.

message 12: by Frankie (new)

Frankie | 39 comments If I can find the book this weekend, i'm going to read Gena showalter The Darkest Kiss.
I've recently read the first in the series so this challenge just gives me the excuse to buy the next one, as soon as possible.

The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) by Gena Showalter

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I'm planning on reading Midnight Crystal by Jayne Crystal for the challenge. Took me a while to find a book with a blue cover, all the books I kept looking at had green ;P
Midnight Crystal (Dreamlight Trilogy, #3; Arcane Society, #9; Harmony, #7) by Jayne Castle

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Amanda, is it me or does that cover look like the old uk cover for Waking the Witch?
http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1265...

message 15: by Candy (new)

Candy Dodson (candydida) | 24 comments I read a book with a blue cover this month: No Humans Involved by Kelley Armstrong. Loved it! No Humans Involved (Women of the Otherworld, #7) by Kelley Armstrong

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Sarah wrote: "Amanda, is it me or does that cover look like the old uk cover for Waking the Witch?
http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1265..."

Not just you...guess that's what happens with a good idea

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Amanda wrote: "I'm planning on reading Midnight Crystal by Jayne Crystal for the challenge. Took me a while to find a book with a blue cover, all the books I kept looking at had green ;P
[bookcover:Midnight Cry..."

Finished the challenge (very happy to be able to cross something off my to-do list).
I really enjoyed Midnight Crystal (of course I love the whole series so that wasn't much of surprise). The challenge gave me the perfect excuse to read this instead of my textbooks, can't wait for next month's challenge.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Glad you enjoyed this challenge Amanda!

Dont forget guys, there is only a few days left for this challenge so dnt forget to post what books you've read and check back to find out what nxt months challenge will be.

message 19: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessimuhka) | 3 comments I (re)read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Blue cover, yay! I liked it much better this time around actually.

message 20: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. DONE! Wonderful book - very hot!

Unleashing the Storm Unleashing the Storm (ACRO, #2) by Sydney Croft

message 21: by Lucille (new)

Lucille (lucillexxelias) | 36 comments I finished The Realm of Possibility by David Levithan the other day. I was worried that I wouldn't make it :p

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.