Enlightenment Through Knowledge discussion

New age fiction?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by PJ (new)

PJ Swanwick (pjswanwick) | 6 comments There's a lot of great nonfiction available about metaphysical/new age/new thought/mindfulness topics, but what about fiction? What are you all reading?

I really liked "The Art of Racing in the Rain," but its reincarnation/mindfulness subtheme is fairly muted. "The Celestine Prophecy" is a start, I suppose, except that it's not very well written.

What fiction are you reading that fills your soul?

message 2: by Natalia (new)

Natalia | 10 comments Hi Pam. Paulo Coelho is a wonderful fictional writer. I've read a few of his books. I think the best one to read first is The Alchemist. The Witch of Portobello is a good read as well. Mitch Albom is also a great writer, I suggest you start with Tuesdays with Morrie.

I've read The Celestine Prophecy and loved it. At the moment I'm reading The Holotropic Mind. It's a nonfictional book about Transpersonal psycology (the spirituality of the east & the science of the west). It has been a very interesting read, and what I love most about it is that in a way it makes you question your own reality and the way you have lived your life. I highly recommend it.

message 3: by PJ (new)

PJ Swanwick (pjswanwick) | 6 comments I also like Coelho, although his work doesn't really grip me the way that good fiction does. Same thing with Albom--good, but not great. The Holotropic Mind sounds really interesting. Thanks!