A New Earth discussion

New age fiction?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by PJ (new)

PJ Swanwick (pjswanwick) | 3 comments Tolle's books (starting with "The Power of Now) have changed my life. There's a lot of great nonfiction available about metaphysical/new age/new thought/mindfulness topics, but what about fiction? What are you all reading?

I really liked "The Art of Racing in the Rain," but its reincarnation/mindfulness subtheme is fairly muted. "The Celestine Prophecy" is a start, I suppose, except that it's not very well written.

What fiction are you reading that fills your soul?

message 2: by Kathrynn (last edited Sep 04, 2010 06:33AM) (new)

Kathrynn Great comment, Pam. I haven't read any fiction books like that, but I've read and enjoyed books by Rupert Sheldrake, "The Sense of Being Stared At" was wonderful.

The Sense of Being Stared At And Other Unexplained Powers of the Human Mind by Rupert Sheldrake

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela (angelaskell) The book RADICAL ACCEPTANCE is great for people who are healing physically, emotionally, and of course spiritually. I read it a long time ago after I was diagnosed with Lupus and it was awakening. The author is Tara Brach. Not fiction but pertinent

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

For the first 22 years of my life i never read a book for my enjoyment. In the past 6 months allot of big changes and events have happened to me. My spiritual journey has really taken off. During this time allot of my hobbies, lifestyle, and things of enjoyment all together have changed. I really have fell in love with reading.. Celestine Prophecy series was good, i enjoyed it. My favorite spiritual fiction however has be Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman. That book was perfect for me at the time of my read :) not sure if this is considered new age but it was amazing!